• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 fsh learnings after 2 years ownership

moosenumerotres

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought it new, so what I learned:
  1. Adjust throttle friction
  2. Run or flush often, mud daubers like to nest in small holes, flush drains and bilge as well
  3. Tighten latches on covers so they'll seal
  4. Front deck storage did not drain due to factory installed kink in drain line
  5. I installed a plug inside anchor locker since drain likes to funnel water in occasionally
  6. Replace shorelander lights with sealed LED lights
  7. Realize that you MUST check oil with engine running.and boat somewhat level.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought it new, so what I learned:
  1. Adjust throttle friction
  2. Run or flush often, mud daubers like to nest in small holes, flush drains and bilge as well
  3. Tighten latches on covers so they'll seal
  4. Front deck storage did not drain due to factory installed kink in drain line
  5. I installed a plug inside anchor locker since drain likes to funnel water in occasionally
  6. Replace shorelander lights with sealed LED lights
  7. Realize that you MUST check oil with engine running.and boat somewhat level.
Where was the kink in the front storage drain line?

Checking the oil with the engine running ?

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Never heard of checking oil while engine running?

moosenumerotres

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where was the kink in the front storage drain line?

Checking the oil with the engine running ?
Kink was midships, dealer ran a new line, as too tough to cut and replace

Yes, you can check it with engine running or not. Idea is to get engine hot. With engine cold, oil level shows low and you'll be tempted to overfill.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't check while running, yes need to warm, but you will get a different reading. I have verified this on my engines and I have the same TR-1's you have.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oil: Not running. But run it, warm it, then turn it off. Level, yup

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I should check my latch adjustments. My center console hatch has a bit of play and consequently the hatch fiberglass is wearing against where it touches. Maybe tightening will help.

My Shorelandr installed trailer lights blew the first time I launched the boat. :rolleyes: Fortunately they're standard size and it was an easy swap.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kink was midships, dealer ran a new line, as too tough to cut and replace
I've fiddled (lowered/partly relocated) mine and it still does not drain consistently so I've pretty much given up on it and know water will leak into the floor's storage compartment.

It's a terrible design.