• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR 220

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I've not seen the AR 220 in person, though my nearest dealer notified me today that they'll have our reserved sapphire blue one arriving next week. It's killing me that Boattest hasn't done a review yet. I would appreciate it if anyone who has received one or even just walked on one at a boat show or dealer would post their review. It looks like a terrific layout from the pictures and Youtube walkthroughs. Does anyone have concerns about the model? Moving up to the 22' models with 1.8L engines isn't an option, as a new AR 220 is already stretching our boat budget.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've not seen the AR 220 in person, though my nearest dealer notified me today that they'll have our reserved sapphire blue one arriving next week. It's killing me that Boattest hasn't done a review yet. I would appreciate it if anyone who has received one or even just walked on one at a boat show or dealer would post their review. It looks like a terrific layout from the pictures and Youtube walkthroughs. Does anyone have concerns about the model? Moving up to the 22' models with 1.8L engines isn't an option, as a new AR 220 is already stretching our boat budget.
+1

I‘m interested in getting a SX220 or AR220, and have been disappointed that no review videos have been done. :(

I think Yamaha knocked it out of the park with the new 22’ design. I don’t believe the 220 FSH has yet been made, but I have seen plenty of ads for the others.

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If no reviews by the time you receive yours, make sure to do a review for potential buyers in the market.

jfuoco85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We picked up our SX220 last week, but since its winter here it went right to storage. The layout was great and did not seem cramped at all during our walk through with three adults and two kids on board. The walkthrough was really nice for the little ones and made it easy for them to move from the cabin area to the swim platform. Additionally, the bow was roomy enough for me (5'10") to sit with my feet up and not feel cramped on either side. Should have it in the water early April to test it on the river.

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm disappointed that the height on the trailer with the tower folder for the AR 220 is 119", so it won't fit under an 8' garage door. I believe that the AR210s would. I had hoped to put the AR220 into my garage, which has 8' doors with plenty of depth.

Harry_V

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually saw the 222 XD at the boat show and felled in love with it, but also out of my budget. I went to a Marina in NY and did a walkthrough on the AR220. Its a beautiful boat, I haven't owned a boat in over 15 years. I made a reservation for the AR220 and hoping to have it by Memorial day weekend. I looked at a 2021 XD with minimal hours, but definitely love the new design and color scheme of the 2023 AR220.

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Harry_V , I do love the layout and overall appearance. What color did you choose? I have a sapphire on reserve, and the dealer just notified me it's built and should be shipped out soon.

Harry_V

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats great news, I have the same color reserved too, sapphire. Where will you be boating? Im in NJ and gonna keep the boat in Lake Hopatcong.

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We're in Blowing Rock, NC, mainly boating on Lake James and Watauga Lake.

Harry_V

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, good luck and enjoy!

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Someone with a new AR220 posted yesterday on Facebook that they hit high of 42 mph. Not sure how many people were on the boat, elevation, GPS vs speedometer, etc.

Harry_V

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wow, thats nice. I was just reading today that temp and elevation affects the boat top end speed, by a decent amount. Crazy

Radagast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tcallis and jfuoco85, can you please share when you placed your orders? I have an order for an AR220 and my dealer can't provide an estimate of when it will arrive. Just trying to get a better sense of timing. Many thanks!

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Tcallis and jfuoco85, can you please share when you placed your orders? I have an order for an AR220 and my dealer can't provide an estimate of when it will arrive. Just trying to get a better sense of timing. Many thanks!
I didn’t place an order, but rather reserved one that the dealer had already ordered.

Radagast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it - thanks. When did make your reservation?

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Got it - thanks. When did make your reservation?
Like 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago was informed the boat was built, in the warehouse, and awaiting shipping.

Radagast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks -- that was great timing! I gave my dealer a deposit back in early January but I'm not sure if they already had the boat on order then. It's my understanding that the dealers place most of the orders when the new models are announced (back in August or September), depending on how many they have been allotted. But I may be misunderstanding the process.

kfox112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I walked through an AR220 at the Chesapeake Bay boat show in MD and absolutely loved it. The layout is fantastic; felt very comfortable and roomy. Everything felt well made / solid / high end.

I originally had concerns about a jet boat and had discounted them, but after touring all the boats at the Philly and Chesapeake boat shows, nothing compared to the interior of the 2023 Yamaha's, and I ended up purchasing a 222S last week.

I picked the 222s for a few reasons; I like the captains chairs, but admit that the L seat in the AR is really nice as well. I just didn't like the idea of my passenger sitting backwards when there are only two of us on board. The L will be much better if you want extra seating capacity though! Hope you love your new boat. :)

jfuoco85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a deposit down last August at river valley marine. My boat showed up in January, but they had the white and blue color scheme in around December.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Figured I’d chime in here. We put a deposit down on our AR220 at the Chesapeake Bay boat back on January 22. The marina had already had the boat on order. It showed up last week, we did the sea trail on Friday and I brought it home yesterday. Now we are just waiting for our daughters to wrap up their spring lacrosse and soccer seasons so we can get out on the water. C48A6A87-92B3-4D8D-A9E0-3F0006C9BD3A.jpeg24133698-7407-42F7-9E85-2FB4F75EDFC4.jpegFA9CC341-D6E7-4F3A-8B5A-0AABBDBF1261.jpeg