• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195 FSH sport - Throttle issues

chrisbiss78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all,

Just joining this Forum and need your help! I'll start by saying a read a few posts regarding "Throttle Drop" which I am also experiencing and will look to correct that issue this weekend when I go out. Seems like an easy fix and could possibly be the reason behind all of my issues, but posting this in hopes someone has experienced the same issues I am currently having and a solution.

On a few occasions when attempting to get on plane I just don't have the power. Even at full throttle I just cannot get the rpm's up. The only way I can increase the RPM's is by applying full throttle and hitting the cruise assist (No Wake) and it incrementally will take off. What I am finding as when doing this, despite the increase in power and the boat getting on plane, I cannot get my RPM's over 6k no matter what I do. The boat will cruise nicely (Despite the throttle drop issue I need to address) but here is no explanation as to why I can only achieve 6k RPM's at full throttle.

This has only happened on a few occasions and the problem seems to be intermittent, but happening more frequently. I cannot figure out a pattern! Example: Last night we took off to go watch sunset. We left the ramp and began heading out. (5-10 min running in neutral at ramp) (about 5 min in a no wake zone) As I began to accelerate I couldn't get out of the hole, even at full throttle. (Note: I never hammer down, always apply a steady increase in power, but fairly quickly) Using the method described above I was able to increase the RPM's only by using the cruise assist button. (Full throttle and hit the button a few times). We arrived at a sandbar after about a 45 min ride, slowing some as we approached a few 5mph zones, but mostly maintaining an average speed of 28-32 MPH @ 5800-6000 RPM's. (Couldn't get it any higher). We sat for about 1.5 hours and decided to head home. Started up, idled for a few min and headed out. It was a different boat. Came right out of the hole and no issues with loss of power or limited RPM's. Was able to hit about 48-52 MPH at about 7700 RPM's for about 2-3 min just to test. I prefer to cruise at 6000RPM's and whatever speed that get's me to, but should have that power reserve to get going if I need to. We approached a No Wake Zone and went under a bridge. Once we were able to get back on plane, thud. Back to the issues I reported earlier. Could only hit 5800-6000 rpm's using cruise assist to get it going...

Side note: When I throttle down after using this method to get on plane, it almost immediately loses all power as if I throttled down to neutral.

Has anyone seen this? PLEASE HELP!!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your throttle stop needs adjusted or your throttle cable is stretched too far and needs replaced. I've had to adjust my throttle cable/stop a couple of times already and my boat isn't even a year old. The other issue is the throttle drop...I've never been able to completely get rid of that, but it's a simple adjustment as is the throttle stop adjustment.

chrisbiss78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your throttle stop needs adjusted or your throttle cable is stretched too far and needs replaced. I've had to adjust my throttle cable/stop a couple of times already and my boat isn't even a year old. The other issue is the throttle drop...I've never been able to completely get rid of that, but it's a simple adjustment as is the throttle stop adjustment.
Thanks for the feedback. I've adjusted both! The throttle drop problems have been resolved however my issue still persists even after adjusting the throttle cable. This Sunday I took it out and again couldn't get on plane leaving the boat ramp without applying full throttle and using the cruise assist to increase RPM's. Did this throughout the 45 min ride to the sandbar. Every time I slowed for boat traffic and larger waves I had to start over. After about 2 hours hanging out at the sandbar, full throttle with no issues the whole ride home. Help!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The throttles on your boat are analogue and digital. The analogue part is from the handles you touch to the potentiometer in the engine bay. The potentiometer part is the where the cable plugs in and that goes to the ETV or electronic throttle valve on the intake manifold of the engine, depending on how much voltage is coming out of the pot is what tells the ETV how far to open.

Having said that, your cruise assist steps the ETV in increments above or below where the pot is set, as such it controls the ETV without the pot.

There has to be an issue with the pots output to your ETV’s, and the common thread here is the cruise assist. I would be tempted to remove the wires (pay careful attention to what wire goes where, there is a hot, and a cruise up and a cruise down) from the cruise assist switch, tape them off, then try running your boat without the cruise assist. Or at the very least, check the tightness of the multi pin connectors attached to where they are attached to the pot, then check the connection at the ETV. The other thing I would check is the grounds, there have been a fair amount of threads on here with control problems that are traced back to loose grounds, and since this issue is intermittent, that makes me think there could be a loose ground some where. Start at your batteries and make sure that cluster of ground wires is not only tight but that all the wires have good connection(s).

D5A520CE-0CF3-420F-BDA4-1067925FA0C1.jpeg