• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Black AR190 Mods

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks that makes me feel good about my setup! :D The tint is tricky. The curve in the glass caused a lot of issues for some shops. Tint2u was a local place I found that was able to do it.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tiny guy I found is doing it for 320. He’s been at it all day. He is not happy with the curve just like you said.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya, the first guy I had gave up after about an hour. Several other shops didn’t even want to try it. If your guy gives up and the boat is still in LA area, try Tint2u.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That looks good. I bet your guy will never do another one again. lol

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's awesome!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking super good. Really loving those wheels

Cstrimer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat looks great... wife and I just bought the same one here in WV.

Which lettering kit did you install or was that a sign shop? I really like the font/color scheme with the boat.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
that’s exactly what he said 😂
I reached out to two local tint places, when they heard "boat" over the phone both said "hell to the nope."

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat looks great... wife and I just bought the same one here in WV.

Which lettering kit did you install or was that a sign shop? I really like the font/color scheme with the boat.
thanks! It’s been a great boat so far andall the modding has been fun. Here is the amazon pics of where I got the lettering and American flag emblems I put on.
22E64715-B6E6-4F35-9F6B-68D69DB129A0.jpeg897BED2F-3585-4F30-A149-2C94A7519720.jpeg

Cstrimer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got our boat and going to replace the speakers tomorrow... was there sealant behind them we need to replace or was just just screws out/screws back in? I bought those same polk speakers. AF2A05A6-9DF7-408E-955B-6FE03319890D.jpeg

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got our boat and going to replace the speakers tomorrow... was there sealant behind them we need to replace or was just just screws out/screws back in? I bought those same polk speakers. View attachment 119616
Just screws out and back in. Simple replacement

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice boat. Congrats. I'm still not sure between AR190 vs. 195... The lake I go 90% of the time has a weekends and holidays speed limit of 40 mph therefore I may be OK with the AR190. Still have time since there is a shortage of 19ft in the market now and I'm not willing to overpay. I can wait. What was your speed without any mods?

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question. How's the Jensen stereo performance? With the speakers upgrade you have a decent result? I notice that SX and AR190 are using Jensen instead of Clarion for their stereo unit. Thanks a lot.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice boat. Congrats. I'm still not sure between AR190 vs. 195... The lake I go 90% of the time has a weekends and holidays speed limit of 40 mph therefore I may be OK with the AR190. Still have time since there is a shortage of 19ft in the market now and I'm not willing to overpay. I can wait. What was your speed without any mods?
Thanks. The upgrading has been fun so far and I do love how easy it handles.

37 has been my top speed so far. Getting it back Thursday after the 10hr break in. It seems that wether I have 2 or 6 people, my top speeds are 34-37. like most 2019 and above ar190 owners, our models seem to be slower than the older models. I still think I would have chose the 190 because of how good it is on gas and lots of the bells and whistles you can upgrade to your own taste.

Last edited:

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question. How's the Jensen stereo performance? With the speakers upgrade you have a decent result? I notice that SX and AR190 are using Jensen instead of Clarion for their stereo unit. Thanks a lot.
I upgraded my speakers to the Polk audios and putting in tower speakers this week so will let you know how it handles with the Jenson.