- Reaction score
- Taylor Lake, TX
- Boat Make
- Boat Model
- Boat Length
We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!
Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)
Not sure if you noticed, but Jetboatpilot just posted that he has gotten his hands on some mooring covers.
These things are in short supply lately, so if you seek one, you might want to check out this post!
You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>
Thank you for the details. To clarify, I would only buy in NC as it is not worth the drive to MI for a month of boating season. AR210 with tower is my first choice. My NC dealer has been very helpful from the beginning so I have no complains so far. However, I was mentioning about MI dealer because MI dealer already received the boat, while my dealer in NC was about to place the order. I only provided the Fright and Prep for MI as a reference but I understand it will be different with each dealer. Thank you.May I ask who your dealer is in NC? It is strange that they stated they were just placing orders now, because as you said, orders should have already been placed for the year. If I were you, I'd ask them to clarify what they meant by that.
A few thoughts regarding the SX210 at Wonderland...
1) Do you really want an SX210 or would you prefer to have the AR210 with the tower. If you want an AR210, I wouldn't settle for something different (at least not this early in the model year when there's a high likelihood you'll get what you want).
2) Are you concerned with the estimated arrival date your NC dealer gave you? While the SX210 may be available now, there's not much boating season left in NC anyway (depending on where you are in the state, of course, and how tolerant you are to be out boating in cold weather). I live in the Raleigh area and we'll probably be done for the season by mid-October (and by the last trip or two my kids will be complaining!).
3) I assume the $1400 for freight and prep is less than your dealer quoted, but is it so much less that you save serious money by driving all the way to Michigan and back? I know my NC dealer (Chatlee) charges like $2100 or $2200 freight and prep. Saving $700-$800 wouldn't be enough to make me drive to Michigan and back for a boat.
4) Lastly, remember there is value in having a relationship with your local dealer. If you cancel you order with the NC dealer and buy a boat from somewhere else, then show up at their shop with a warranty issue or something you are less likely to get any kind of preferential treatment at all.
If you have serious concerns that your dealer won't be able to deliver your boat as promised, then I agree it makes sense to consider alternatives. But if they just said something that sounds strange to you, or they happen to be a few hundred bucks more expensive than some other dealer halfway across the country, I'd stick with the order at the local dealer if I were you. Either way, good luck and hopefully it all works out well.
I believe Yamaha produces their boats in batches and the first batch of 255XD's has already been produced because I've seen one on our lake and I've seen pictures on this forum and on FB of others being delivered. Since your dealer didn't get one in the first batch, hopefully they'll get one in the next batch but nobody knows when that will be (at least nobody outside Yamaha knows, because they don't formally share the production schedule). Hopefully it comes soon for you!Has anyone receive a 255xd yet? I put a deposit down first week of august but dealer says it can be anytime now til may next year. Any information would greatly be appreciated!
Take it when you can!Hi All, is it too late to take the delivery of the 21ft jetboat in beginning of October as it is already getting cold outside now and may get even colder next month? We were initially informed that the boat will come early next year, but looks like the boat is getting ready sooner. Thank you.
"A bird in hand is better than two in the bush" applies here. Last year a lot of allocations were cut and people didn't get their boat.Hi All, is it too late to take the delivery of the 21ft jetboat in beginning of October as it is already getting cold outside now and may get even colder next month? We were initially informed that the boat will come early next year, but looks like the boat is getting ready sooner. Thank you.
We put a deposit on a 212SE back in May, still no word. What state are you from?Two weeks ago I put a deposit on a 2022 white 212s and was told to expect it next year. I just got a call today that Yamaha is preparing to ship it and it could be here in a couple weeks. I would have been fine with getting it in the spring but I guess its better to take it while you can cause who knows what the future holds.