• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2024 FSH 222 Sport cup and rod holder drainage DIY

NCarolinaFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I posted this on all of the JetBoat/FSH Facebook pages and figured it could help here for others up to the task. Overall this could apply to any model but parking it in the 2024 model folders since that’s what I have.

Comprehensive cup holder and rod holder drainage DIY.
(Hopefully lol)

2024 Yamaha FSH 222 Sport

I took the boat out today for a good bit with my family. Off and on the boat a bunch and happy to report when we got out I pulled the butt plug and maybe an ounce of water drained. Kept an eye on levels out on the water and no increase (to make sure I didn’t pull the boat out the water right after a bilge pump operation).

All drainage directs water to the main deck so that the natural drainage out of the boat can occur instead of the bilge.

Other things I’ve done to ensure water doesn’t sneak into the bilge as follows:

1. Sealed main deck drains. Used LifeCalk.
2. Sealed top port of all cup holders. Used LifeCalk.
3. Sealed fuel tank access and wet locker removable maintenance plate with 1/8” thick x 1” wide weather stripping tape on the underside. Also used flat gasket rings on all of the screws.
4. Sealed all speakers. Used LifeCalk.
5. Used marine weather stripping from HD around all hatches.
6. LifeCalk around everything removable on the center console. Still have slight leakage from the steering and throttle assemblies, and rocker switches. If anyone can chime in here would be great.

Materials:
(Didn’t quantify lengths or quantities but a lot lol)

1. 3/8” ID Braided Hose.
2. 3/8” Tee Barbs
3. Gemlux 3/8” Deck Drains
4. 3/4 SS Worm Gear Clamps
5. 2” SS Worm Gear Clamps
6. 1/8” thick 1” wide flat weather strip tape
7. Marine weather strip from HD

If anyone needs any additional pictures or support let me know. Trying to help.

Attachments

• IMG_7039.jpeg
    IMG_7039.jpeg
    665 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6996.jpeg
    IMG_6996.jpeg
    575.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6958.jpeg
    IMG_6958.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6956.jpeg
    IMG_6956.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7002.jpeg
    IMG_7002.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7004.jpeg
    IMG_7004.jpeg
    638.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7007.jpeg
    IMG_7007.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7035.jpeg
    IMG_7035.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7036.jpeg
    IMG_7036.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6964.jpeg
    IMG_6964.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6963.jpeg
    IMG_6963.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6966.jpeg
    IMG_6966.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6969.png
    IMG_6969.png
    777.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6968.png
    IMG_6968.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6943.png
    IMG_6943.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks for posting and welcome! This is on my unending projects list. To me it’s unacceptable that cup holders drain into otherwise dry storage like the pods. It never occurred to me to drain them to the deck where it will go out the scuppers. Nice!

Yeah my first attempt with this was routing everything to the bilge and quickly went back to the drawing board. This method gives a factory look and function. I was shocked to discover this wasn’t factory or atleast the cup holders being sealed. This is my first purchased boat so learned a lot about what to look for quick.

Well done!

About all you can do for the rocker switches would be to pop them up and bed them in a caulk or sealant but it should be a sealant that can be removed relatively easy.

Eventually you’ll find the last place that water can get into the bilge and nothing will come out of the drain at the end of the day. I was occasionally getting a tiny bit of water out of the bilge at the end of the day and I traced that to the oem slip fit connector on the raw water wash down system, pulled the fitting out and wiped it down and put it back together and so far no leak there.

Again, well done and thanks for posting!

Here’s a couple of links to threads I’ve done.

These vertical rod holders up front were intended for rod riggers, but they get a lot of use holding my trolling rods while I’m either rigging them up or taking them down, but have been very handy when changing lures and such. The transom center rod holder has become a great place for putting my net or a single long line out the back with three down riggers in the water.

Post 4,188 in this thread

Last edited:
Thanks for posting and welcome! This is on my unending projects list. To me it’s unacceptable that cup holders drain into otherwise dry storage like the pods. It never occurred to me to drain them to the deck where it will go out the scuppers. Nice!
Right? I was surprised when I found the rod holders drained into the aft storage compartments, bow cup holders drained into the under seat storage areas, and the transom mounted cup and rod holders into the bilge and none of the cup holders were sealed when they were installed.

I stuck some chewing gum in the cup holders last time it rained. But then I had cup holders full of water that I had to get out to let the gum dry so it would come out. But my stuff stayed dry. Drains would be better!
I like draining onto deck except maybe for sloshing a coke or adult beverage which then ends up on the deck instead of bilge. But of course right now it’s going to end up in storage compartment.

Back