• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aluminum trailer model

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

I have the option for an aluminum or galvanized trailer for the ar250. Looking for model or any pics of the aluminum trailer. Waiting to see if I can get a pic from the dealer but wanted to get your thoughts. Slight upgrade for galvanized over painted right now and premium for aluminum over galvanized from dealer.

Will be dipping in salt so need either. Im comfortable with the galvanized since I've had them my whole life. Rinse them after dipping in salt and they last longer than I'll likely keep the boat. Plan on 10-15 years with this boat hopefully.

Last edited:
Aluminum is what I’m seeing a lot of around here with salt water. Not too many galvanized and think I’m the only one with a painted trailer.

This is a link to an awesome job that @Floridaman79 did on his trailer.

What I noticed is that the only aluminum part of the trailer is the main outside beams, the rest is galvanized, and the galvanized portions seems to have held up just fine. If the trailer was indeed all aluminum then I’d go with that.

The hubs and springs took a beating on @Floridaman79 ‘s trailer but he’s got it shining like a new dime now.

Awesome thanks for the link. I wouldn't have thought after that short of time the issues. I'd like to know how much in and out of salt and brackish they do every year. I dip maybe half dozen times in salt make sure to rinse well after every dip to help prolong life of components. If that is the case after a few years, I might as well opt for galvanized for 1100 less?

Awesome thanks for the link. I wouldn't have thought after that short of time the issues. I'd like to know how much in and out of salt and brackish they do every year. I dip maybe half dozen times in salt make sure to rinse well after every dip to help prolong life of components. If that is the case after a few years, I might as well opt for galvanized for 1100 less?

I think @Floridaman79 uses his boat a lot.

Aluminum will age nicer than galvanized and looks way cooler, especially with a nice set of rims! ?

Jim

I would guess I am in brackish water about 70% , 20% salt, and 10% fresh but i am out most weekends and I have had the boat a little over 3 years. I think I do a pretty good job of rinsing off after every use.

Before I rebuilt the trailer I had to replace the lights after a few months and the brake calipers after about a year. It is crazy how ill suited the trailers are for salt use.

I saw one under a 27 footer while I was picking up my boat from service today. I didn't like how that one didn't have the swing away tounge. I have to try and find the models that they use from shorelander. I wonder the weight difference, if it comes with stainless brakes, and specs compared to galvanized. I also have no where near the dipping that you do. Most of the summer, my boat is on a lift in OC, MD. When we want to take it somewhere else, we will pull it back up to PA/NJ and usually go to freshwater.

Back