• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

21ft and 24ft transom ballast bags in stock!

JBRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
24ft bag fit a 2007 SX230? Or do I need the 21ft version?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
24ft bag fit a 2007 SX230? Or do I need the 21ft version?
24ft will not fit and dimensional a 21ft bag would fit but one hasn't been tried yet.

JBRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have the 21ft bag in stock?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Has anyone got one of these bags for a new AR210 with the TR1’s? If so has anyone put a ballast bag in the ski locker and and had a full boat of people. My question is getting to will the TR1’s do well like this or is this just too much.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I purchased my transom bag for my AR240 way... back in August. I had a very brief window of opportunity today to head out and try it. We weren't planning on going out to the lake tomorrow, but decided it worthwhile to give it a test run prior.

Went out, filled the bag, and added what were though might reasonably dial in the wake to our other on board ballast. We were running a little light with just my wife and 2 runt kids along for the ride.

After filling we attempted a test run to get a look at the wake. I conveniently forgot my wedge... Well, try add we might, the boat would not plane. We bled off internal ballast from the rear under seat bags and it still would not. Added to the locker in an attempt to weigh the nose down and it till failed to get up. Bled some more from the locker, my wife moved up to the bow and it finally got up. I thought maybe we had it so I hopped in with one of the new coasters I've been wanting to demo. Wife pulled me up and again it would not plane... I tried directing her to try various things while she dragged me around but nothing made a difference.

I'm certain we were experiencing cavitation, it just seems as though the dozen+ more members who I see posting on the bag aren't struggling the same issue. The was a lot of debris in the water and at one point o picked something up and had to du a reverse maneuver to clear it, which I believed was successful. After draining all the ballast we were able to travel back to the marina at WOT and was topping 40+ mph, which seemed normal. Ater pulling the boat home I checked the pumps to see if there was anything. There was a small piece of debris on the nozzle side of the port impeller, but it was completely loose and I was able to my 5 year old reach in and remove it. So I'm still not sure debris was the cause of any cavitation.

Anyway, I decided to do use some marine sealant to port my pumps. I'm hoping it does something... if not what do you think I ought to try next? Luck 13 cones? Impellers that will hook up better? The dealer hear mentioned to me they were having a lot of success with the 190 impellers on the 242x boats to help with elevation and cavitation... I'll probably try it again tomorrow, but if it's the same, I'm going to need a game plan.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was running into the same issues. The issue for me was getting enough weight forward. Once you can bring the nose down a bit, you can get up to speed easily. Last summer, there were a couple of trips I didn't have enough people in the boat and couldn't get it done. I added the L13 cones which helped a bunch and then I added an 800lb bag in the ski locker. No more issues.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was running into the same issues. The issue for me was getting enough weight forward. Once you can bring the nose down a bit, you can get up to speed easily. Last summer, there were a couple of trips I didn't have enough people in the boat and couldn't get it done. I added the L13 cones which helped a bunch and then I added an 800lb bag in the ski locker. No more issues.
I've got the 800lb ski locker bag and we'll have a few more bodies in the boat tomorrow. So, I guess we'll see.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got the 800lb ski locker bag and we'll have a few more bodies in the boat tomorrow. So, I guess we'll see.
Are you guys on Powell this week? I'm here, you could jump in my boat and try the same thing, we could compare notes.
We just got here tonight and I have not had the boat in the water yet, not idea how she will do at the altitude here. I'm kind of curious.
I would be curious what you think - how is my boat doing here. I know she does great at sea level (600ft), so it could be informative.

WIll keep this posted.
The L13 definitely help, so does loading the front. If you have trim tabs, can always momentarily deploy those until you pop up , then retract. I have used that trick when testing some monstrous weigths.

The good news is, can't hurt a jet boat trying to come up with too much weight, the impeller pumps work at close to full efficiency anywya. Not so much with proped boats. The bad news is - it can be frustrating. But there is a way, it may just take some tweaking and some patience!

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider Is there a loop or anything to keep the bottom plug from falling in the water when you take it out to drain? What’s recommended, other than just being careful?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Other then just being careful you can add another fill port to the bottom of the bag.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you guys on Powell this week? I'm here, you could jump in my boat and try the same thing, we could compare notes.
We just got here tonight and I have not had the boat in the water yet, not idea how she will do at the altitude here. I'm kind of curious.
I would be curious what you think - how is my boat doing here. I know she does great at sea level (600ft), so it could be informative.

WIll keep this posted.
The L13 definitely help, so does loading the front. If you have trim tabs, can always momentarily deploy those until you pop up , then retract. I have used that trick when testing some monstrous weigths.

The good news is, can't hurt a jet boat trying to come up with too much weight, the impeller pumps work at close to full efficiency anywya. Not so much with proped boats. The bad news is - it can be frustrating. But there is a way, it may just take some tweaking and some patience!

--
I wish I were down there! Fact of the matter is I haven't been able to get my wife to commit to a date yet... which is frustrating me. Kitchen remodel and investing in the watersports biz haven't helped the cause financially. I think it'll be August before it's a possibility... I'm dying to make it happen though.

I appreciate the offer for the ride along, the comparison would be the most telling of what phenomenon is occurring. I've not got any trim tabs, but I will have extra bodies to throw in the bow today, so we'll see.

My guess is, you'll be down a few RPM and possibly a couple MPH, but you should be fine otherwise. It'll be interesting to note the effects on a boat like yours that's otherwise running optimally. Also to see how your tune helps out.

I'm glad you made it, and I hope you have the time of your lives down there! Nothing beats driving in and spotting the lake for the first time.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Still have a 24’ transom bag?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We drop ship from fatsac now so yes. They usually issue a tracking number in a couple of days.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello do you have a 19ft bag in stock? How much? Thanks
@Chris D fatsac keeps these bags in stock for Gantlin so all you have to do is place your order on the website and it will be shipped out. Thanks !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will the 750 lb ballast bag that measures 50x20x20 fit in a 2018 AR240 ski locker?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
yes