• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 Yahama 195s....Deposit

NEXT month? Delivery of a 2022 AR195 in July 2021 when there are folks with confirmed 19ft 2021 orders still waiting mid-June? This is nuts or you were told wrong by a sales starved dealership.

Nuts is correct. River valley is far from starving in our region. But they are jumping on the pre-order bandwagon a bit earlier than last year. Most of us long timers know that the dealer show is not until august, and anything "leaked" before then is just that.

Last year was the first year that anything was officially pre-released before the dealer show allowing dealers to pre-order the '21 boats. I could see official colors and ability to order early possible, but early delivery, no way. I am assuming they are re-tooling the line as we speak for '22's. But all that means with this many pre-orders on un-announced boats is that Yamaha may be releasing nothing more that BNG for 2022.

So much for a revamped 212 in a 215 boat with twin SVHO's. Not to start a 2022 thread, but a smokin' speed demon like a 215x/215ss is what yamaha needs!

Glad to hear you had a good experience at the Red Wing location. I had a horrible experience with that location and went to the Tonka location. Salesperson just didn’t seem interested in making a sale which is odd since I bought two waverunners the year before so clearly I wasn’t window shopping.

I'm not going to defend these guys at all, as I have never done anything more than look in their showrooms. But from a salesman's point of view, how frustrating has it got to be, to be an authorized dealer for a very hot commodity, that they can get no inventory of, have no idea when they may get inventory, and no idea what the next model year info will be, or when it will be made available to them. That would suck on a commissioned sales job. It's like selling futures, with less information than the guys with grain bins full of corn. At least they know it's yellow!

I feel for the salesmen, dealers and buyers especially. They are all selling and buying vaporware. Here is my $10,000 deposit on a dream of going boating in 13 months in a boat of some color, with a warm interior and of some fictitious price not to be lower than $xx,xxx

Can you really question why the salesman is not excited about talking about a commission he might see in 13 months?

What is even funnier is the folks that think this is specific to Yamaha. The GM truck forums I am in, the Polaris SXS forums, the Snowmobile forums are all full of folks wondering what is wrong. Not realizing, it is not specific to any one MFG. Heck folks have waiting almost as long on new Polaris SXS as well. I giggle every time one posts that he put down his deposit, and is wondering if the dealer lied when he said it would be ready to pick up in three months. And then the whole forum shares the common response of, you will get it in time to enjoy it next fall.

Last edited:
Well said Biffdotorg. Seeing the same thing in the Tundra forums and fishing forums as well. The only boats I am seeing on lots are either brand new fishing boats without electronics and trolling motors and the occasional pontoon. Salesman told me he could sell his last 3 fishing boats over 30 times by now but cannot get electronics or trolling motors so guys walk. Polaris dealer says 4-6 months on a Ranger or General or RZR and you don't get to pick a color. Can Am dealer claims 4-5 months.

This has to be a nightmare for salesmen working on commission. I always understood they don't see that commission check until that boat/UTV/motorcycle, etc... is in your garage.

Something has to break here. We have guys/gals waiting on 2021 boats and the 22's are pre-ordering. If I had dropped $10K on a 21 and I get it in the winter when its of no use to me, I would be livid knowing the 22's might (might is a huge word these days) show up a month later for other buyers.

Wonder if anyone has both shipping and dealer prep broken out separately. Could be important details.

They did give me those verbally as separate totals, but didn't write them down. But the for the 195s the quoted $45k was with delivery and prep but not including tax. If I am recalling correctly I believe they said it was $600 for delivery to Rochester, MN. They said I believe they can get 3 boats on one load and was 1800/3 and for example a 27ft they can only put one boat on and was 1800 for delivery and the 21 and 25 they could put two for 900 each. If that isn't correct numbers is pretty close. I think prep was like $500. Again this was all back in February but believe they figured about a 7% increase in price, $500 prep and $600 delivery was about $45k

That's actually a pretty fair breakdown. I thought those numbers were just fabricated to what the market will bear. Obviously, they put a bit of thought into theirs. I have seen dealer deliver and prep charges all over the board, so you know some dealers are just pushing whatever the customer will pay.

I got on the list in February and was 4th in line at my dealership for a 2022 then.
I placed a deposit on a 2021 195S on February 10th with an agreed upon price. Dealer made no indication that there would be issues receiving the boat by late May/early June, but explained that Yamaha doesn't commit. Information has been very hard to obtain regarding boat delivery. About a month ago I received "the call" that my order was pushed to the 2022 model year and that the only change will be "bold new graphics" and that the boat would be produced in July.

So far, no indication as to what the "bold new graphics" will look like. Think out of the box "Yamaha Marketing" and communicate to customers with deposits what the bold new graphics will look like using a rendering.

More recently, the dealer indicated I won't see the boat until August.

Called the Yamaha boat factory today and asked if I could get a tour of the facility and see my boat being produced. I seriously would have flown to Tennessee to see it. As expected, the Operator said they don't give tours and was tight lipped except to direct me to customer service. I asked the Operator if they're shipping anything and he claimed boats are shipping everyday.

Called Yamaha customer service. The customer service representative had absolutely no clue what was going on. Said they wouldn't start producing 2022 boats until October which is counter to what the dealer has been telling me. She made up all sorts of excuses for not having answers, although she was aware that there were significant problems. Said she has no way of "looking up" when shipments will occur.

I suggested she bring this up to management, "think outside of their normal box" and that they come up with ideas for communicating order status to customers that put down deposits months ago. If the news is bad or if the situation changes, so be it. If I had known this situatio,n I wouldn't have ordered a cover from an online dealer, bought an anchor, fenders and other accessories.

Yamaha needs to at least make an attempt to communicate to dealers/customers what their plan is for production of outstanding orders. Even if it's what they plan to build for the next four weeks. If my boat won't arrive until October, then I'll plan something else in August. Yes, I'm fully aware of all of the manufacturing and supply chain issues related to the pandemic.

Same here; put down 10% for 2022 ar195 @ River Valley Power & Sports Red Wing; counting days to hear from the dealer, which they said is sometime in July (next month) ?
Based on my experience and what I've read on various sites, I highly doubt your boat will arrive before ice starts to form on the Mississippi.

I placed a deposit on a 2021 195S on February 10th with an agreed upon price. Dealer made no indication that there would be issues receiving the boat by late May/early June, but explained that Yamaha doesn't commit. Information has been very hard to obtain regarding boat delivery. About a month ago I received "the call" that my order was pushed to the 2022 model year and that the only change will be "bold new graphics" and that the boat would be produced in July.

So far, no indication as to what the "bold new graphics" will look like. Think out of the box "Yamaha Marketing" and communicate to customers with deposits what the bold new graphics will look like using a rendering.

More recently, the dealer indicated I won't see the boat until August.

Called the Yamaha boat factory today and asked if I could get a tour of the facility and see my boat being produced. I seriously would have flown to Tennessee to see it. As expected, the Operator said they don't give tours and was tight lipped except to direct me to customer service. I asked the Operator if they're shipping anything and he claimed boats are shipping everyday.

Called Yamaha customer service. The customer service representative had absolutely no clue what was going on. Said they wouldn't start producing 2022 boats until October which is counter to what the dealer has been telling me. She made up all sorts of excuses for not having answers, although she was aware that there were significant problems. Said she has no way of "looking up" when shipments will occur.

I suggested she bring this up to management, "think outside of their normal box" and that they come up with ideas for communicating order status to customers that put down deposits months ago. If the news is bad or if the situation changes, so be it. If I had known this situatio,n I wouldn't have ordered a cover from an online dealer, bought an anchor, fenders and other accessories.

Yamaha needs to at least make an attempt to communicate to dealers/customers what their plan is for production of outstanding orders. Even if it's what they plan to build for the next four weeks. If my boat won't arrive until October, then I'll plan something else in August. Yes, I'm fully aware of all of the manufacturing and supply chain issues related to the pandemic.
Very similar story- put deposit on 2021 sx 195 in mid February. Originally told would receive by late may/ early June . Last told by dealer its probably going to be late July but he still hasn't received a shipment confirmation date from the dealer.

One thing to keep in mind, both of the main gel coat and foam manufacturers for multiple boat companies including Yamaha had their factories froze in Texas this winter with the power outages. This has added to the delays. Recently heard that Yamaha had cut the remainder of their 2021s and most 22s are presold and dealers are already taking preorders on 23 190/195s. Crazy times for sure!

You got a better chance of being struck by lighting and ran over by a dump trunk in the same day, then getting a 2022 in July ?
did you see the picture with the Yamaha lot filled with 2021 yamaha boats waiting for parts good luck and mine is one of them..
They are so backed up trying to fill orders for 2021, can't see how they can complete orders for 2022

Ha... Here is what the salesperson is telling me today
"They are having there dealer meeting in the middle of August, we are suppose to get much more info at that time."

Glad I am active on this thread and thanks to realistic posts by you all. Else, I would be heart broken now ?

I just got message from River Valley sales rep saying..... (kept grammatical mistakes as the were sent to me, don't need point them out)

Everything is crazy right now... We have not heard of colors yet, they are still trying to complete our 2021's, We have pre-sold 137 Jet boats and so has the whole country. Yamaha is sold out of all 19ft Models for next year and we have taken 2 orders for 2023's coming way over a year out. Yamaha is so backed up right now that things seem to change daily. We are on conference calls with them a couple of times a week trying to to get answers and they just don't have any due to parts shortages. You ordered early enough that you should be in the first batches (2022) produced, just don't have an answer as to when yet. I will keep you updates as we know things.

I just got message from River Valley sales rep saying..... (kept grammatical mistakes as the were sent to me, don't need point them out)

Everything is crazy right now... We have not heard of colors yet, they are still trying to complete our 2021's, We have pre-sold 137 Jet boats and so has the whole country. Yamaha is sold out of all 19ft Models for next year and we have taken 2 orders for 2023's coming way over a year out. Yamaha is so backed up right now that things seem to change daily. We are on conference calls with them a couple of times a week trying to to get answers and they just don't have any due to parts shortages. You ordered early enough that you should be in the first batches (2022) produced, just don't have an answer as to when yet. I will keep you updates as we know things.

So it doesn't sound to me that any 2022's will be arriving any time soon. :( But can't say I am surprised, time to look at the used inventory.

Hmmmm….based on the above I’m liking the value of my pre-covid built, pristine, 2020 AR190 w/fins, professionally installed VHF and SIMRAD, Yamaha premium cover, galvanized trailer with spare right about now. ?

Last edited:
Yeah. Dealers who were indicating 2022's would be in by late July and Early August were full of it. I don't believe that was ever the case. At the very least, this dealer seems to be keeping in real, although disappointing. Still at least you have an idea.

Hmmmm….based on the above I’m liking the value of my pre-covid built, pristine, AR190 w/fins, professionally installed VHF and SIMRAD, Yamaha premium cover, galvanized trailer with spare right about now. ?

I hear ya. I want a 25 FSH. Maybe the plan is just keep my boat for the next 3-4 years and when the kids finally graduate High School, I can let the Admiral know I am buying an 2025 FSH and we are moving to Florida all in the same conversation. That way I only take the ass chewing once :) Perhaps they will still be under 100k?????

Hmmmm….based on the above I’m liking the value of my pre-covid built, pristine, AR190 w/fins, professionally installed VHF and SIMRAD, Yamaha premium cover, galvanized trailer with spare right about now. ?
I am there with you, so glad I have a boat right now. But my current fear is something will break and know replacement part available.

I believe my AR195 will be for sale at the end of August.

I am there with you, so glad I have a boat right now. But my current fear is something will break and know replacement part available.
We had a similar situation with our 19 getting warranty parts last summer. Front speaker was bad and ordered it in June, didn't come in till October! By that time I missed my window of getting into storage near us so had to drive an hour and a half to store for the winter. Crazy times!

I bought a decent, used Sea Ray, but I am gonna keep my deposit on the 195S. Maybe I'll win the lottery early on!

Back