• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Apologies if already posted, but the wakeboost wave looks pretty good.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I agree. If I was in an 11-14, the 2019s look like a home run to me. I don't understand the critical reception from people who are already in this generation of boat. It's a marginal improvement from the year before, which is a marginal improvement from the year before that. As it should be. The lineup is fantastic.

As to the price increases? Duh. Find me one thing that becomes cheaper one year to the next. Boat pricing is crazy, across the board - not just a Yamaha thing.
I think it’s more the value proposition of Yamaha’s doesn’t seem to be what it once was. Along with the Henry Ford attitude of you can have it in any color you want as long as it’s black. (Same attitude with options)

And the dealer mindset of the price is the price doesn’t help those of us that don’t mind a little negotiating.

It’s worked for them so far though.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apologies if already posted, but the wakeboost wave looks pretty good.
I does and it doesn’t...
Considering no ballast - it does, but they have lots of human ballast on that boat!
Considering they only show the port side wake - makes me a bit sceptical - port/goofy wake always looks so much better in those boats due to impeller rotation.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I posted this in the 19' forum section thread but figured it could be posted here as well since not everyone goes to that sub forum.

Here's some subtle changes I've noticed while really looking over the new 19' boats...

Bow:
New upholstery design looks cool but what I really like was the cup holders are now by the hip of the person sitting in the bow seats. In previous models the cup holder is up by the front of the bow by the occupants ankles. Grab handles are now moved inside the bow for a sleeker look. They should have taken this opportunity to move the front cleats aft about to where the grab handles normally would have been on previous models. I always hate how the front cleats are on the tapering portions of the bow which doesn't protect the boat as well when using a fender. Would move the cleat aft both another foot or so. The longer and flatter bow area by the navigation light should make footing safer. As someone who solo boats and uses the front often getting off/on the trailer or kid jumping off the bow, this is a welcome change! Oh and hinged seats FTW of course lol.

Cockpit:
The engine hatch is completely redesigned to have cutouts in the corners. It's also asymmetrical now. This is similar to what Scarab does to increase leg room in corners rather than go straight across and have right angles. I noticed the girl almost stepped on the front angle surface of the engine hatch before stepping into the cushion lol.

Here's a good look at the new cushion and back rests. I was hoping Yamaha would do a removable cushion there to save from stepping on the cushion. Cup holders moved by the center bench cushion. Now sure how I feel about that placement as I can see someone knocking over drinks going and coming from the swim deck.

Here's the table seating area. Not into this but I do like how open it makes it. I'd just never use the table. You can also spot the additional helm storage. Really jealous of that and the observers new helm angle area lol. They took those ques from the FSH models and adapted it for the new SX and AR 19's so a smart change IMO. Really opens up the cockpit. Yea you lose storage you had in the rear cushion but you gain it under the new helm storage so it's a win in my book.

Swim deck:
Cup holders moved to the Lower deck on the swim platform and they also have the small white drains so they no longer dump into the bilge like previous models cup holders of the upper deck. Personally I'm a fan of this change. Also just like previous models trim levels, the 190 series only get traction mat on the upper deck while the 195 series get it on both levels of the swim platform. Single latch for cleanout tray is nice as its one less to break than previous years. I like the larger swim platform overall and it's much more like the 21' boats!

Trim level differences at a glance:
Here is a good angle to show the trim level differences between the 190 and 195 series. Just like in the past year models, the upper trim level receive a darker sportier theme. SX195 gets a chrome trim around the window edging. AR195 can come with gray or black window edging depending on boat color.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I does and it doesn’t...
Considering no ballast - it does, but they have lots of human ballast on that boat!
Considering they only show the port side wake - makes me a bit sceptical - port/goofy wake always looks so much better in those boats due to impeller rotation.

Good to know, I certainly don't have as much experience with this as you and others. I am curious to see how it shakes out in real world use, especially for non-ballasted boats like mine. I'm sure I lack the coordination to do it anyway, lol.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I got a chance to demo the 242x today with the new wakebooster in Person and I’m not going to lie, it simply works great! It’s a little cumbeursome to install at first but once you do it a few times I think it’ll be super straight forward.

We ran the boat empty of ballast but full of people in a straight line at 10.5 mph it it produced a big and clean wave. The wave seemed to curve further away from the boat and produced a huge transition zone along with a nice curl. I think you will all be impressed...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do like the look of this panel! Was this introduced with the bigger Connext screen?

View attachment 81409
Yes they are part of the connext 2.0. I like that they are physical buttons but not sure how I fell abbout them being another is a proprietary n2k setup with the previous challenges we have seen in that area.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Will they let you actually surf while doing a demo?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NO SHOES ON THE BOAT!!:eek::mad:

image.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will they let you actually surf while doing a demo?
Not sure but I guess it's up to how good or willing your dealer is. I know that all wake boat dealers I've visited pretty much beg you to come out and surf or demo behind the boat.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Not sure but I guess it's up to how good or willing your dealer is. I know that all wake boat dealers I've visited pretty much beg you to come out and surf or demo behind the boat.
That's great because my next boat will be all about the wave it makes first. But I'm not rich so I can only prob afford something around $65k or less.

JBlue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Is Quiet Cruise new to 19fters this year? Don’t remember seeing that on 2018s

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Too bad Yamaha didn't ask me how to layout a cockpit. haha. No flat board with a cell phone holder here...

20180815_172836.jpg 20180815_172928.jpg 20180815_172947.jpg

Lol...

yamaha-boats-2019-ar-240-white-helm-7-in-connext (1).jpg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice I see the snaps!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I got a chance to demo the 242x today with the new wakebooster in Person and I’m not going to lie, it simply works great! It’s a little cumbeursome to install at first but once you do it a few times I think it’ll be super straight forward.

We ran the boat empty of ballast but full of people in a straight line at 10.5 mph it it produced a big and clean wave. The wave seemed to curve further away from the boat and produced a huge transition zone along with a nice curl. I think you will all be impressed...
Pic of wave
Any pics of a port side wave?

nclacrosse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Any pics showing how it’s installed? Or can you describe it?from the pics I’ve seen, I can’t tell exactly how it attaches. Glad you found it impressive. I have high hopes for it.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash im pretty sure the engine hatch cushion is removable. Also, did they increase the displacement? It’s 1812 everywhere else but the 195s show 1852
I looked at every engine as well and only the 195’s have the Super Vortex High Output motor.