• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just verified my info with another dealer. He says the info is accurate. He said they are the largest dealer in the southeast and agreed with what my other dealer said. Not here to debate my dealers authenticity. I am trying to spend more money with them and he is saying unless someone drops their order I can’t get it as they are all spoken for. My rep says he has been with Yamaha for 23 years and this is an odd time. The problems run deep I guess with sub contractors like glass etc not sure of all the details but it’s a difficult time. He said he is trying to secure me a 252XE but said don’t hold my breathe. This is now. I’m not referring to what may be in 9 months next summer lol. My point was if you find a boat you like you should grab it. Availability is limited and not many dealers are blowing out deals. Simple supply vs demand. And there isn’t much supply. Dealers have allocation and that is it. Some are spoken for and some are not. If you want a 252xe and the dealer didn’t order one they can’t order one now. Take it for what it’s worth.
I’m not really disagreeing with you for the most part. But if their saying all boats are sold for next year and their not making any more I call bull! Take it for whats it’s worth.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I swung by my local dealer and asked them a bit about it. According to them, they were given an allotment of boats from Yamaha and that is all they are getting. They did say it isn't written in stone, but everything is pointing to a limited # of boats coming from Yamaha this year. I didn't want to take a chance so I put in a deposit on an AR250. They estimated around the Dec/Jan time frame for it to arrive. Yamaha has been focusing on the waverunners first, and then the boats.

They received 60 waverunners from Yamaha this week and only 8 boats. 6 of which were spoken for already

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I swung by my local dealer and asked them a bit about it. According to them, they were given an allotment of boats from Yamaha and that is all they are getting. They did say it isn't written in stone, but everything is pointing to a limited # of boats coming from Yamaha this year. I didn't want to take a chance so I put in a deposit on an AR250. They estimated around the Dec/Jan time frame for it to arrive. Yamaha has been focusing on the waverunners first, and then the boats.

They received 60 waverunners from Yamaha this week and only 8 boats. 6 of which were spoken for already
Weird my dealer hasn’t gotten in any waverunners but has been getting a lot of boats. I’m still looking at upgrading my GP1800R SVHO. Pumped about the new one!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was at my local dealer today and they had an AR-250 and an 252-SE right next to each other in their showroom. The AR-250 is a nice boat but the cabin upgrades on the 252-SE make it look pretty stodgy. The big Connext screen on the 252-SE is really impressive - hopefully it isn’t as temperamental as some past versions.

My sales guy said that the opening in the side glass is access for tying off on the mid cleat. The opening seems is a bit forward of the mid cleat but that seems to be what Yamaha is telling the dealers.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weird my dealer hasn’t gotten in any waverunners but has been getting a lot of boats. I’m still looking at upgrading my GP1800R SVHO. Pumped about the new one!
That is what I was doing at mine, lol. I put a deposit on the new GP in Sept and they arrived on Monday afternoon so i picked it up today. When I went in Sept, they only had 1 Spark in the showroom, nothing else and 1 252SE I think. Fast forward to this week and their showroom is full of waverunners, most spoken for already and they had the 8 boats outside, no AR's though.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@JAELL @Seoul76 any update and photos of the SD?
SD was delivered last Monday, picked it up today. Think it may be the 1st delivered. My dealer also told me Yamaha is no longer taking new orders. Each dealer puts in orders after he release, there authorized numbers are dependent on how much they sold previous years plus a plus up. Also they don't believe the FSH Sport E will be showing up till next year...Feb/March...i knw someone here said a dealer was prepping one, no idea how they got tht info.

Attachments

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
SD was delivered last Monday, picked it up today. Think it may be the 1st delivered. My dealer also told me Yamaha is no longer taking new orders. Each dealer puts in orders after he release, there authorized numbers are dependent on how much they sold previous years plus a plus up. Also they don't believe the FSH Sport E will be showing up till next year...Feb/March...i knw someone here said a dealer was prepping one, no idea how they got tht info.
Nice! That is the exact one I am waiting on. What are your first impressions on it? How was the sea trail and the drive steering?

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Nice! That is the exact one I am waiting on. What are your first impressions on it? How was the sea trail and the drive steering?
I did not do sea trail, been on a yamaha for a bit. I have not even had time w/ it yet. I left 4am this morning to pick up and got home at 8. Love the first impressions though ... think Yamaha really knocked it out the park.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope everyone that got a 2021 boat loves it and that it is flawless..i was real close to pulling the trigger on a AR 250 but decided to wait a year or 2 until this madness calms down.. i still dont understand the huge price difference between a AR 250 and a 252 S...am i missing something?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope everyone that got a 2021 boat loves it and that it is flawless..i was real close to pulling the trigger on a AR 250 but decided to wait a year or 2 until this madness calms down.. i still dont understand the huge price difference between a AR 250 and a 252 S...am i missing something?
My dealer has both and I checked them out. Here’s the difference and my thoughts. The interior is a lot nicer on the 252.
you get:

*triangle storage table thing
*larger connext screen (the 250 looks a little silly having a smaller screen)
*material on the interior sides with a net to catch your phone (nice touch)
*seadek flooring
*filler cushions for the rear seats (the AR250 should have these but they don’t for some reason)
*sliding lounge seats (love the idea of these but after sitting on them and trying it out I’ve come to realize I’d probably never use them as their not that comfortable, maybe if I was short I’d like them),
*Swim up seating
*Different tower
*storage locker has a couple small features
“Premium sound” (I’d replace the speakers in both the 252 and 250 as I wasn’t impressed with either) I did noticed there’s room to install JL M6 7inch speakers in the middle of the boat. The other speaker openings are a little too tight to get anything bigger then 6.5s

I’m sure I missed a couple but that’s what I noticed. Not sure if it’s worth the $13500 to go from the 250 to 252. I’m leaning towards the 250 as I can get an AR250 and new GP1800R SVHO for almost the same price.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
when you get your boat on the water i am curious to know what you thing about the drive system on the wheel. I think that its the best thing about my boat but havent heard anyone else's thoughts

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer has both and I checked them out. Here’s the difference and my thoughts. The interior is a lot nicer on the 252.
you get:

*triangle storage table thing
*larger connext screen (the 250 looks a little silly having a smaller screen)
*material on the interior sides with a net to catch your phone (nice touch)
*seadek flooring
*filler cushions for the rear seats (the AR250 should have these but they don’t for some reason)
*sliding lounge seats (love the idea of these but after sitting on them and trying it out I’ve come to realize I’d probably never use them as their not that comfortable, maybe if I was short I’d like them),
*Swim up seating
*Different tower
*storage locker has a couple small features
“Premium sound” (I’d replace the speakers in both the 252 and 250 as I wasn’t impressed with either) I did noticed there’s room to install JL M6 7inch speakers in the middle of the boat. The other speaker openings are a little too tight to get anything bigger then 6.5s

I’m sure I missed a couple but that’s what I noticed. Not sure if it’s worth the $13500 to go from the 250 to 252. I’m leaning towards the 250 as I can get an AR250 and new GP1800R SVHO for almost the same price.
I just cant justify the 13500 price difference for all that fluff that is considered upgrades. Its almost like the interior in the AR is worth nothing and you are paying for them to finish off the boat interior ...as if you were upgrading from 19 inch wheels on your car to 20s and they charge you 5k

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I picked the 252SD (Blue/Warm) up on Friday. Did the sea trial and it is now ours. I apologize for not posting pictures, we were late and I left the house without my phone. The boat/trailer are still at the dealer as I am waiting for my lift to be reconfigured to accommodate the 252. We don't have room for it as we have the other boat that we just took off the lift in the driveway until we sell it. I will get pictures up as soon as I can.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just cant justify the 13500 price difference for all that fluff that is considered upgrades. Its almost like the interior in the AR is worth nothing and you are paying for them to finish off the boat interior ...as if you were upgrading from 19 inch wheels on your car to 20s and they charge you 5k
Terrible comparison BUT I will tell you the upgraded trims are available because of demand.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Have any of you who got the 2021 noticed how much overspray is in the black interior pieces? I am having to use a compound wax to get the overspray off...sheesh

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Have any of you who got the 2021 noticed how much overspray is in the black interior pieces? I am having to use a compound wax to get the overspray off...sheesh
pics?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't think I've noticed any on mine, post pics of the issue on yours if you get a chance so I can see what you're talking about.