• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Almost sunk my boat

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I purchased the Attwood SS scupper, but I will take @Julian advice, and wait a couple of years. I grabbed a hold of my plastic one today and it's solid.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I didn't get a chance to take any video, but I was able to take a few pics while it was on the trailer. I can verify that when it's on the water and there's any water in the bottom of the boat, way under, in the actual bilge, when it bobs up and down, such as when you walk over to look down into the ski locker, it will fill and empty with the movement of the boat. This may not happen to everyone, because I discovered today that there was zero sealant around/under the fitting that holds the plug in the ski locker. I'll clean it up eventually, add some sealant, and reinstall my fitting. As it currently is, it doesn't stop any water from coming in, so in my mind, it doesn't matter that it's been removed for the time being. As long as my boat is draining as it should, I won't get any more or any less water than what currently occurs. With the ski locker drain plug in, it simply slows the entry of water. The reverse is true also, it slows the EXIT of water with the plug in. It drains perfectly fine, so the ACTUAL problem is that there's too much water in the bottom of the boat, causing it to back up into the ski locker when it gets high enough.

View attachment 129210

View attachment 129211

View attachment 129212
How about something like this?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
For the ski locker, it's not necessary. The new fitting should have an o-ring and seal up just fine with some sealant around the fitting.
I was proposing as a temporary fix.....I plan on changing the flange and plug.

Blue Yonder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I didn't get a chance to take any video, but I was able to take a few pics while it was on the trailer. I can verify that when it's on the water and there's any water in the bottom of the boat, way under, in the actual bilge, when it bobs up and down, such as when you walk over to look down into the ski locker, it will fill and empty with the movement of the boat. This may not happen to everyone, because I discovered today that there was zero sealant around/under the fitting that holds the plug in the ski locker. I'll clean it up eventually, add some sealant, and reinstall my fitting. As it currently is, it doesn't stop any water from coming in, so in my mind, it doesn't matter that it's been removed for the time being. As long as my boat is draining as it should, I won't get any more or any less water than what currently occurs. With the ski locker drain plug in, it simply slows the entry of water. The reverse is true also, it slows the EXIT of water with the plug in. It drains perfectly fine, so the ACTUAL problem is that there's too much water in the bottom of the boat, causing it to back up into the ski locker when it gets high enough.

View attachment 129210

View attachment 129211

View attachment 129212
This is happening to me too. Did you find the problem?