• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 fsh E cooling system clamping

skyhighdiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
OK somebody that’s mechanically smarter than me. This is been asked over and over and nobody has yet to post a photo or a correct answer . I’m going to make it easy. Here is the 255 fsh E cooling system from the service manual. Let’s not get into the reasons ,why but if you’re going to tow the boat or go faster than wake speed with one engine off, are you going to need to crimp off water intake line to the engine that is off to prevent filling cylinders and Hydro lock. So the question I have is do you have to pinch off just the green location or do I have to pinch off both lines as in the red location. Or the obvious answer would be to pitch it off at the yellow location if that’s accessible, knowing this could help save somebody’s engine.IMG_0551.jpeg

Attachments