• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Black AR190 Mods

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your boat looks great. I just purchased a 2020 SX 190 and am hoping to pick your brain about some mods. What color Seadek did you go with? The carpet is already starting to get funky and has got to go. Any installation tips on the 190? How did you end up removing the button snaps and what did you fill them with? My fiance wants the camel color, but I'm not sure that would go with the boat. I think the cool or smoke grey would match the interior better.

I have the same Jensen head unit and speakers and am considering upgrading speakers. Were the Polks a noticeable upgrade with just a speaker change? Were they any louder than stock? Feel like they need an amp? I can barely hear the stock setup at max volume at speed and not at all outside of the boat floating in the water.

Thanks for posting all your photos and mods!

Attachments

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cpthook and I got to hit lake Mohave, Pirate’s cove, Topock 66, and the Havasu channel this weekend. It was a great time and we got to see how how well these ar190s do on long trips together. Even helped each other get out of some low spots in the dark coming back thru the gorge. It was a great time and saw lots of other Yamahas on the water too.52A27CD3-009D-41D1-A0F8-5B39ED4A0631.jpeg3BFB6948-EE10-42FB-B3BB-D5D6113585F4.jpeg3EEE6E81-14B6-43D2-8EAF-704B2C41FC36.jpeg

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your boat looks great. I just purchased a 2020 SX 190 and am hoping to pick your brain about some mods. What color Seadek did you go with? The carpet is already starting to get funky and has got to go. Any installation tips on the 190? How did you end up removing the button snaps and what did you fill them with? My fiance wants the camel color, but I'm not sure that would go with the boat. I think the cool or smoke grey would match the interior better.

I have the same Jensen head unit and speakers and am considering upgrading speakers. Were the Polks a noticeable upgrade with just a speaker change? Were they any louder than stock? Feel like they need an amp? I can barely hear the stock setup at max volume at speed and not at all outside of the boat floating in the water.

Thanks for posting all your photos and mods!
All my seadek upgrades have been smoke grey and black. I still have the carpet in my interior. Was going to wait for the group buy later this year for that.

upgrading the Polks are very simple and added much better sound. Ijust added a small amp to power the components and it is now a night and day. I added a video and the model of upgrades below in another post.

Last edited:

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sounds really good, how did you run power and ground to that amp? my wife was going to order it but i told her not to bc i didnt know how to wire it? it didnt have the normal car amp hookups im used to seeing

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sounds really good, how did you run power and ground to that amp? my wife was going to order it but i told her not to bc i didnt know how to wire it? it didnt have the normal car amp hookups im used to seeing
I know lol. After opening it, I couldn’t figure it out and got some help. I ended up bringing it to a guy out in needles when I was there. He figured it out for me and installed it for a good deal.

Can’t believe how hard it hits for an 8

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know lol. After opening it, I couldn’t figure it out and got some help. I ended up bringing it to a guy out in needles when I was there. He figured it out for me and installed it for a good deal.

Can’t believe how hard it hits for an 8
Ah nice I was considering throwing in an old amp and sub combo I have from my 4runner I sold even though it's not marine rated lol. Did you add a second battery?

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah nice I was considering throwing in an old amp and sub combo I have from my 4runner I sold even though it's not marine rated lol. Did you add a second battery?
No second battery yet and still need to add another amp. Going back in 2 weeks so will see how it drains with my setup.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No second battery yet and still need to add another amp. Going back in 2 weeks so will see how it drains with my setup.
Might be worth picking up a jump pack just as a backup

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im not sure why but sometimes we will stop and cut the engine to pull in a tube and then go to start it back up like 3-5 min later and it has trouble turning over. Ever experience that? no electrical mods for me yet so im not sure whats up

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might be worth picking up a jump pack just as a backup

[/QUOTEDe
definitely! That’s my luck to do something dumb like that

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
im not sure why but sometimes we will stop and cut the engine to pull in a tube and then go to start it back up like 3-5 min later and it has trouble turning over. Ever experience that? no electrical mods for me yet so im not sure whats up
@Remington yes, I have a 2018 AR190 and when I first got it, it did that some times which really thru me off as it was a brand new boat. This season only once. I purchased a jump pack because we are always at least 6 miles from land out in the Gulf of Mexico and for sure don't want to get stranded or have to call sea-tow. Right now my boat is a the dealership getting its 100 hour maintenance and I am having them add a second battery and upgrade the stereo.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
man super odd, i picked up a jump pack at homedepot so ill keep that charged up and with me. Luckily im only out on the lake instead of in the gulf that would get your heart pumping lol

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have only had it happen once. I took the starter clip off and on then waited awhile. I hate that starter clip so zip tied it.