• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR210 Order/Deal

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely you will get a better deal. I run a car dealership and with supply being extremely low and demand being pretty high right now were getting more for everything...lots of new cars bringing sticker. Am I demanding sticker and turning away buyers that wont pay it....hell no. Am I pushing more for it than normal because of the supply issues, yes. Ive also been doing it long enough to know that fall/winter is coming PLUS were in an election year and sales decline every 4 years because of that. I take a guaranteed sale now over the hopes of one tomorrow plus I know inventory will be back in line again soon and we will be discounting heavily again. Deals will be made this fall....dealers saying order now or you wont have a boat for next season are simply using sales tactics that from what it seems are working to scare the hell out of people into paying thousands over retail.
My dealer dropped the prep and freight and the deposit is refundable if I make one.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s even more crazy is at the end of the year I see dealers offering $6k off and no prep fees. Might be a better idea to wait until the end of next year.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@KCAR250 There you go, beat them into submission a bit. :thumbsup:

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My dealer knocked off the freight and prep charge within 5 minutes of communication. Still working on deeper discounts but freight and prep was easy to get by
Typically when they say that they are just discounting the topline (msrp) unless its a smaller dealership, all of our paperwork has to be right we have a corporate to deal with lol. Not saying that's what they did just what we see from the bigger powersports dealerships.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Typically when they say that they are just discounting the topline (msrp) unless its a smaller dealership, all of our paperwork has to be right we have a corporate to deal with lol. Not saying that's what they did just what we see from the bigger powersports dealerships.
Doesnt matter to me where it comes from. All these people are being quoted MSRP plus Freight & Prep....Im simply letting them know what can be done. A discount is a discount....nobody should be paying thousands over MSRP for anything.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, if you want to know what invoice is go to seedealercost dot com and look up your boat. They don’t have 2021s year but the 2020 should be close. Keep in mind that there are some dealer cost that are added to that invoice number but not a lot

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesnt matter to me where it comes from. All these people are being quoted MSRP plus Freight & Prep....Im simply letting them know what can be done. A discount is a discount....nobody should be paying thousands over MSRP for anything.
Ya, I don’t really care how they come to that number as long as they come to that number. You can charge me $1 for a $61k boat and add $55k in fees and I’ll be happy.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my boat before Covid really hit and was unsure if I should even get a boat. Who would have thought so many people would rush out and get boats. I'm sure Yamaha would not have closed down their factories if they thought sales would do what they did. Back to current situation, no way would I put down non-refundable cash for a boat now. I would roll the dice and wait and see what happens next spring, I have a feeling the market will be really different then. There is always a boat to be found, albeit not always new.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Winnebagoland in WI will give you 3k off of sticker - and add back $2500 in dealer prep fees and throw in a cover. A deposit is required.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
To be clear $2500 in prep and destination...

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be clear $2500 in prep and destination...
Is that on any Yamaha boat? Not too bad...not great either but a lot better then most dealers. I’m might have to make a drive if they’ll do that deal on a 25ft

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
my 275 was msrp. no freight or prep. just tax and reg added

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Winnebagoland in WI will give you 3k off of sticker - and add back $2500 in dealer prep fees and throw in a cover. A deposit is required.
So basically $500 off MSRP without freight/prep charge....hmm I wonder is the 17 hr drive each way is worth it! Or if they offer delivery! LOL

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The drive might be worth it to those of us that live in high tax states. Here in CA you not only have the state sales tax but then each county adds their own on top of that and then incorporated cities add sales tax on top of that. For motorized vehicles you pay the tax for the area it will be registered. Where I live sales tax is currently 8.75% and other areas with in an hour drive are 9.25%.

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The drive might be worth it to those of us that live in high tax states. Here in CA you not only have the state sales tax but then each county adds their own on top of that and then incorporated cities add sales tax on top of that. For motorized vehicles you pay the tax for the area it will be registered. Where I live sales tax is currently 8.75% and other areas with in an hour drive are 9.25%.
WOW and I thought here in NY was bad, jesus!

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welp so much for that idea LOL Good Ole Yamaha, I see why they do it but damn for those of us willing to deal out of state its BS :(

**IF YOU RESIDE OUTSIDE THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING**

1.) SALES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO WI PER YAMAHA CORP'S SELLING RESTRICTIONS.

2.) WE DO NOT TAKE ANY OUT OF STATE TRADE INS.