• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

60”/ 36v / 112 lbs - Trolling Motor for 255 FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My local Yamaha service center is recommending the Minn Kota Terrova 60” / 36v / 112. Is the 60” length sufficient for the 255 FSH?

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My local Yamaha service center is recommending the Minn Kota Terrova 60” / 36v / 112. Is the 60” length sufficient for the 255 FSH?
I would highly recommend the Ulterra. I have a 2020 210FSH and went with the Terrova 60" there's allot to be said about auto retracting when your solo or have a smaller or older co-pilot along. As for the 60" - my vote is absolutely not, in rougher seas I have had the 60" occasionally come out of the water. Whichever Terrova or Ulterra you choose they're an awsome choice in trolling motors. Good Luck!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m almost positive you will want the 72” shaft for your trolling motor..and definitely the 36V 112# of thrust. If you use the search engine for your boat and trolling motor you will find several threads on it. Or just go to the center console forum and scroll down, there are some good threads there from folks who have done installs that should give you some great ideas on how they went about it.

I will second @Dumbassbass opinion on the ulterra. I have one on my 2020 210FSH as he does and they are pretty darn trick to say the least, and like @Dumbassbass my prop comes out of the water once in a while when big wakes come by, so again that tells me the 72” shaft is a must.

I also highly recommend going with LiFePO4 batteries to power your trolling motor if you can afford to go that route. If for nothing else, the performance. They last so much longer than FLA batteries. I ran FLA batteries on my boat for a full season before going to the Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries, the difference is nothing short of amazing. I would think that with the bigger boat that LiFePO4 performance would be a huge benefit. You find the thread I did on mine here:

If you can‘t go for the LiFePO4 batteries now no worries, the Ulterra Riptide is an awesome trolling motor, you should ask your service dept if the Ulterra will integrate with the Simrad that came on your boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have theTerrova. I love it. But I can definately see how auto retract and deploy would be sweet and very useful.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bringing this one back to life for a question…been researching trolling motors and I noticed @FSH 210 Sport suggestion on the Ulterra. I was dead set on that being winner until I realized it’s a freshwater motor. Functionally, I’m sure it will work just as well in salt as it does in fresh. I believe it was in a FAQ section somewhere that I read the warranty is void if used in saltwater. Has anyone had experience with the 36v, 112 lb thrust, 72” shaft Ulterra in saltwater? Seeing any premature wear?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would probably get the Riptide, the new one. Pricey but the new motors and the advantage in Salt Water would be key.

I know people whom use Terrova's in Salt water and rinse throughly, but I don't know if I would do that with mine.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bringing this one back to life for a question…been researching trolling motors and I noticed @FSH 210 Sport suggestion on the Ulterra. I was dead set on that being winner until I realized it’s a freshwater motor. Functionally, I’m sure it will work just as well in salt as it does in fresh. I believe it was in a FAQ section somewhere that I read the warranty is void if used in saltwater. Has anyone had experience with the 36v, 112 lb thrust, 72” shaft Ulterra in saltwater? Seeing any premature wear?
I have the RipTide Ulterra which is the salt water version. I believe at the time I bought mine the RipTide was white and the freshwater versions were black. I probably have 1200-1500 hours on mine works great!

I’m not sure of the model name but Minnkota has a new brushless motor that is supposed to use 30% less power but they are proud of them.