• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Trailer Brakes

DFouch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So like many of you, I'm having issues with my trailer brakes. Factory dual axle Shorelandr trailer that comes with the 210, the left rear rotor heating up to almost 600 degrees. I want to start by replacing the caliper. I searched the vin on Shorelandr and found the part #SK0045 for the left, SK0046 for the right. I shopped around for the best price of about $220 on Ebay. I'm hoping to create a thread here as a quick reference for other possible caliper Manufactures / part numbers that fit this trailer. I found UFP DB-35 for a much better price but can't confirm they will fit.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just had to replace a caliper on my trailer - 2011 Shorelander as it locked up. I purchased it via the link on the Shorelandr site, (Hanna RV IIRC) and yes, it was right around $200. It comes with new pads as well. Sorry can’t help with cross references. Maybe reach out to a local trailer shop in your area and see if they have any recommendations.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does the piston seize on the caliper or does the caliper seize in its slide rails or both?

DFouch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Piston is getting hung up in the caliper. Unfortunately I have a trip planned this weekend so I'll have to bypass the brakes until I get the parts.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Piston is getting hung up in the caliper. Unfortunately I have a trip planned this weekend so I'll have to bypass the brakes until I get the parts.
Have you tried using a pry bar and push the caliper all the way to one side collapsing the piston then pumping it out several times to see if that would help?

8C033D91-9A32-48BC-8B6F-233AD58BC6DB.jpeg

I didn’t realize my trailer brakes weren’t working for sometime when towing with my F-350 crew cab after a line leaked the brake fluid out. I did notice how much it stopped with the brakes working though !

Last edited:

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just took the brake off pushed it back in and put the brake bypass pin in... If you have a truck its not a heavy boat.

Sherwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just took the brake off pushed it back in and put the brake bypass pin in... If you have a truck its not a heavy boat.
I hate to be a safety Sally, but not having braks is illegal in some states. In Florida gvwr over 3,000 have to have working brakes. I think California is like 1,500.
Heaven forbid you have a accident and some accident investigator find you locked out the brakes. I know tone is kind hard to read online.
Just to be crystal clear not saying your being unsafe in anyway in my opinion. Just trying to make sure you cover your 6.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For salt water get the stainless steel calipers DB-35 part #41056R or L at the end for right and left. This season its time for rotors has anyone upgraded those to Stainless ?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hate to be a safety Sally, but not having braks is illegal in some states. In Florida gvwr over 3,000 have to have working brakes. I think California is like 1,500.
Heaven forbid you have a accident and some accident investigator find you locked out the brakes. I know tone is kind hard to read online.
Just to be crystal clear not saying your being unsafe in anyway in my opinion. Just trying to make sure you cover your 6.
You are correct, not saying it's right but these shorelanders are absolute trash trailers. I'm waiting for a few more things that will need to be done on the trailer and I'm going to take it in and have a company that custom-made my last trailer. I'll have them rip out the entire bottom end and rebuild it. On the safety note, I feel that it's actually safer (whether right or wrong I haven't done actual testing) for me to have the brakes locked out. My truck stops on a dime as I have slotted and cross-drilled rotors and heavy-duty brakes. So much so that every time I stopped prior to my calipers being shot, my trailer would completely lock up the brakes and smoke the tires if I stopped to quickly. Causing me to let off the brakes to stop the trailer from being locked up. Now I feel I can stop on a dime without a seen.

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone rebuilt these calipers?

my passenger side was binding today. Fortunately only a couple miles from the lake to my house, but the rim was scorching hot by the time I got h

I assume the seals and fluid are toast after that.
Wondering if it’s possible to rebuild it. Maybe a light hone would help?

IMG_2701.jpeg

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found another thread with steps to change out to aluminum calipers (with stainless pistons). I went ahead and just ordered those. Hopefully I can change them out this week and be back on the water on Saturday.

Shorelander sure screwed up by putting steel pistons prone to rust on a boat trailer. mine didn’t even make 2 years!

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Been there done that. My brakes only lasted 2 years as well. I ended up putting all stainless rotors and calipers and haven't had any problems since then. I keep a heavy dose of corrosion X on the springs, those will be the next item to replace.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Been there done that. My brakes only lasted 2 years as well. I ended up putting all stainless rotors and calipers and haven't had any problems since then. I keep a heavy dose of corrosion X on the springs, those will be the next item to replace.
What brand and model numbers did you use I upgraded to UFP DB-35 caliper 41056R and L but know its time for rotors

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Disclaimer: this is for a 2020 shorelander trailer for a 210 FSH, and these items fit my trailer.

This is the kit I Bought ufpk71-088-05 , And you can see the breakdown of all the parts here : Disc Brake Wheel End Kit | K71-088-05 | Dexter Axle Online Store. I also ended up having to replace the disc brake slide actuator because it was frozen as well. That is PN# ST-UFP34044 or 099-060-20 can be viewed here: https://brakes4trailers.com/products/a-60-brake-actuator-disc-brake-2-axle?variant=42715256979633&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwjqWzBhAqEiwAQmtgTz-S0jhevJMAdVl8Vg_6-fL21FRlziyRPPCFGOFhbz05Yk07Rp187hoCUKwQAvD_BwE
Do yourself a favor if you change out the slide actuator and buy a can of LPS3, Soak the hell out of it before you install it in the outer shell. The piston and spring assembly corrode and seize up. There is no way to rinse it properly because it is enclosed.

Sherwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Been looking at replacement springs.
Seen a few companies that sell bolt on spring brakets.
I have drilled my trailer for boat buckles and trailer guides and it was super easy.
My guestion is where to mount them?
I forget what the stock spring length is. I seam to remember it being a something .5 inches.
Says it's 27.5 inches and buy replacement 28 inch long spring , do I just mount the new mount 1/2 inch out? Or is there some strange spring math I need account for?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Disclaimer: this is for a 2020 shorelander trailer for a 210 FSH, and these items fit my trailer.

This is the kit I Bought ufpk71-088-05 , And you can see the breakdown of all the parts here : Disc Brake Wheel End Kit | K71-088-05 | Dexter Axle Online Store. I also ended up having to replace the disc brake slide actuator because it was frozen as well. That is PN# ST-UFP34044 or 099-060-20 can be viewed here: https://brakes4trailers.com/products/a-60-brake-actuator-disc-brake-2-axle?variant=42715256979633&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwjqWzBhAqEiwAQmtgTz-S0jhevJMAdVl8Vg_6-fL21FRlziyRPPCFGOFhbz05Yk07Rp187hoCUKwQAvD_BwE
Do yourself a favor if you change out the slide actuator and buy a can of LPS3, Soak the hell out of it before you install it in the outer shell. The piston and spring assembly corrode and seize up. There is no way to rinse it properly because it is enclosed.

Awesome post here @Dixemon ! I’d think these parts will fit any of the 2020 21’ boat trailers. How much did it cost for both sets? The page states, Zinc / Stainless Steel… what is zinc and what is SS?

Do you boat in fresh, salt or brackish water? So far the only trouble I’ve had with my brakes (knock on wood) is that fitting that started leaking and slowly let all of the fluid out, so I ended up having a new line made and replacing the actuator and everything is bitchen since. Brakes work really well. But! If I ever have to replace a caliper I’ll be going with this SS set up.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The page states, Zinc / Stainless Steel… what is zinc and what is SS?

I looked at the listing the same way due to the multiple ways calipers are made and marketed this caliper seems to be the same one I installed UFP DB-35 #41056R R =right L= left some web sites list both model numbers as old and new I think Dexter purchased UFP . These items should fit Most of the shorlander dual axle trailers. Mine is a 2018 and Im getting ready to order SS rotors

Below is whats SS

Thursday, June 13, 2024.jpg

This looks like the best price

Thursday, June 13, 2024 (2).jpg

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The way I read it is that the hub is zinc plated and the rotors are SS, along with the calipers. I can throw a magnet on it when I get home. I'm primarily salt water, some lake time occasionally. These trailers are not salt water trailers except for the aluminum frame.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For salt water get the stainless steel calipers DB-35 part #41056R or L at the end for right and left. This season its time for rotors has anyone upgraded those to Stainless ?
replaced mine with stainless as the old ones corroded solid. I'm the second owner. FO use boat in brackish and never really used the trailer other than to take the boat out at the end of the season. I have a dock W boat lift in my yard and do the same... At the end of first year with the boat 2022.... brake calipers locked up due to corrosion. couldn't put the boat in the water even though I only had to go 1/3 mile to marina. Replaced with SS so it will last longer. Springs have corroded even more....(next on my list) . Goal is to keep the trailer functional....so we can take the boat on vacations with us ;). If you use your trailer regularly then SS makes sense for those that are in brackish or salt.....

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length