• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$600?!! For a 10hr maintenance!!

Speaking of warranty. If I do the 10hr myself does that do anything to the warranty. I haven't purchased the Y.E.S. yet but will sometime before OCT. Will that be an issue?

Nope

Just save your receipts and document everything. Take pics as well

Its not difficult and TBH, you will probably do a much better and clean job than the service staff. Plus you will get to know your boat and its engines. No one could take of my boat the way I do.

I'm seriously thinking about doing it myself. Any recommendations on a oil pump?
Where you guys buying the oil kit?
I use a four uncles oil extractor hooked up to air compressor and get the Yamaha oil kits off amazon

What all did you grease? And with what?
You grease the Jet Pump Bearing. it will be way in the back of the engine compartment with a plastic cap over the zerk fitting. 2 motors, 2 grease points. dont forget your trailer hubs too. can use any grease gun

By the way, the 600 would’ve gotten you a really nice oil extractor and locknlube grease gun on top of oil/filters

There is a big checklist in the owners manual.

Even though I’m getting the 10hr maintenance for free I will be going over that checklist for peace of mind. As I don’t trust other people’s work

Last edited:
Don't forget to check the trailer bearings for grease as well and lubricate the winch. Get yourself some Yamalube Silicone Spray and spray hinges around the boat as well. I use it liberally. There are a lot of threads here about maintenance. There are also threads on how many pumps and how to lube your bearings.

I bought these, as well.

Amazon.com: Lnchett Grease Gun, Professional Pistol Grip Grease Gun with 18 Inch Flex Hose, 2 Reinforced Coupler, 7000 PSI : Automotive

Amazon.com: LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler locks onto Zerk fittings. Grease goes in, not on the machine. World's best-selling original locking grease coupler. Rated 10,000 PSI. Long-lasting rebuildable tool. : Automotive

I use this for my wheel bearings.

Amazon.com: Lucas Oil 10320 Marine Grease; Multi-Purpose;14 Ounce : Automotive

The bottom line is you are going to need an oil extractor, grease guns, lubricants, as well as many other things that you should have in your toolkit for road trips and for maintenance. You never know when you will need them. May as well start now.

My boat cabinet and go bag are full of protectants, lubricants, grease gun, tools, sealants, 5200, 4000, solvents, clamps, pliers, duck tape, fix a flat, flares, reflective triangles, security chains, a propane torch and the list goes on. Even have some flex seal tape in case something goes through the hull on the water so I can get back in. I can pretty much handle anything that comes along and do full maintenance or specific maintenance for any reason at anytime.

I buy my oil by the gallon now and the filters a couple few at a time so I always have them when and if I need them. I also carry an extra set of plugs.

Some will say this is overkill but those some haven't broke down yet and performed a parking lot and/or on water fix. Better to have and never need than need and wish you had!!!

@proplessdancer Well put.
The day before an outing with the Family and their friends or on a road trip or on the side of the freeway are bad times to realize it may take a couple of days to get things shipped in to resolve an issue.

How do you reset the maintenance reminder?
Its in the Maintenance page on the Connext. However, for some reason, on mine your engines need to be running. I tried to reset it with both engines off and it wont do it. So i fired up my engines, with water connected of course, to warm up the oil a little bit and that is when I reset the reminder.

The only reason I took to the dealer for the 10 hour services was for the grease fill on the Intermediate bearing, but I'm honestly not sure they even did that. I know they overfilled my oil. Im doing my 50 hours service next month so I will check the bearing grease to be sure.

Its in the Maintenance page on the Connext. However, for some reason, on mine your engines need to be running. I tried to reset it with both engines off and it wont do it. So i fired up my engines, with water connected of course, to warm up the oil a little bit and that is when I reset the reminder.
Do you have to have both engines running and hooked up with water?

@proplessdancer Well put.
The day before an outing with the Family and their friends or on a road trip or on the side of the freeway are bad times to realize it may take a couple of days to get things shipped in to resolve an issue.
Absolutely, I would rather be over prepared than under. Good advice, thanks ?

Do you have to have both engines running and hooked up with water?

It worked for me with only 1 engine running since my water pressure wont allow me to do both at the same time.

Skipper Bud's in Oshkosh was charging $700+ in 2019 for a twin-engine jet boat. I'm almost certain last year it was $800, IIRC. I've never had them do any service on my boat, as the additional $600+ was a motivating factor for me to do it myself.

Any difference from one like this than let's say battery operated ,other than the obvious?.

Back