• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Livewell Leak

Rideitout

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Found the leak I’d been looking for. It is on the livewell intake, just before where it connects into the actual livewell. There is an open nipple on top of the elbow that allows water to flow out into the bilge.
You can see the water flowing out in the pics.
This is with the pump off. It is flowing back out from the already-filled livewell.
Seems dumb; I think I’m going to cap it.

Video of leak here:

7DBC395F-4791-46AE-87FD-AB2456F85531.jpeg88108BCA-59E2-4B4D-9121-DD31C6D1169C.jpeg

I think that is the nipple your aerator line is supposed to be hooked to. Is a small black hose that goes up to the black “air intake” that’s on the bulwarks near the live well. That’s the intake fitting for the aerator, when you turn on the aerator it pulls some air into the stream and the output is recycled water with air in in.

Look / feel around for a small black hose, it should attach to that nipple that is leaking and then tie into the air intake in the bulwarks.

This is the air intake on the bulwarks.

1A875A23-2669-4F65-A3D7-5B5C4B238312.jpeg

If you turn on the aerator pump when the live well is full it will probably stop leaking… just find the little black hose and attach it.

Sweet, thanks! I was thinking it may need to be attached to a hose and that hose would likely go up above the livewell high water line. I’ll remove the access hatch again and see if I can locate the hose.

Sweet, thanks! I was thinking it may need to be attached to a hose and that hose would likely go up above the livewell high water line. I’ll remove the access hatch again and see if I can locate the hose.

I’d suggest pulling that little black fitting off and make sure the hose is there first.

Max-Air Intake now connected to that nipple. Doesn’t look like it was ever connected.
Access was a little awkward.
2nd pic is the view from the cup holder above the livewell.
Red circle is snack wrapper stuffed in the rod holder. Left it there for good luck.97B34B96-82BC-41A3-A47C-94069F238D18.jpeg5F88135C-DB69-4158-8727-A793B47AC350.jpeg

Great news!

I have to ask… did you get in there or did you just stick your camera up in there? I had a hell of time getting up in there, if I didn’t have as long of arms as I do it would have been even tougher!

I stuck the camera in there to get the pics and made the connection by feel.
I could barely reach the hose/nipple connection and be able to put enough pressure on it to make the connection.

I stuck the camera in there to get the pics and made the connection by feel.
I could barely reach the hose/nipple connection and be able to put enough pressure on it to make the connection.

Okay, I had a similar experience.. I had to tighten the live well fill fitting and went in from the rear with the clean out tray removed and could barely get that fitting tightened up. Glad you got it done!

Mine was exactly the same. Disconnect and hanging. I removed the cup holder and managed to squeeze my arm down in there and connect the hose up to the nipple. Aerator now works properly too.

Back