• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Shorelander Hub Replacement

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 2020 shorelander aluminum trailer. I want to replace the hubs and do so with a more generic part than the hard to find shorelandr stuff. Any guides on this?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, 3.5k hubs should all fit on a 3.5k spindle. #84 spindle, as memory serves. You might run into hubs that take an uncommon bearing race, or seal, but the hub should fit just fine on any 3.5k axle/spindle. My MFI factory hubs use an uncommon race for the inner bearing, but everything else is standard. The one hub that has been replaced uses the standard inner race.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, 3.5k hubs should all fit on a 3.5k spindle. #84 spindle, as memory serves. You might run into hubs that take an uncommon bearing race, or seal, but the hub should fit just fine on any 3.5k axle/spindle. My MFI factory hubs use an uncommon race for the inner bearing, but everything else is standard. The one hub that has been replaced uses the standard inner race.
I had a hub kit left from my MFI Trailer that I would carry as an emergency kit if needed. Would this work on the shore lander trailer ? bearings seem to be the same size.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it’ll work, but if it’s a factory MFI hub, it’ll take a special inner bearing race. See my sig, I’ve got the part number you’re looking for listed there. Any 3.5k hub will *work* on any 3.5k axle, but there might be a difference in some of the bearings/races/seals, that’s all. Some spindles have a wear sleeve for the seal, others don’t. This can affect the seal dimensions. Might use a different race, possibly even bearing. But as long as you’ve got the right combination of parts, it should work. I’ve yet to see a truly proprietary 3.5k hub in 25 years of working on trailers. They **3.5k axles** should all have #84 spindles, which makes things very universal.

**edited for clarification**

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So it’s a hub with races bearings and dust seals all installed so that looks like it’s a good fit.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, should be good to go. I would dry fit the bearings and seal if they're shipped uninstalled, just to verify, but there's really no doubt in my mind it'll be perfect.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you look at @Floridaman79 trailer rebuild post? Might be what you are looking for there.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The hubs are the generic but requires an oddball seal because of the wear sleeve that shorelandr uses. I used a galvanized seachoice hub from amazon but ordered the shorelandr seal size from a different vendor. I dont have the part numbers handy but could pull them up on my spreadsheet if needed. Another trick on amazon is the "buy used". They arent actually used but have damaged packaging which is heavily discounted.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The hubs are the generic but requires an oddball seal because of the wear sleeve that shorelandr uses. I used a galvanized seachoice hub from amazon but ordered the shorelandr seal size from a different vendor. I dont have the part numbers handy but could pull them up on my spreadsheet if needed. Another trick on amazon is the "buy used". They arent actually used but have damaged packaging which is heavily discounted.
That would be great. The trailer sees salt water over 100 days a year so I want to go with stainless.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The hubs i went with are p/n 50-53101 and I got from amazon.
The grease seals are p/n 5422174 and I got from Eastern marine
So if I get the SS hubs I posted above and the grease seals above - I should be good?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your trailer has the seal shim/spacer on the spindle where the seal rides, right? If so, you need the special seals. If you don’t, then I would expect the original seal to be correct.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
What @dgfreeze says is correct. The seal I bought is only required if there is the stainless wear sleeves. Mine had one but not sure if yours does.

There is a link to a website from the shorelandr website for part lookup. It is midwestindustries.partsmartweb, just enter your trailer model and it should be easy enough to figure out if you have the wear sleeves

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The seal I bought is only required if there is the stainless wear sleeves. Mine had one but not sure if yours does.
would that be part #8 ?

Monday, August 28, 2023.jpg

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It is, and the eastern marine 5422174 cross references to the Shorelandr 4410130, so I think thats a slam dunk.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Does 8 slide into 9? or just butt up against it?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
8 (sleeve) slides onto the actual spindle. 9 (seal) slides over 8 to seal the grease inside the hub.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
8 (sleeve) slides onto the actual spindle. 9 (seal) slides over 8 to seal the grease inside the hub.
Where does 16 fit then? Backside of the hub?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. I can't see the whole parts list to verify, but that has to be the bearing, which gets dropped into the hub prior to the grease seal installation. Has to be installed prior to the seal, because the seal holds it in. And be sure to install it with the tapered side facing the hub (aka, the inner race).