• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 stereo upgrade coming soon!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry my mistake yes at Mono 4 ohms 400 per speaker. I don't know why I was looking at the 200 x 4 lol.
ha no prob. I thought I had looked at something wrong. Already have a headache thinking about installing this new amp and my ws 420 EQ, and then getting it all to sound good with my other JL amps.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you feel you getting full output from them? And also what is your playtime like, does it overheat? Just curious to keep my knowledge up just in case for later down the line. I've always had a either Pro485s or Rev410s and never owned any of the single horn speakers.
Just ordered yesterday. Will not be installed until Feb or March. Currently I have 8 JL 6.5"s and 1 10' JL sub. No issues with run time or heat. They sound good too.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure you will be fine. that 420 EQ is a beast. Maybe after you get everything setup right and you are feeling brave, I might be able to help you super charge that 420 EQ to get more out from it. You have a connext so it would be a golden. I truly believe the 420 is why system can get insane loud. lol

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha. Your Syn Dx4 is running all those?

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Matt,
A Wetsounds SYN-DX4 bridged into two channels and driving two (one pair) of Rev10s is 400 watts per speaker with a 14.4V supply. That might be close to 300 watts RMS per speaker with a 12.0 V supply, which is the lowest supply level you should ever run. The truth is, that in terms of continuous power, 300 continuous watts is more than the speaker can handle, and far more than the speaker will ever see with music content. The rest is peak power, for extremely briefs durations, which would be described as dynamic headroom. This (Rev10 & DX4) is a really good match of speakers and amplifier.
Is a JL Audio HD750/1 a more robust amplifier in this application? Sure, roughly at a + 25% cost premium for a + 25% power premium. Exactly as it should be. A little more risky on the extra power also.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gotcha. Your Syn Dx4 is running all those?
No, I have two JL amps. An M800/8v2 for the 6.5's, and a M200/2 for the 10" sub.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I really wished the 24' boats had taller towers and I would go with the 410. From what I have read it has a fuller sound.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice system @MattFX4

I have 2 rev410s on my AR240 and it's not really an issue. Everyone knows to lower your head when walking by. Few bumps and bruises on the head you learn real quickly ;)

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But I do agree with the sound but they have their purposes. Rev10s better near boat, 410 better from distance. I want to add 2 Rev10s to complete my build.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But I do agree with the sound but they have their purposes. Rev10s better near boat, 410 better from distance. I want to add 2 Rev10s to complete my build.
Do you have pics of the 410's on your boat? So you think the Rev 10's sounds better up close compared to the 410's? Just curious.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 I don't at the moment. The first picture is a pic of when we were trying to get all 3 pro 485s on my tower. Than I switched to 2 Rev410s for technical reasons. The Bimini holes made it almost impossible to get a good clean fit for all 3. My rev410s are cented in the tower with slight forward arc. I will try to get a pic this winter, but I don't keep my speakers on my tower while stored up. Really I don't know why I haven't taken a photo of it yet. The second pic shows the 485s mounted and are close to how my revs are but my Revs are close to each other with about half an inch gap between them. This way I can still use the Bimini top easily. You can space them out to the edge of the tower, just personally I didn't like the look.

pro485s.jpg 485 set up.jpg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@FloJet thanks! Yeah, those would be in the way for me. I am going for this look. I want to push them out to side near the bend in the tower.

11-30-2016 3-14-25 PM.png

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup that's a very clean look. I love the look of the Limited towers. I think 2 pairs of rev10s on each side could work and be out of the way too. WS makes clamps to go on side of the tower too for that I believe.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks very sharp. Congrats

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone here have experience with the ws420? Unit is powering on, everything hooked up but no sound. Switch amp rca'a over to head unit and everything works fine. Hook ws420 back up and no sound. Any ideas? Rev 10's sound amazing by the way.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Anyone here have experience with the ws420? Unit is powering on, everything hooked up but no sound. Switch amp rca'a over to head unit and everything works fine. Hook ws420 back up and no sound. Any ideas? Rev 10's sound amazing by the way.
Input selector?

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ugh, I can hear my wallet shivering. Those Rev 10's look great.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need more details.
How you playing music, bluetooth, aux? What's selected on connext screen. How is RCAs hooked up. Need RCA coming from either front or back ouputs on connext to main input on WS420. Rev 10 amp RCAs to tower RCAs in WS420. More details would help trouble shoot. Amp running ok?