• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh snap. Present came in today....
20200225_170321.jpg

20200225_170330.jpg

20200225_170312.jpg

Really loving the quality of their stuff, and price is perfect. I guess we'll see how long the Shiney finish holds up before fading....

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks buddy. Was a pain in my ass, but worth it in the end
Totally worth it. I wanted my stuff to be that clean but I didn't want to lose storage space.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Very nice. You do excellent work. I love the amp setup.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh snap. Present came in today....
View attachment 112348

View attachment 112349

View attachment 112350

Really loving the quality of their stuff, and price is perfect. I guess we'll see how long the Shiney finish holds up before fading....
I have the same exact mirror (different bracket). Don't know if you boat in salt water but, the metal plate and the screws rust. Mine looks like crap. Keep silicone type protective spray on there and you "should" be fine. Also be careful when lowering your tower and the mirror will hit.

1582733532730.png

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same exact mirror (different bracket). Don't know if you boat in salt water but, the metal plate and the screws rust. Mine looks like crap. Keep silicone type protective spray on there and you "should" be fine. Also be careful when lowering your tower and the mirror will hit.

View attachment 112391
I do indeed boat in salt water sometimes. I'll have to see what I can do to not let that rust. Appreciate the heads up there.
Folding tower as well. I only fold it in winter so I'll have to remember to remove mirror.
Other then those does the mirror work nicely for ya?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think you might find the arm on this mirror a little short as I had to swap out for a much longer arm on my Samson swivel mirror. Just a heads up, depending on the return policy.
View attachment 112390
It should work well on a 242 with the extended bimini right?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I do indeed boat in salt water sometimes. I'll have to see what I can do to not let that rust. Appreciate the heads up there.
Folding tower as well. I only fold it in winter so I'll have to remember to remove mirror.
Other then those does the mirror work nicely for ya?
I love it. The size is perfect and shows a lot. We often bring guests with us when boating. This allows me to see all behind me instead of twisting my neck. I also use this to make sure the water does not come over the swim platform when dropping off plane. Obviously great for pulling skiers and watching boats behind you. I'm sure you'll be happy you have it.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love it. The size is perfect and shows a lot. We often bring guests with us when boating. This allows me to see all behind me instead of twisting my neck. I also use this to make sure the water does not come over the swim platform when dropping off plane. Obviously great for pulling skiers and watching boats behind you. I'm sure you'll be happy you have it.
Awesome. I'll just have to remedy the rusting issue before it starts. Thanks my man

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It should work well on a 242 with the extended bimini right?
I'm not familiar with the 242,but these are designed to mount to tower diameter. If the 242 runs same size tube on Bimini as tower it'll be just fine. It does come with a bunch of various size rubber inserts for clamp. So it could be fitted I reckon. Our little 195 Bimini bars are small

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update from the weekend work. Brought her home again to do some little things. Really wish the weather would break warm. Highly anticipating March 8 for daylight sayings time. That'll start warming it up here in no time.

Anyway...... She looks so cold 😒
View attachment 111803

Put a race car tape mark on steering wheel. Coming from i/o or outboard motors all my life I'm still adapting to the jet life. This tape line will help me see and feel center (jet pointing straight). Should help me with the not knowing. Not that I'm horrible, but not i/o good yet....
View attachment 111804
View attachment 111805

This pic is for @2kwik4u and anyone else wanting to know. I traced the tube from the passenger helm cup holder. It dumps right out onto floor....
View attachment 111806

Sooooooooo.........
View attachment 111807

Out come the cup holders for some sealing. Did silicone into the holes....

View attachment 111808

Pushed in with shot glass of class...
View attachment 111809
Then added another bead on top....
View attachment 111810
View attachment 111811

Climbed my big non flexible ass behind driver helm to look into the conext map update thingy. I found this....
View attachment 111812

Found the SD card. It's right below the blue plug thingy. Pulled it out, and hoping for an update with better maps...
View attachment 111813

Working with @Compatico to get this updated. Not simple for me so far. Gonna try again tonight. Once I get it I'll do a full write up in a separate thread for anyone in future....
View attachment 111814

So I test fit my new amp rack board instead. Fits gorgeously....
View attachment 111815

She is now 5" off the floor. So after sealing cup holders I'll have zero worries of water touching electronics...
View attachment 111816

😍😍😍😍😍😍......
View attachment 111817

Mounting up Wetsounds distribution blocks. One for power, and one for ground....
View attachment 111818

Drilled holes so all wiring will come up from floor into blocks and amps. It'll look super clean once installed and finished...
View attachment 111819

That's it for this weekend adventures. Next weekend cup holders will go back in, and hopefully start wiring in 😊😊
The tape on the wheel makes it look like it goes really fast! I am new to jets from I/O and i sometimes struggle..

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The tape on the wheel makes it look like it goes really fast! I am new to jets from I/O and i sometimes struggle..

Drift boat for sure. No but seriously I'm hoping it really helps me find center quickly when docking

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drift boat for sure. No but seriously I'm hoping it really helps me find center quickly when docking
I ended up with a black zip tie in the recess at the bottom of the wheel so I could feel it easily. Plus it blends in some. It made a world of difference to not have to look down.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up with a black zip tie in the recess at the bottom of the wheel so I could feel it easily. Plus it blends in some. It made a world of difference to not have to look down.
second this. Zip tie for me!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hoyt Thanks for the cupholder picture. Appreciate the legwork there.

Sealing the cupholders is a good move IMO. Only downside is sweat from cold beverages accumulates in them during dry days. On wet days they fill with water. I keep one of these Absorber chamois in the boat, and a single "insertion" will soak up about 95% of the water from a full cupholder

Also, I installed drains from my rear cupholders into the rear cleanout tray. Here's a link to that process. I have a toddler that likes to sit on the rear swim platform and, quite literally, dump buckets of water on his head. He gets a huge kick out of it, and it was ALL draining straight into the bilge before the capping, silicone, and drain line installation. Well worth the time for me!
So on an AR210, the cup holders do not have drain tubes from the different cupholders? IF they are not sealed, they drain onto the carpet??