• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Black AR190 Mods

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. The upgrading has been fun so far and I do love how easy it handles.

37 has been my top speed so far. Getting it back Thursday after the 10hr break in. It seems that wether I have 2 or 6 people, my top speeds are 34-37. like most 2019 and above ar190 owners, our models seem to be slower than the older models. I still think I would have chose the 190 because of how good it is on gas and lots of the bells and whistles you can upgrade to your own taste.
Thank you for the reply and the combination of high 30s speed and the excellent gas mileage I hear on the 190 series keeps taking me back to the AR190 from my logical side. I believe both AR190 and 195 are excellent values and there is no right or wrong, just depends on everyone's needs and boat utilization. Upper 30's mph would certainly meet my needs and I'm at around 900 ft elevation. Good luck on the tower speakers install.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like Hoyt said, easy install.

now the tower speakers I’m putting in tomorrow I’m worried about running it through the tower 😳
Also a super simple job. Get some bailing wire from auto zone, and braid it into a 15' piece. Fold tower down, and go up through starboard side. Super easy. Do have to drill a hole for each speaker wire to come out of though

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What tailer guides did you go with? they look nice and compact, i just picked up the same boat yesterday from Ski Dock in Austin TX

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to Install my fishing rod holdersView attachment 119893View attachment 119894View attachment 119895View attachment 119896View attachment 119897View attachment 119898 and Polk 6.5 waketower speakers. Now off to the river for some much needed boating.

Sweet looking boat boat. #SoCal :) Picking up my 2020 this weekend from Bert's in Covina. Been doing ton's of research, but one thing I have not heard any one say is if they've crossed to Catalina in one of these Small 19.5' Jets.... Have you? If so what was the experience and conditions?

Does the 2020 AR190 have a depth alarm with the connext system?

From what I read, I'm also worried about fluctuating top speeds in this boat?!?!? The range I hear is between 32-45mph (depending). I was so anxious to make the deal and I purchased w/o test driving because of all the great reviews and also that they are terribly hard to find in stock here in SoCal.

Lastly, please provide links to where you purchased your chrome fishing pole/ wake board holders if you have not already.

I'm a first time boater and will be launching a a boat for the first time. My first trip will probably be Newport Dunes - as it seems a pretty safe first step. Where would you recommend though for SoCal first timers in this "small boy".

Thanks in advance and again, that freaking boat is looking awesome bro'... Real Talk!!!!

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet looking boat boat. #SoCal :) Picking up my 2020 this weekend from Bert's in Covina. Been doing ton's of research, but one thing I have not heard any one say is if they've crossed to Catalina in one of these Small 19.5' Jets.... Have you? If so what was the experience and conditions?

Does the 2020 AR190 have a depth alarm with the connext system?

From what I read, I'm also worried about fluctuating top speeds in this boat?!?!? The range I hear is between 32-45mph (depending). I was so anxious to make the deal and I purchased w/o test driving because of all the great reviews and also that they are terribly hard to find in stock here in SoCal.

Lastly, please provide links to where you purchased your chrome fishing pole/ wake board holders if you have not already.

I'm a first time boater and will be launching a a boat for the first time. My first trip will probably be Newport Dunes - as it seems a pretty safe first step. Where would you recommend though for SoCal first timers in this "small boy".

Thanks in advance and again, that freaking boat is looking awesome bro'... Real Talk!!!!
Thanks for the props! Still always trying to add little touches here and there. I have a Jeep Wrangler and unfortunately they both have the same accessorizing choices that never end. My OCD is in overdrive.

Bert’s is where I purchased mine and got the 10hr service. Great staff over there! I am 90% happy with my boat. We originally started all the paperwork on the 240 then switched gears at the last hour. The only thing I am really missing out on is the speed differences. I now have 20 hours and have not hit above 37mph. I think this is pretty common on the 2019-20. The speeds you mentioned are for the older models :(

that bring said, I think I made the right choice. Getting lots of compliments on the water and have hauled 7 people with gear hitting 35mph.

Congrats and welcome aboard. This group is super helpful and informative. Check out The Hoyt and DavisAR195 for other great ideas.

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10" Clamp On 360 Degree Adjustable Fishing Rod Holder & PVC Liner - Clamp to fit 1-1/4" to 2" Tube Amazon.com : 10" Clamp On 360 Degree Adjustable Fishing Rod Holder & PVC Liner - Clamp to fit 1-1/4" to 2" Tube : Sports & Outdoors

Here are the 4 rod holders I added. Yes it has the depth finder with adjustable warning.
Great, thanks. I'm gonna order a few. Can you recommend the best (calmer) ocean spots to visit? Also, how do you feel about making trips to Catalina in this boat? Sorry to keep mentioning, but the wife keeps nagging about it. And I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, thanks. I'm gonna order a few. Can you recommend the best (calmer) ocean spots to visit? Also, how do you feel about making trips to Catalina in this boat? Sorry to keep mentioning, but the wife keeps nagging about it. And I'm not sure if it's a good idea.
We were on the fence on whether or not we were going to use it on both salt water and freshwater. Since we spent most of our time on lakes and rivers we decided to keep in freshwater only, at least for now.

As far as Catalina, it would have to be perfect conditions for me to take my boat that far. I have made that trip many times on other boats and went over with a AR240 a couple years ago. That was extremely rough and everyone came back with lots of bumps and bruises. If I were to ever switch to salt water I would definitely use it in Huntington Harbour, Long Beach, Newport without any worries.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a great memorial day weekend and explored two lakes, Mead and Mohave. Would highly recommend going to both if taking a multiple stop trip. You get to see both sides of the Hoover dam with miles of great cloves and beaches.E9EA7149-FAD2-41E0-8116-CF5878F1C19F.jpeg067F95D2-B589-41E4-A29B-82E66D0F9C92.jpeg230F1261-6263-4101-8C0B-A42BFB3B5D4B.jpegA04A8A75-4868-4319-B30A-84EBEB640B72.jpegCE3832F8-C578-4C2B-9D95-70DCB590FD46.jpeg3CF585D4-BE1B-48AB-804D-8B5DFBACEA3F.jpeg501DBB13-5E8A-4B7B-8291-7357E36973AD.jpeg

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok kool.... Great information on Catalina and the AR240. The Harbor Patrol at Avalon said that if we did decide on it make sure winds are 10 knots or below with patchy or no fog. Other than that, the ocean would make easy work of this 190

Oddly enough, it was renting the AR240 at Mission Bay SanDiego where we caught the bug. But I swore NEVER to pay $240/HR to rent a Jet boat again!!! The 19FT 2016 SX190 was even $190/HR for goodness sake.

Newport it is then on Maiden voyage... HaHa!!

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, did a lot of BBQING this weekend and was super happy with the set up I put together. It worked great on the swimdeck. Beach, and park. All for under $200.52A2377A-D44C-49A2-BDBD-84873E41DF8D.jpeg

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a great memorial day weekend and explored two lakes, Mead and Mohave. Would highly recommend going to both if taking a multiple stop trip. You get to see both sides of the Hoover dam with miles of great cloves and beaches. View attachment 120359
Wait....not the steaks on the grill GTFOH... LMAO! Good job bro...!! I hope you don't mind a few PM's here soon. Imma have to step my game up!!

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it looks sporty with them and classy without them

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could always remove them and throw a big kracken on the side

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Leave them on or take them off? View attachment 121387
It would still look slick on the water regardless, but I would suggest replacing with something else instead of leaving just plain. I could see a more personalized sticker/ design to replace it. Something unique that no one else has, although I'm not sure how many of these AR190's are skating around here in SoCal to matter. This boat is way too hard to find out here and according to Yamaha, they are done making these for 2020.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Leave them on or take them off? View attachment 121387
Probably the unpopular opinion but I would leave them on for a season or two, once they get a few marks/start to peal then remove/replace with something else. Looks good either way.