• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR 220

Statefan11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone else been told by their local dealer the boat is assembled and awaiting shipping from the warehouse, but do not have any dates??

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious if anyone that has gotten an AR220 has had to be creative getting their tower down to fit in the garage? I am considering an AR220 or a 222XE to replace my AR190 and both say the tower down height is 9’11”. My 9’ garage door has an opening of 8’10” and for the amount of money these things cost leaving it out is not an option.

I know you can undo the cables and let air out of the tires, but is there any way to drop one of them a foot to get it in/out twice a year?

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll take a look at mine. I’m sure there is a way to completely unbolt the tower assembly from the hull of the boat. If it’s only twice a year then that seems like a reasonable solution for you. I’m planning on taking ours out this weekend and will look then. I’ll follow up by Sunday.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll take a look at mine. I’m sure there is a way to completely unbolt the tower assembly from the hull of the boat. If it’s only twice a year then that seems like a reasonable solution for you. I’m planning on taking ours out this weekend and will look then. I’ll follow up by Sunday.
Great, thanks for taking the time to look.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, thanks for taking the time to look.
I dropped the tower today while cleaning the boat and measured it. I’m coming up with 9’ 6” clearance to the highest point. With tower completely removed the windshield frame is the highest point and comes in right at 8’
Here’s a few pictures for reference with the tower folded
5A9D1FA4-1867-4516-B44D-2E0EA5E6E872.jpeg
E004A224-0E86-4C9B-AA18-C0BCF27FFCC6.jpeg
I believe that if you were to disconnect the wire for the navigation light, remove the pin for the silver guide piece and remove the hex head pivot bolt on each side the tower would come off of the boat. At that point you would need something at least 8’ clear and 23’ ish deep to store the boat in.

Hope this helps.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dropped the tower today while cleaning the boat and measured it. I’m coming up with 9’ 6” clearance to the highest point. With tower completely removed the windshield frame is the highest point and comes in right at 8’
Here’s a few pictures for reference with the tower folded

I believe that if you were to disconnect the wire for the navigation light, remove the pin for the silver guide piece and remove the hex head pivot bolt on each side the tower would come off of the boat. At that point you would need something at least 8’ clear and 23’ ish deep to store the boat in.

Hope this helps.
Great info and thanks for the pictures, very helpful. I don’t think I have seen any with the tower actually folded before. This shows me what I would have to do to make it work, now I wonder how many people it would take to wrangle that tower on and off without destroying the boat. Guess I could rig a hoist in a tree or something.

One thing I don’t see is a cable to hold it. Did they do away with those? Even if it had the cables and you could modify or remove them you can see the tower would not lay down in the cabin and clear the windshield, so that wouldn’t help anyway.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great info and thanks for the pictures, very helpful. I don’t think I have seen any with the tower actually folded before. This shows me what I would have to do to make it work, now I wonder how many people it would take to wrangle that tower on and off without destroying the boat. Guess I could rig a hoist in a tree or something.

One thing I don’t see is a cable to hold it. Did they do away with those? Even if it had the cables and you could modify or remove them you can see the tower would not lay down in the cabin and clear the windshield, so that wouldn’t help anyway.
There are no cables that are inside the tower. Both sides are held in place by a large “thumb screw” that threads into a 3/8”ish size hole. I am unfamiliar with the older tower designs on the Yamaha boats. This is the first boat I’ve ever owned. My sister has a 2016 AR240 but I’ve never seen her lower the tower on it. Tomorrow I can snap another picture from a little further back so it shows the whole tower base in detail.

WA61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are no cables that are inside the tower. Both sides are held in place by a large “thumb screw” that threads into a 3/8”ish size hole. I am unfamiliar with the older tower designs on the Yamaha boats. This is the first boat I’ve ever owned. My sister has a 2016 AR240 but I’ve never seen her lower the tower on it. Tomorrow I can snap another picture from a little further back so it shows the whole tower base in detail.
Ok I know at least the AR190 and 195 have cables to limit how far the tower comes down. Some people lengthen the cables or disconnect them so the tower drops down into the cabin. I don’t know if any other models use the cables but I guess the 220 never did and I can see from the pictures that it will not clear the inside of the windshield to go lower anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Quelqu'un avec un nouvel AR220 a posté hier sur Facebook qu'il avait atteint un maximum de 42 mph. Je ne sais pas combien de personnes étaient sur le bateau, l'altitude, le GPS par rapport au compteur de vitesse, etc.
[/CITATION]
bonjour avez vous reçu votre AR220 ? si oui a quoi ressemble les performance merci