• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

And so it starts! Seadek prep

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg after ordering seadek on the huge group buy and it sitting in my basement for 6 plus months over winter, I've started the removal of the old mat. I've been following everyone else's installs and demos and knock on wood it's actually coming up in solid pieces :)

Any tips or tricks for prepping the floor and install wokld be greatly appreciate !!!!image.jpeg
20 minutes later

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you are making easy work of it.

I simply cleaned the hull with acetone, let it dry then asked my wife to help with the install. It is easier to line up and install with two people. We hand pressed it to the boat after aligning. A rolling pin could be a good tool for making sure it is attached.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like you are making easy work of it.

I simply cleaned the hull with acetone, let it dry then asked my wife to help with the install. It is easier to line up and install with two people. We hand pressed it to the boat after aligning. A rolling pin could be a good tool for making sure it is attached.
It definitely came off easier then I expected ! Rolling pin is a great idea , did you guys spray acetone on floor ? And wiped it off ?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cleaned the whole floor with a windex like glass cleaner and then used a lint free rag with acetone to wipe each section down just prior to laying each piece. That way I knew that the floor under the piece I was laying was as clean and as free from any skin oils as it could be. The acetone evaporates very quickly so there was no concern of the surface being wet.

Last edited:

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I cleaned the whole floor with a windex like glass cleaner and then used a lint free rag with acetone to wipe each section down just prior to laying each piece. That way I knew that the floor under the piece I was laying was as clean and free from and skin oils as it could be. The acetone evaporates very quickly so there was no concern of the surface being wet.
Ok ! Thx!! I will follow that same process ! Hopefully this weekend ! Juat have the anchor locker to remove them prep and install :)