• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone on this thread looking to purchase a 2020 FSH 210?

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May I ask who your dealer is in NC? It is strange that they stated they were just placing orders now, because as you said, orders should have already been placed for the year. If I were you, I'd ask them to clarify what they meant by that.

A few thoughts regarding the SX210 at Wonderland...
1) Do you really want an SX210 or would you prefer to have the AR210 with the tower. If you want an AR210, I wouldn't settle for something different (at least not this early in the model year when there's a high likelihood you'll get what you want).
2) Are you concerned with the estimated arrival date your NC dealer gave you? While the SX210 may be available now, there's not much boating season left in NC anyway (depending on where you are in the state, of course, and how tolerant you are to be out boating in cold weather). I live in the Raleigh area and we'll probably be done for the season by mid-October (and by the last trip or two my kids will be complaining!).
3) I assume the $1400 for freight and prep is less than your dealer quoted, but is it so much less that you save serious money by driving all the way to Michigan and back? I know my NC dealer (Chatlee) charges like $2100 or $2200 freight and prep. Saving $700-$800 wouldn't be enough to make me drive to Michigan and back for a boat.
4) Lastly, remember there is value in having a relationship with your local dealer. If you cancel you order with the NC dealer and buy a boat from somewhere else, then show up at their shop with a warranty issue or something you are less likely to get any kind of preferential treatment at all.

If you have serious concerns that your dealer won't be able to deliver your boat as promised, then I agree it makes sense to consider alternatives. But if they just said something that sounds strange to you, or they happen to be a few hundred bucks more expensive than some other dealer halfway across the country, I'd stick with the order at the local dealer if I were you. Either way, good luck and hopefully it all works out well.
Thank you for the details. To clarify, I would only buy in NC as it is not worth the drive to MI for a month of boating season. AR210 with tower is my first choice. My NC dealer has been very helpful from the beginning so I have no complains so far. However, I was mentioning about MI dealer because MI dealer already received the boat, while my dealer in NC was about to place the order. I only provided the Fright and Prep for MI as a reference but I understand it will be different with each dealer. Thank you.

255xdcapiton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Has anyone receive a 255xd yet? I put a deposit down first week of august but dealer says it can be anytime now til may next year. Any information would greatly be appreciated!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Has anyone receive a 255xd yet? I put a deposit down first week of august but dealer says it can be anytime now til may next year. Any information would greatly be appreciated!
I believe Yamaha produces their boats in batches and the first batch of 255XD's has already been produced because I've seen one on our lake and I've seen pictures on this forum and on FB of others being delivered. Since your dealer didn't get one in the first batch, hopefully they'll get one in the next batch but nobody knows when that will be (at least nobody outside Yamaha knows, because they don't formally share the production schedule). Hopefully it comes soon for you!

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone received their 2022 - 210 FSH Sport?

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, is it too late to take the delivery of the 21ft jetboat in beginning of October as it is already getting cold outside now and may get even colder next month? We were initially informed that the boat will come early next year, but looks like the boat is getting ready sooner. Thank you.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, is it too late to take the delivery of the 21ft jetboat in beginning of October as it is already getting cold outside now and may get even colder next month? We were initially informed that the boat will come early next year, but looks like the boat is getting ready sooner. Thank you.
Take it when you can!

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"A bird in hand is better than two in the bush" applies here. Last year a lot of allocations were cut and people didn't get their boat.

jahill151

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I had the same problem. There is some adjustment on lowering the wake tower but it’s way up in the gunnels and it’s a bear to get too. The one on the starboard side I think you could remove the cup holder panel to get access but on the Port side I had my 9yr old daughter crawl into the battery compartment but she was unable to get the nuts loose. I ended up getting a trailer dolly to push the trailer in by hand. By just lowering the bow a little more I was able to get enough clearance

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Two weeks ago I put a deposit on a 2022 white 212s and was told to expect it next year. I just got a call today that Yamaha is preparing to ship it and it could be here in a couple weeks. I would have been fine with getting it in the spring but I guess its better to take it while you can cause who knows what the future holds.

LindaDLS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Two weeks ago I put a deposit on a 2022 white 212s and was told to expect it next year. I just got a call today that Yamaha is preparing to ship it and it could be here in a couple weeks. I would have been fine with getting it in the spring but I guess its better to take it while you can cause who knows what the future holds.
We put a deposit on a 212SE back in May, still no word. What state are you from?

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My 2022 - 210 FSH Deluxe I ordered just arrived at Chatlee Boats
I got the Deluxe instead of the Sport cause I have canopied boat lift which I’m letting my neighbor use for now.
His boat is a 218 DLV Carolina Skiff and it barely fits under the canopy with its T-top, so I figured with the Bimini Top I would have more room.

Attachments

Chris W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well the boat I ordered arrived at the yamaha dealer today. I guess it was ordered with an upgraded shorelander trailer. I wish I had known that was possible for the 27s. I ordered a McClain trailer which is a company in Texas which the Yamaha dealer uses as well. Down side is I have to wait to get boat until December when my trailer will be completed. So that's a bummer. Anyway at least we are one step closer. The salesman did find a gelcoat issue especially since I told him he better look bc I want all that noted and fixed under warranty since we got time. Anyway here is the pics he sent.

Attachments