• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195 fsh wear ring already?

Willpower753

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So I post on here before about issues with cavitation on the 195 FSH sport. I’ve been through several different options for this including resealing the entire pump and low pressure side. I bought the adjustable cone. Even return it to the dealer as it was under warranty. The dealer told me that my wear ring and impeller were worn and need to be replaced. So I ordered a new wear ring and impeller back in the parts shortage of summer 2021. Tried several different places who also they had them in stock only to find out they were back ordered, flash forward to 2022 and I now have three new wear rings and new impeller. Stupid me for not canceling orders. The boat still drives great for the most part, but has lost its whole shot due to cavitation, it only worsens with extra people on the boat. Well this isn’t a major issue for me it does prevent me from wake surfing. I know this isn’t a dedicated wake surfing boat but still should be able to make it happen with a great deal of extra accessories and preparation. We were able to do it last summer before the cavitation begin. So I’m about to go in and replace the wear ring and impeller, seal the low pressure side of the pump for the third time and reinstall the adjustable cone. Hopefully this fixes the issue but my main concern is the fact that the wear ring and impeller have failed with 100 hours on the boat. We mainly use the boat for fishing in salt water, sand barhopping, and water sports in freshwater and brackish rivers. So has anyone experienced a premature wear ring failure this early?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I post on here before about issues with cavitation on the 195 FSH sport. I’ve been through several different options for this including resealing the entire pump and low pressure side. I bought the adjustable cone. Even return it to the dealer as it was under warranty. The dealer told me that my wear ring and impeller were worn and need to be replaced. So I ordered a new wear ring and impeller back in the parts shortage of summer 2021. Tried several different places who also they had them in stock only to find out they were back ordered, flash forward to 2022 and I now have three new wear rings and new impeller. Stupid me for not canceling orders. The boat still drives great for the most part, but has lost its whole shot due to cavitation, it only worsens with extra people on the boat. Well this isn’t a major issue for me it does prevent me from wake surfing. I know this isn’t a dedicated wake surfing boat but still should be able to make it happen with a great deal of extra accessories and preparation. We were able to do it last summer before the cavitation begin. So I’m about to go in and replace the wear ring and impeller, seal the low pressure side of the pump for the third time and reinstall the adjustable cone. Hopefully this fixes the issue but my main concern is the fact that the wear ring and impeller have failed with 100 hours on the boat. We mainly use the boat for fishing in salt water, sand barhopping, and water sports in freshwater and brackish rivers. So has anyone experienced a premature wear ring failure this early?
Do you have a shop manual for your boat?

If so is should spec out what the clearance is between the wear ring and the impeller. When you reassemble the unit use a feeler gauge and check the gap of each impeller blade over its distance against the wear ring to make sure that gap is correct… on mine the minimum gap is .014”.

Willpower753

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I do not have a shop manual, that’s a very good point I should get one of those.

vramsaran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

I have the same cavitation issue. I have an appointment with dealer on Aug 1st to diagnose. I have roughly 105hrs on the boat. 2020 195 FSH sport.
I was online looking for parts and can't seem to locate an impeller housing unless aftermarket. How much is the dealer asking to repair/ replace the parts ?>
Thanks

Willpower8u

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure how much they would charge to do it, I know they gave me the invoice and I was gonna let them replace it under warranty but they told me it was a wear item was not under warranty. It was expensive enough that it didn't make sense to let them do it, and seemed certainly well within my range of ability. I want to say that I've paid somewhere around $400.00 for the impeller and $100 for the wear. Maybe 125 after shipping, if you decide that you need a wear ring I have two extra LOL.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is the part number for the wear ring?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So if your a salt water, sand bar hopper (we are the same) 9 times out of 10 your sucking sand up, and basically sand blasting your impeller and wear ring. A great way to stop this is if your in over 6' of water feel free to wide open throttle. If under 6' of water only use no wake mode, or idle. Even though we only draft 16-18" our impellers are a giant vacuum, and us salt water guys are screwed.
I recently replaced our wear ring and impeller with Solas @35hours on our boat. Fantastic set. I get on plane from idle in 3 seconds with a full load of people. So perhaps try them next time.

vramsaran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So if your a salt water, sand bar hopper (we are the same) 9 times out of 10 your sucking sand up, and basically sand blasting your impeller and wear ring. A great way to stop this is if your in over 6' of water feel free to wide open throttle. If under 6' of water only use no wake mode, or idle. Even though we only draft 16-18" our impellers are a giant vacuum, and us salt water guys are screwed.
I recently replaced our wear ring and impeller with Solas @35hours on our boat. Fantastic set. I get on plane from idle in 3 seconds with a full load of people. So perhaps try them next time.
Would you happen to know the part number for Solas impeller and wear ring housing ?>

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

vramsaran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm not sure how much they would charge to do it, I know they gave me the invoice and I was gonna let them replace it under warranty but they told me it was a wear item was not under warranty. It was expensive enough that it didn't make sense to let them do it, and seemed certainly well within my range of ability. I want to say that I've paid somewhere around $400.00 for the impeller and $100 for the wear. Maybe 125 after shipping, if you decide that you need a wear ring I have two extra LOL.
Are there instructions on how to replace wear ring in housing anywhere ? I am not taking my boat to dealer for them to charge 1K to replace parts I can do myself. Have you changed the ring, and was it difficult /> ? I dont see any write ups on the process on here.
Thanks again.