• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yahama 195s....Deposit

Rvd9431

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to chime in, I'm in Wisconsin and put a deposit down on a 2022 model sx190 at a local Illinois dealer and was told I'm 4th in line, and that possibly could see inventory October 2021 if not then April 2022.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have never bought a new boat and am wondering what the amount would typically be for a deposit? Is it usually a flat rate or a percentage of the boat price? If it's a flat rate, would it be higher for say a 250 than a 190?

tarponfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Most dealer are only requiring $500, that is all I put up for a 2022 FSH 190 Deluxe.

Rvd9431

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most dealer are only requiring $500, that is all I put up for a 2022 FSH 190 Deluxe.
$1,000 here. Refundable up until they call me and say the boat is available and lock me in. Then it obviously goes towards purchase price

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My Dealer only required my ID and credit card info. They didn't take a deposit because theirs so many people in line and they didn't want to mess with the paper work. I was put on the list for a 252se on July 9th. I believe he said I was 4th on the list.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Two and our Husky/Malamute can feel cramped.

thapakaji

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's August 23 and still no call on my 2022 AR195 from River Valley Power sports and Marina. I had lowered my dealer expectation since I joined this thread ( Dealer was quoting for end July, Early August) but this message is to aid the confirmation of all good members on this community who kept me honest and set my expectations right.

Last edited:

nbreidel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Same here my friend I put down $4,500 in Feb and was told July. I was optimistic would be in August but I get very little communication from Rivery Valley any more. I email and nicely ask every week for an update, but hasn't changed in weeks. In early August was told they had two 195s come in that week, with loads coming every week. Well four weeks later and they haven't received another 195s yet. So will get it just in time for ice fishing.... awesome!

I get these times are weird, and give a lot of slack for it. I am sure no one intentionally mislead me and I am sure they are even more frustrated than I am. But what is hardest to deal with is what appears to be a complete lack customer service. I get can't control when or if the boat comes in. But you can do something to make communication better, post a board on your website of what has and is coming that you know of, let people see that progress as slow as it may be, is happening. And HONOR your word. I was told the boat would be no more than $45,000 after fees and taxes. If it was less they would adjust. Now being told it may be higher. You took my 10% deposit and have been sitting on it for 6 months, I honored my part I sure hope they do to. But getting no updates and being told sorry, it more than we promised can really damage your brand.... :( Makes it tough to want to deal with them in the future if can't trust their word.

Last edited:

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think River Valley is too busy for their own good try filling out an online service form I did this two weeks ago and no response. I'll never buy a boat from them again unfortunately there aren't any other options for Yammies in Minnesota

thapakaji

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here my friend I put down $4,500 in Feb and was told July. I was optimistic would be in August but I get very little communication from Rivery Valley any more. I email and nicely ask every week for an update, but hasn't changed in weeks. In early August was told they had two 195s come in that week, with loads coming every week. Well four weeks later and they haven't received another 195s yet. So will get it just in time for ice fishing.... awesome!

I get these times are weird, and give a lot of slack for it. I am sure no one intentionally mislead me and I am sure they are even more frustrated than I am. But what is hardest to deal with is what appears to be a complete lack customer service. I get can't control when or if the boat comes in. But you can do something to make communication better, post a board on your website of what has and is coming that you know of, let people see that progress as slow as it may be, is happening. And HONOR your word. I was told the boat would be no more than $45,000 after fees and taxes. If it was less they would adjust. Now being told it may be higher. You took my 10% deposit and have been sitting on it for 6 months, I honored my part I sure hope they do to. But getting no updates and being told sorry, it more than we promised can really damage your brand.... :( Makes it tough to want to deal with them in the future if can't trust their word.
Absolutely agreed

thapakaji

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think River Valley is too busy for their own good try filling out an online service form I did this two weeks ago and no response. I'll never buy a boat from them again unfortunately there aren't any other options for Yammies in Minnesota
I really hope someone from Yamaha and River Valley are lurking through this site.. somewhere. Remember, how you are treating us now...it will follow the other way around...I don't mean to teach you how to run your business but talking from basic sense.