• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 222 FSH Sport E Marine Mat

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok I’m trying to get a definitive answer here and my local dealer isn’t sure. Does the Sport E come with the Marine Mat or is it an add on?

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new Sport E came with Marine Mat everywhere except the rear swim platforms. And we are adding it back there.
cheers
Randy

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just put a deposit on one and it came with it so I’m guessing it’s standard.

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
To echo @AlpharettaRK full interior mats. None on the transom. Just picked mine up over the weekend and love it…..well except for a few things but nothing that can’t be fixed with add on’s.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To echo @AlpharettaRK full interior mats. None on the transom. Just picked mine up over the weekend and love it…..well except for a few things but nothing that can’t be fixed with add on’s.
Just got mine home and have yet to put it in the water. What things are you wanting to fix?

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s odd concept to me. We hauled ours directly from the dealer to the pond and put it in the water.
Things to fix? Dealer is disorganized. I mean I wasn’t expecting Porsche dealer service even tho the the boat has that sort of sticker but I wasn’t impressed.
gas is $6/gal at the lake.
Just had 10 hour service and I guess I can’t blame the boat for those 2 things
The biggest thing is without motor trim it’s hard to keep the bow up in choppy wake churned water. I end up slowing down to 20ish mph and that seems to work.
Everything on the boat works. That alone is pretty impressive.
the documented port list due to the batteries is a minor ding
I wish I could reach the wheel while sitting on the leaning post. Really only occurs to me in extended no wake zones.
The Simrad is great but somehow not intuitive for somebody that hasn’t had such a thing before
I wish all the switches lit up when you put Nav lights on
The rod holders don’t accommodate pistol grip baitcasters

Overall tho I love my boat
Cheers
Randy
IMG_3861.jpegIMG_3865.jpeg

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just got mine home and have yet to put it in the water. What things are you wanting to fix?
Nice! Congrats!! I’m definitely putting on cobra jets or thrust vectors to help the boat track better at speed. Not sure which yet. I’m sure trim tabs would help the ride but I’m going to see if I can live without them. Marine Mat on the swim platform, another Simrad screen, and a Simrad vhf radio. Love the boat though. Feels bigger than a 22’ and it’s got plenty of go. I’ve hit 47 mph to date. It’s a 50 mph boat on the right day. It’s a really dry ride so far. Got caught in an afternoon thunderstorm the other day and it handle the white caps no problem. Really built some confidence that day in her.

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@AlpharettaRK mine is the opposite. I feel like the bow wants to bounce aka porpoise. I’ve found if you fill the live well it balances the port list perfectly

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@AlpharettaRK i second the switches not lighting up. Super annoying. I’ve memorized the map light so I can turn that on to flip switches I can’t remember 🤦🏻‍♂️.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@ClemsonTigers I agree sometimes the lack of trim leads to Porpoising or I need to get acclimated to the boat. I have thrust vectors and I’m not really sure I need them but I’m sure they don’t hurt.

oh and GO JACKETS! 😁

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@AlpharettaRK im all for the ramblin wreck until we play haha! Go Tigers!

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@ClemsonTigers, I have to fill up my livewell as well to balance the boat.
Dealer was lazy and put two trolling motor batteries and charger under the port side bowrider seat, so with troller motor + 4 batteries on port side probably adds 200+lbs...... filling up the livewell perfectly balanced out the boat.
You can even tell it on my profile picture that the whole boat is leaning on port side ^^;

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@ClemsonTigers, I have to fill up my livewell as well to balance the boat.
Dealer was lazy and put two trolling motor batteries and charger under the port side bowrider seat, so with troller motor + 4 batteries on port side probably adds 200+lbs...... filling up the livewell perfectly balanced out the boat.
You can even tell it on my profile picture that the whole boat is leaning on port side ^^;

Why would the dealer put the trolling motor batteries be under the port bow seat???!! That’s what the shelf is for in the head compartment.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why would the dealer put the trolling motor batteries be under the port bow seat???!! That’s what the shelf is for in the head compartment.
Lazy and poor service.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lazy and poor service.
Easy for me to say, but I’d make them move those batteries to where they should be to not only centralize the weight but gain the transient storage space back top side.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Easy for me to say, but I’d make them move those batteries to where they should be to not only centralize the weight but gain the transient storage space back top side.
I would as well. But they should have known better. The problem probably is that since it takes more time to fish wires and wiring and such that it would cost them extra labor hours and possibly reduce their profit. Who knows....

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would as well. But they should have known better. The problem probably is that since it takes more time to fish wires and wiring and such that it would cost them extra labor hours and possibly reduce their profit. Who knows....
Yeah.... I am going to give them a call....
I also realized today while I put the Yamaha mooring cover...they did not flush the troller motor mount... :mad: I mean how hard is it? the mount came with the boat has a trim to flush against the boat...... so now my cover, which has a trolling mount slot, does not really fit because its pulling from the mount :(

These dealers.... They sell Yamaha, but don't know a thing about Yamaha boats in service!
I am considering taking my 10 hrs somewhere else other than this dealer or do it myself, but get them to fix the battery and the trolling mount.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The funny thing is, today at the boat show I was looking at the 2024 FSH and a guy started chatting with me about his 2022 FSH and that the steering cable snapped. He was frustrated and didn't want to pay a dealer, so I walked him through it. It snapped at 14 months and he didn't purchase the extended warranty I guess. He wanted to pay me to come do it and then another woman overheard us and wanted to know if I could work on her boat................. Funny stuff. If I had a big enough garage or pole barn I would start making some side money doing what I enjoy doing...... But not where I live.

JPboat012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The funny thing is, today at the boat show I was looking at the 2024 FSH and a guy started chatting with me about his 2022 FSH and that the steering cable snapped. He was frustrated and didn't want to pay a dealer, so I walked him through it. It snapped at 14 months and he didn't purchase the extended warranty I guess. He wanted to pay me to come do it and then another woman overheard us and wanted to know if I could work on her boat................. Funny stuff. If I had a big enough garage or pole barn I would start making some side money doing what I enjoy doing...... But not where I live.
Isn't there a steering cable recall from April on certain 22/23 models? If his boat is on that list of recall, he shouldn't have to pay to get it fixed.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
T
Isn't there a steering cable recall from April on certain 22/23 models? If his boat is on that list of recall, he shouldn't have to pay to get it fixed.
There was, but you would have to check the HIN number and see if it was one of the affected.