• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

tgokaydin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apparently, there is a huge demand for Supercharged engines in Nevada, Utah and Arizona. The reason, California does not allow the sale of supercharged Yamaha engines. California buyers flooded the dealers in other states!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surprised by the lack of chatter on the 2022 line up.
Figured there would be a flood of interest on it.
The 2022 line up is pretty much what i expected, not much change.
I gotta say that the ar250 lacks a lot of frills and finnish for 66k. And then the jump to the 242s is 81k
Man I love my boat more and more every day. And its just about paid off
I hear you. Do I get in line for a 252/255 FSH now with my dealer and see what happens??? Which is probably out of my price range. Do I wait to see if there are used ones hitting the market next spring? Or do I just stand pat on my boat for the next year and see what happens next August. My boat is rigged to do fishing and watersports, so really I am not missing out and I have a good chunk of it paid off already. The 25' footer would definitely handle the big water better. The Admiral thinks I have issues and may need a different hobby!:rolleyes:

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Which is strange as some dealers already have 2022 on hand.

Technically the increase is only $7600.
true i cant count the discount off msrp i got ordering way back at the yammy event at our dealer. Thats where i got my 10k roughly. I was about 90 or 91k with trailer

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear you. Do I get in line for a 252/255 FSH now with my dealer and see what happens??? Which is probably out of my price range. Do I wait to see if there are used ones hitting the market next spring? Or do I just stand pat on my boat for the next year and see what happens next August. My boat is rigged to do fishing and watersports, so really I am not missing out and I have a good chunk of it paid off already. The 25' footer would definitely handle the big water better. The Admiral thinks I have issues and may need a different hobby!:rolleyes:
I can't see selling my boat(i know for a premium) and spending another 40 to 50k to get 6 more inches, i would have to have my head examined.
My boat still looks new and in my opinion has a better swim platform, and overall sportier look in the stern than the newer boats. I like the wraparound cushions, on the platform and in cockpit, dont like the squared off look

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No changes on boats except for color, decals and prices.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I can't see selling my boat(i know for a premium) and spending another 40 to 50k to get 6 more inches, i would have to have my head examined.
My boat still looks new and in my opinion has a better swim platform, and overall sportier look in the stern than the newer boats. I like the wraparound cushions, on the platform and in cockpit, dont like the squared off look
Could make a joke about what people on here would pay for 6 more inches, but I'll leave that one alone🤣

AVMogul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fresh off our NDA, here are some pictures of our black 2022 195s. Interior and exterior colors are mixed and matched similar to a 2021, but the scheme is different, and we actually prefer the 2022 vs. our original 2021 order. The one noticeable difference is the black panel to the right of the helm containing the remote control lever wherein there is a nice cubby and an additional cup holder. Dealer did say that Yamaha did an extensive rework of the electronics/firmware including how the helm display integrates with the engine controls and improved engine control firmware, but I have nothing there to compare. Price-wise we received exactly what the website states, but Yamaha did give a $1000 credit to us due our 2021 boat being cancelled. Happy to share more pics if requested.

View attachment 160739
View attachment 160740
View attachment 160741
View attachment 160742
View attachment 160743
Yup my 2021 AR190 got cancelled as well and push into a 2022 and my dealer also stated that Yamaha extended a $1000 credit as well because my order was cancelled for 2021.

Chris W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Any word on the FSH coming with DRIVE?
If you download the 2022 brochure it lists features of each boat. I believe I saw drive listed on the FSH Sport e but don't quote me on that.

Otnelico

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you download the 2022 brochure it lists features of each boat. I believe I saw drive listed on the FSH Sport e but don't quote me on that.
Thanks Chris, good advice.
I did look at the brochure subsequent to my post and you are right it clearly does not show the 210 FSH having DRIVE.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m wondering if dealers are indicating if they’ll be sold out by spring or if they’ll still get boats in after spring. Are they still charging a lot in freight and prep?

Otnelico

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Roughly $3000 freight and prep at our dealer. No clue how many boats they will get before next year.

Otnelico

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yup my 2021 AR190 got cancelled as well and push into a 2022 and my dealer also stated that Yamaha extended a $1000 credit as well because my order was cancelled for 2021.
Digging the blue line.

tourmanager12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Surprised by the lack of chatter on the 2022 line up.
Figured there would be a flood of interest on it.
The 2022 line up is pretty much what i expected, not much change.
I gotta say that the ar250 lacks a lot of frills and finnish for 66k. And then the jump to the 242s is 81k
Man I love my boat more and more every day. And its just about paid off
Probably because people are underwhelmed with yesterday's releases. Pretty much the same product line, minimal changes, with a significant price jump. I'd call that disappointing.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Probably because people are underwhelmed with yesterday's releases. Pretty much the same product line, minimal changes, with a significant price jump. I'd call that disappointing.
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. There's not a whole lot to chatter about when it's the exact same boat lineup with different colors. Last year, by comparison, there was much more to talk about.

tarponfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Agree on the lack of chatter. With used prices dropping fast I'm looking at buying used now and getting my deposit back. Since there hasn't been much change since 2019 why but new for 10k + more.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m wondering if dealers are indicating if they’ll be sold out by spring or if they’ll still get boats in after spring. Are they still charging a lot in freight and prep?
What I heard from my dealer, again it is his predication, is that with all the pre orders and appetite to buy a boat and all the unfulfilled orders for 2021, that they will come up short this year again and it will be the same situation as last year or possibly worse, since there is unprecedented demand and it has multiplied. He doesn't anticipate filling more than possibly 50% of his orders and really getting nothing into inventory to outright sell to walkins unless something shows up unexpectedly. This is a dealer who typically does 350 or so Yamaha's per year. He mentioned the demand is crazy with people wanting to put in orders right now. Also he mentioned that there are no deals that he forsee's anytime in the future, since I asked till most likely everything cools off.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. There's not a whole lot to chatter about when it's the exact same boat lineup with different colors. Last year, by comparison, there was much more to talk about.
Agreed. The 25' footer was cool and a lot of discussions where flying around on it.