• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$600?!! For a 10hr maintenance!!

They all do the same for the most part. Of course the ones with integrated tank put the oil there. The one I have I need to siphon it into something. The smaller one I have I keep in the boat in small container in case I need to change the oil while I am out for whatever reason. I do like the ones linked above as well.

I do like the ones with the integrated tank but it looks like most of them you have to manually pump.

I have 2x oil kits from JBP. Opted out on the spark plugs. Grease gun,grease, and working on oil extractor. Any thing else?

I do like the ones with the integrated tank but it looks like most of them you have to manually pump.
You only have to pump it a few times to start the siphon. They are easy peasy, and no mess. You can easily transfer the old oil into a container. It has a spout. You can also use this for engine coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, w/w washer fluid, rear diff fluid, etc. That's if you do your own maintenance.

I have 2x oil kits from JBP. Opted out on the spark plugs. Grease gun,grease, and working on oil extractor. Any thing else?
Yamashield and Yamaha silicone lubricant.
It's like Frank's Red Hot..I put that s*** on everything.

I have a bad back and I'm OAF, so I use this for my trailer jack and wheel bearings.

My wife got me this oil extractor a few years ago from west marine for under $150. It takes just as long as the hand pump versions if the oil is cold but what’s nice about it is that it holds 7 or 8 quarts so I can usually do both engines without having to empty it between engines.
436EEDFE-5AC5-477C-B772-4469ABCB4D02.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife me this oil extractor a few years ago from west marine for under $150. It takes just as long as the hand pump versions of the oil is cold but what’s nice about it is that it holds 7 or 8 quarts so I can usually do both engines without having to empty it between engines.
View attachment 170939
Very cool idea.

@Txbred Think about it on where you are going to rest it and the length of the hoses.

This is the one I use. They have pneumatic ones as well.

This is the one I use, works great. Having the graduations is a good way to tell if you have gotten most if not all of the oil.. and you can just use that little plunger on the side to switch the container from a vacuum to a pressurized container and the oil will flow out the suction hose into what ever container you have for the used oil. Pouring it out is easy as well, but! Make sure you have your finger over the hole where the suction line goes or you will have oil running out of that tube.

@Txbred read the manual on how much grease to put into the intermediate bearing housing. Then find some sort of small graduated container and see how much grease each pump of the grease gun handle pushes out, and compare that to how much grease the manual says to add.. it’s pretty simple. Also get one of those zerk gripping connectors for the grease gun, and an extension hose. Those bearings are against the aft firewall and there is not a good way to support yourself when you are leaning into the engine compartment. If you have the good grease gun attacment thingie, and the long hose you can just reach in there, remove the cover off of the zerk fitting and then lean back out while you pump in the grease.

Lnchett Grease Gun, Professional Pistol Grip Grease Gun with 18 Inch Flex Hose, 2 Reinforced Coupler, 7000 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VQF2YL...t_i_V4B8406AKRB78CDR3Z52?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler locks onto Zerk fittings. Grease goes in, not on the machine. World's best-selling original locking grease coupler. Rated 10,000 PSI. Long-lasting rebuildable tool. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKK...t_i_CTYVQ32JGWH7E7AK4GBA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I got both of these. Thanks HangOutDoors.

Servicing these engines are very ease to do, you will be glad you did it yourself and saved a good amount of money. Be extremely careful greasing the bearing, it only requires about 1 ounce or so, probably 1 good pump on grease gun. If you over grease it can damage the seal. I suggest you carefully read that part in owners manual so you will do it correctly. Happy boating..

I'm seriously thinking about doing it myself. Any recommendations on a oil pump?
Where you guys buying the oil kit?
Jet Boat Pilot.

This is the one I use, works great. Having the graduations is a good way to tell if you have gotten most if not all of the oil.. and you can just use that little plunger on the side to switch the container from a vacuum to a pressurized container and the oil will flow out the suction hose into what ever container you have for the used oil. Pouring it out is easy as well, but! Make sure you have your finger over the hole where the suction line goes or you will have oil running out of that tube.

@Txbred read the manual on how much grease to put into the intermediate bearing housing. Then find some sort of small graduated container and see how much grease each pump of the grease gun handle pushes out, and compare that to how much grease the manual says to add.. it’s pretty simple. Also get one of those zerk gripping connectors for the grease gun, and an extension hose. Those bearings are against the aft firewall and there is not a good way to support yourself when you are leaning into the engine compartment. If you have the good grease gun attacment thingie, and the long hose you can just reach in there, remove the cover off of the zerk fitting and then lean back out while you pump in the grease.
Yes, one of these thingies...They work great

Back