• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha Owners Manual now online.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Good morning. For those of y'all looking for 2021 owner's manual, looks like they are finally online (without having to purchase hard copy through yamahapubs). My model is, I presume whatever model you are looking for is too. I think these have finally posted within the last month or so.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Any need to order a hard copy of the service manual?

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Any need to order a hard copy of the service manual?
I haven't ordered it yet, but probably will soon. If you are content with the cost and quality of your dealer/service department, then not really.

If you would like to have the ability to maintain some aspects of your boat, troubleshoot, and know all the inner workings, then it is a must have. Good example is the 10 hour service. It is spendy (albeit less since you have a single engine). The maintenance manual gives the step by step checklist with diagrams. I have seen a few good youtube videos on oil changes too that I recommend searching out. It is not nearly as easy as you would think based on car oil changes. Not difficult, but more involved. Need a pump to extract the oil (and shavings from the break in period.) Just throwing out a somewhat educated guess: My 10 hour service will be around $700. 80-90% of which will be labor.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Good morning. For those of y'all looking for 2021 owner's manual, looks like they are finally online (without having to purchase hard copy through yamahapubs). My model is, I presume whatever model you are looking for is too. I think these have finally posted within the last month or so.

I received the owners manual with my boat, but haven't been able to order the service manual. That's the one I really want, so I can do my own maintenance.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I received the owners manual with my boat, but haven't been able to order the service manual. That's the one I really want, so I can do my own maintenance.
I am hopefully the service manual is available for purchase soon as well. Having the owner's manual digitally is at least a start!

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
well 252 Model owners manual isnt available, but 255 series are so close enough.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see they still don't have your specific model available, but if you find a 2020 model that's similar (dunno if the S is close enough), it'll be perfect to deal with the engines. When I bought my boat, they didn't come out with the service manual until late 2019/early 2020, IIRC, and the one I was sent had the cover for the 2 years prior to mine - no update to the cover of the manual was done, and everything matched up with my model year in spite of the cover being a year behind.

I saw that they have a 2020 S, but the important part of the service manual for you is the engines - as long as you get the correct engine, that will be the most important part for you.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks, but I think the difference is in the electronics. My engines are fly-by-wire. But yes, most of it should be the same except the wiring schematics. Thank you..