• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$600?!! For a 10hr maintenance!!

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
$600 for a 1st 10hr service. Anyone else think this is alot. I understand it's got two engines but still.....

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! luckily my dealership is throwing in the 10hr service for free

Do it your self. $150 for the kit including plugs. You don't even have to do plugs though so just oil.

It’s was $800 at my dealer, about 10 years ago. Rip off for sure for what amounts to an oil change and lube job. They are supposed to check and tighten any loose fasteners and the spark plugs as well but not replace the spark plugs.

Being dumb and/or lazy is expensive. DIY

$600 for a 1st 10hr service. Anyone else think this is alot. I understand it's got two engines but still.....
That's about what they charged me. They gave me a copy of the checklist they use to perform the service. I Guarantee they don't do everything on the checklist. I let the dealer do the initial 10 hr service because of the break-in period, and I have the YES warranty. I'm a retired Ford Master Drivetrain and Engine tech so I can do everything myself moving forward. The Yamaha engines will last thousands of hours if they are maintained properly.

I paid my marina $150 to do my 50 hour service. I did provide the oil and filters, so $150 was labor.

Do it your self. $150 for the kit including plugs. You don't even have to do plugs though so just oil.
I absolutely would, like I do on my other vehicles but with this being the "break in" would it be wise to let them do it. I did ask what all is involved and he rambled off a list like checking the torque on certain stuff, something about jet pumps and anumber of other things. I also read some where on here someone was having a issue resetting the maintenance reminder.

That's about what they charged me. They gave me a copy of the checklist they use to perform the service. I Guarantee they don't do everything on the checklist. I let the dealer do the initial 10 hr service because of the break-in period, and I have the YES warranty. I'm a retired Ford Master Drivetrain and Engine tech so I can do everything myself moving forward. The Yamaha engines will last thousands of hours if they are maintained properly.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, thanks?

Being dumb and/or lazy is expensive. DIY
Lol, I'm neither. I would absolutely do it myself but being the "break in" I'm not sure what else I'm looking for except replacing oil/filter.

It’s was $800 at my dealer, about 10 years ago. Rip off for sure for what amounts to an oil change and lube job. They are supposed to check and tighten any loose fasteners and the spark plugs as well but not replace the spark plugs.
Agreed! I can change oil and squirt grease on stuff just not sure what fastners and other things to be checking for.

I would just check all of the hose clamps in the engine compartment, under the clean out hatch and On the cooling spouts and bilge pump hose. Generally check all the screws you can see on and in the cockpit.

I would just check all of the hose clamps in the engine compartment, under the clean out hatch and On the cooling spouts and bilge pump hose. Generally check all the screws you can see on and in the cockpit.
How do you reset the maintenance reminder?

It's in the maintenance page from I remember, but may be slightly different with the newer generation context screens.
I dont blame people for not doing there own maintenance, I mean life sometimes is moving pretty fast and folks just want to enjoy the time they have. On the other hand, I have time to do my own and have more confidence in the vessel because of the attention to detail that I provide.

P.S. I also save an assload of money?

Miami Dealer was $750 for 10 hour on a twin engine last year after they quoted me a lower price over the phone. The Service advisers are all tools and dont know anything.

Miami Dealer was $750 for 10 hour on a twin engine last year after they quoted me a lower price over the phone. The Service advisers are all tools and dont know anything.
Makes me feel alittle better, I think?

@Txbred Just do it yourself if you have the skillset

I took ours in for the 10hr as we needed warranty work done at the same time, and if anything went wrong during the service, they could deal with it instead of me. Price was reasonable but this was before the prices went crazy. I've done all service myself since then.

Back