• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any good office chair

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So since Covid pretty much got transitioned to work online.
Before hated to work from home but now actually like it. No office distractions, no commute, and love flexibility. Can work at 6 am or 9 pm.

Anyway, at that point made sense to get a good chair similar to office.

Got this one from Staples
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 1.42.08 PM.png
Union & Scale FlexFit
Good stuff:
- Like the mesh seat and back so I am not sweating on it
- good adjustments
Bad stuff:
- mesh is pulling up - had to disassemble the whole thing and re stapled seat and back. holding up way better then from store
- started to creak, so kinda annoying on meetings

So after 3 years of use and couple fixes thinking about getting something else.
Any suggestions. Willing to spend up to $700-800

In the office we were spoiled by Herman Miller Aeron chairs but I am not sure it is worth that kind of money.
Herman Miller Aeron Collection
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 1.57.50 PM.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out the chairs at Costco. I got this grey one from office max for $500 but I got a similar one from costco for $300 for my wife. Both were purchased at the start of the pandemic and have been great. No noticeable wear on either even though they have been used almost daily.

fyi the chair you pictured is what my employer provides, I opted for something cushier in part just to use something different from what I’ve been in for years already.

Attachments

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

This is what my office uses. In the beginning of COVID, I casually talked to the owner that my back was hurting because of the chair because I knew he would offer to buy the chair lol so he had 1 sent to my house. Staples has it on sale now and it's definitely a good price.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Secret Labs

When COVID hit, we were given some money for a new desk and chair for home two years in a row. I ended up purchasing the same desk and similar chair for both my wife and I.

We got good recommendation on Secret Labs for chairs and have been very satisfied after 3 years of use. It has held up, and been under warranty the whole time.

You do have choices of cloth, PU Leather or Leather. I chose the Titan Stealth PU leather (hybrid) and it stays nice and cool. 8hr days are not an issue with it.

There is actually a Christmas sale going on for $150 off on certain models and free shipping. Don't let the labeling of gaming chair fool you. the young crowd that I work with spend many more hours in these chairs than most workers. And the black chairs look as good or better than any office chair.

Secretlab Gaming Chairs & Gaming Desk | Secretlab US

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So since Covid pretty much got transitioned to work online.
Before hated to work from home but now actually like it. No office distractions, no commute, and love flexibility. Can work at 6 am or 9 pm.

Anyway, at that point made sense to get a good chair similar to office.

Got this one from Staples
View attachment 212556
Union & Scale FlexFit
Good stuff:
- Like the mesh seat and back so I am not sweating on it
- good adjustments
Bad stuff:
- mesh is pulling up - had to disassemble the whole thing and re stapled seat and back. holding up way better then from store
- started to creak, so kinda annoying on meetings

So after 3 years of use and couple fixes thinking about getting something else.
Any suggestions. Willing to spend up to $700-800

In the office we were spoiled by Herman Miller Aeron chairs but I am not sure it is worth that kind of money.
Herman Miller Aeron Collection
View attachment 212557
I had one of the Aeron chairs at work with just the Lumbar support. I used that chair for over 10 years and never had an issue and it was just as comfortable after 10 years as it was the first day I got it. I loved the mesh seat and back so I didn’t sweat, the arm rests adjusted to my frame, as well as the rest of the adjustability. Yeah they’re a grip, but nothing cheap is good and nothing good is cheap.

The “leadership“ [sic] changed years after I got my chair and said leadership wouldn’t pay the price for the Aeron chairs, and I watched the cheaper chairs, $500, get replaced four times over and those $500 chairs were super uncomfortable! Oh yeah, “leadership“ bought themselves the Aeron chairs….

If I was to need a good office chair, I spend very little time sitting at a desk these days, I’d definitely get myself an Aeron chair.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Since they really don't seem to wear out I have had good luck with used Aerons. I have found them in the $400 range from local furniture brokers on Craigs List or "Reconditioned" whatever than means on Amazon for $5-600 including lumbar & adjustable armrests. That's where 6 years ago I got the one my keister rests in at this moment. It looked new when it arrived. And I added the aftermarket headrest. I don't really know how they do it but for me Aeron is a category of 1.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I had one of the Aeron chairs at work with just the Lumbar support. I used that chair for over 10 years and never had an issue and it was just as comfortable after 10 years as it was the first day I got it. I loved the mesh seat and back so I didn’t sweat, the arm rests adjusted to my frame, as well as the rest of the adjustability. Yeah they’re a grip, but nothing cheap is good and nothing good is cheap.

The “leadership“ [sic] changed years after I got my chair and said leadership wouldn’t pay the price for the Aeron chairs, and I watched the cheaper chairs, $500, get replaced four times over and those $500 chairs were super uncomfortable! Oh yeah, “leadership“ bought themselves the Aeron chairs….

If I was to need a good office chair, I spend very little time sitting at a desk these days, I’d definitely get myself an Aeron chair.
Agreed, those are solid chairs. 14 years for me no issues.
Instead of buying new our company hired to refurbish all of the existing ones.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Timely thread. I’m about to go 100% work from home so time to upgrade the office. I’ll probably go to a mesh chair - those aerons look nice but that is a big ticket!

Last fake leather Costco chair has spots rubbing through after 3 years (no I’m not fat, maybe fidgety). Fake leather is always a waste of money on any furniture as far as I’ve seen.