• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 Reviews are rolling in

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looks like boat channels on YT are starting to get their hands on the new 2024 lineup. Boating Magazine just did a review on the 2024 252SD.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All the reviews I am seeing are giving high marks to the new 1.9L engines.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm surprises that in this video they don't go over the top speed and economy like they normally do. Maybe BoatTest will once they get a video out.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Link to the article with the specs.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If this is at all correct, at max RPM there is a differences of almost 5 DBA. That is significant. Efficiency looks to be almost the same.

From BoatTest.Com 2021 252SD

1702564017087.png

From Boating Magazine 2024 252SD
1702564048490.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

kind of a glaring error in the most economical cruising speed… I am dubious about the sub 2 mpg results. Perhaps one of our 255 FSH sport E members can chime in with real world mpg.

7694084D-DAEA-48D7-9F6F-2909A615A386.png

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like boat channels on YT are starting to get their hands on the new 2024 lineup. Boating Magazine just did a review on the 2024 252SD.

The reviewer stated that there is a raw water wash down on the stern but Yamaha’s web site states a fresh water wash down which has been the norm for these boats.. the only boats with raw water wash down are the FSH series.

200 hp out of the 1.9’s….an 11% increase in power. I have to wonder how much the SVHO version will be. Currently the SVHO’s are 250 hp, which is 39% more than the NA engine. Can Yamaha get 40% more out of the SVHO to bring them up to 280 hp for 560 hp for the twin application ?

Last edited:

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've seen contradicting information from one review channel to the other in the past, that's why I said if its true in one of the replies earlier. Although I appreciate the videos, but would really like a more detailed video for sure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So a new 252 maxes out at 47 mph? That’s a 3 to 5 mph decrease over the 240s the 250s replaced. I think that sucks from an upgrade perspective but understand there is more to value than just top speed.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So a new 252 maxes out at 47 mph? That’s a 3 to 5 mph decrease over the 240s the 250s replaced. I think that sucks from an upgrade perspective but understand there is more to value than just top speed.
I wonder if it could go faster in different conditions. Those reviews are never super accurate. I'm happy to see a nice improvement over the low 40s on the 1.8L. but I agree, would love to see 50s.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I (and I think most average buyers) don’t really care about top speed. Quieter and better fuel at cruising speeds is where it’s at.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It's about time for a some journal to have REAL hard-hitting boat reviews. Boating Mag wont do it. They always play Mr. nice guy. This tells me practically nothing over what I can get from the manf. website. For a center console 24' to 25'+, they need to run that thing in some serious chop and see how quickly they gain or lose confidence. How is fit and finish? Materials used, a.k.a., what's gonna break in the first couple of years? Now I realize it's not a Yellowfin or Contender, but it's quite a package for $100K(ish).

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most girls will tell you that they’re not looking for fast 😉 They’d like a slow ride.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's about time for a some journal to have REAL hard-hitting boat reviews. Boating Mag wont do it. They always play Mr. nice guy. This tells me practically nothing over what I can get from the manf. website. For a center console 24' to 25'+, they need to run that thing in some serious chop and see how quickly they gain or lose confidence. How is fit and finish? Materials used, a.k.a., what's gonna break in the first couple of years? Now I realize it's not a Yellowfin or Contender, but it's quite a package for $100K(ish).
Agreed! The best review I’ve seen yet on any of the boating type you tube channels was when Jet Boat Pilot did a side by side review of the 25’ FSH sport E and the 25’ Scarab equivalent.

These yt mags have to play nice or Yamaha won’t give them boats to test or pay them. This is the same with the dirt bike magazines and their shootouts of say the 450 four stroke off road bikes. Dirt Rider was pretty good for a long time and the manufacturers worked hard to make sure their bike would come out on top, the ultimate is when they tested the bikes in a 24 hour endurance race at Glen Helen.

It kind of makes you wonder when there are some basic errors in the fuel consumption charts, not comparing them with last years model and getting some basic things wrong. And in the case of the FSH boats, get some fishermen and fisherwomen on the boat and as you say put it through its paces with fishing trip off offshore that begins with using the front casting deck and a throw net to get some pin fish for the live wells (see how well the live well keeps bait) then head off shore and put some Dorado on board or perhaps even a Marlin? Salt water sportsman does tests kinda like that. Sounds like that void would be great to get filled by one of our members who owns one of these boats.

Come to think of it Captain Danny did a test of a 210 FSH.

Just discovered this 222 FSH / 255 FSH Sport E side by side comparison from JBP.

Last edited:

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Then there's always this guy beginning about the 7:00 mark (attached). I'd like to interview his wife.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Then there's always this guy beginning about the 7:00 mark (attached). I'd like to interview his wife.

Well, I think it is pretty clear that she was very unhappy ! LOL! I wonder why he even took her along.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Greg has balls of steel for sure!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
It sucks to be out run by a pontoon boat. I would prefer to cruise at 45 and have a top end of 60, as opposed. to 35 and maybe 50. If someone is concerned with fuel economy a boat and or a truck aren't the best options.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It sucks to be out run by a pontoon boat. I would prefer to cruise at 45 and have a top end of 60, as opposed. to 35 and maybe 50. If someone is concerned with fuel economy a boat and or a truck aren't the best options.
Pontoons are only out running you on flat water. They also do it in silence.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length