• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

Boosted89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
NA
And the dealer show was last night....

I'm not seeing anything phallic in the AR240 graphics....are you talking about this:
View attachment 81512
Yes, I'm just not big on them I guess, personal preference but maybe they'll grow on me. I really like the new blue 242x graphics, and the other designs that "wrap" around the rear of the hull. Admittedly I'm just bitter because I had my heart set on a new AR240 for next season and I don't immediately like the aesthetic changes. Maybe they'll grow on me, or I'll find a leftover at the beginning of the season, or I'll talk my wife into a 242.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
River Valley Power Sports just posted a video on Facebook of the 242x surf wave with the new surf package and not going to lie it looks pretty good. It says no ballast on the post, but that's hard to believe.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Apologies if this has already been asked, but do we think the rear seat inserts could be installed on a 2018 210 FSH?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Apologies if this has already been asked, but do we think the rear seat inserts could be installed on a 2018 210 FSH?
I believe it is the same hull so it should be possible.

dslack67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
River Valley Power Sports just posted a video on Facebook of the 242x surf wave with the new surf package and not going to lie it looks pretty good. It says no ballast on the post, but that's hard to believe.
For what it's worth, we tested a Scarab 255 Open center console with the Surf Stream add-on and the wake wave was very similar and clean as to what this video shows. Keep in mind that the 255 Open has no ballast as it's there center console boat, not their 255 ID open bow. We had 3 adults (me 150lb, wife 120lb, my brother 160lb) and 3 small children (2yr, 5yr, 9yr). All spread around the boat. At around 10 mph, this is very, very close to how the wake wave was. Surprisingly clean on the face and a bit deeper pocket than I was expecting. By no means on par with dedicated surf boats out there, no way, but better than what I was expecting. Now, we don't know how to surf as this future purchase will be our first boat, so I cannot speak to how much push/power the wave actually has and maybe it wouldn't "look" as tall with an actual person riding it, but all I wanted to share is that is very similar to how the Scarab 255 Open with Surf Stream looked.

dslack67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok, after no real earth shattering changes announced on the AR240, I'm thinking that a 2018 AR240 (in black as I like that color better) with the Wake Wedge and the custom Transom 750lb FatSac (or even 2), with JBP LT's, would be the better purchase??? Local dealer has a few AR240's still listed as available with a couple grand off from the End of Summer sale, etc. Probably around $52K. Save the $5k over a 2019? Is there anything else other than the Connex having GPS Maps on the 2019? No improved sound deadening or anything like that? Any improvements or changing to the pumps (i.e. larger, etc.) other than their changes to the nozzles (which may or may not be better than the JBP LT's)?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And no gauges on the 2019 may be a bit of a drawback there. Another push in favor of the 2018 you are looking at.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, after no real earth shattering changes announced on the AR240, I'm thinking that a 2018 AR240 (in black as I like that color better) with the Wake Wedge and the custom Transom 750lb FatSac (or even 2), with JBP LT's, would be the better purchase??? Local dealer has a few AR240's still listed as available with a couple grand off from the End of Summer sale, etc. Probably around $52K. Save the $5k over a 2019? Is there anything else other than the Connex having GPS Maps on the 2019? No improved sound deadening or anything like that? Any improvements or changing to the pumps (i.e. larger, etc.) other than their changes to the nozzles (which may or may not be better than the JBP LT's)?
Love my 2018 AR240 (white/space blue) even more now that they jacked the price and messed up on the graphics. The red scheme isn't too bad though. My dealer has a few black AR240's left in Black and he said he can't give them away. He sold out of all the white/blue boats in April...I put my name on one in February. I guess no one wants a black boat as they are hard to keep up...they show every little mark and they'll oxidize so it's additional maintenance. Also think about resale of a black boat and what it'll look like in a few years. Most boats are white for a reason if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong if you don't mind that extra upkeep its a great looking boat. However the black scheme this year is slightly plain being just black/white. Seen it in person and didn't much care for it...again personal preference. Would've been better with some color in it...just my 2c.

As for the 2019s I don't like the new dash without the gauges...looks stark. As far as changes there are some minor updates to the trailer (who cares) and they added maps to the Connex system which for me is not anything I would need. My only complaint is the snap-in mats as they tend to get very hot in the sun but once underway they're fine. I'm considering getting the sea-deck kit from JBP next month. I also ordered the thrust vectors and lateral thrusters this week...great group buy price this month.

Good luck with your search.

Chuds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would say if you like the look of the 18 that would be your better option as it sounds like the surfboost system might work on the 18's and the wake wedge is a proven solution so you really cannot lose. I would also agree with your comment that the advantages to the reverse will be outweighed by not being able to put JBP or Cobra steering fins on it as really low speed handling is a bigger issue than reversing into the dock IMO. Other than that it doesn't sound like there is any advantage to the 19's over the 18's.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just saw this on Instagram, the Wake Booster will work on 2017 or newer for the 21 footers and 2015 or newer on the 24 footers.Wake Booster.jpg

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know if thrust vectors are still compatible with 2019s?
I would say no as they are specifically designed to work with the old style nozzles. I sure Will at JBP is already on it.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw this on Instagram, the Wake Booster will work on 2017 or newer for the 21 footers and 2015 or newer on the 24 footers.View attachment 81527
Would you mind starting a Wakebooster thread since you’re finding a lot of information on it? I think it’d be great to follow so we can find out as much info as possible and a release date!

You the man for finding the info!

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would say no as they are specifically designed to work with the old style nozzles. I sure Will at JBP is already on it.
You are correct on both counts based on what I was just told... new version will be made

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is sweet!!!
upload_2018-8-15_15-41-11.png

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
alphakap -thanx for posting the promo vid clips

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone claimed there were 8 people on board. . . . .which isn't exactly "no ballast". A question posed and unanswered was, was there NO Ballast or NO EXTERNAL Ballast. . . . .big difference.