• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Fuel Gauge

jetdealerdallas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi Yamaholics. '22 AR195 Fuel gauge has never worked properly. Stays on 100% for first third of a tank, reads 65% at half-tank, and about 40% at a quarter-tank (never tested to empty.) Yam Facebook Page indicates others have this problem, and thus I thought to ask here. If this is one of those Factory design-flaws (where the Dealers say: "Gosh, we've never heard of that" and then they replace a few random parts, and give it back to you broken ("Look sir, we filled it, and it reads 'Full'") well, I'd rather not bother...(Been there, done that on other vehicles.) Anybody?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not sure about the new models,

on my 2007 the top of the sending unit at the tank has "adjustment" screws to make the gauge reflect more accurately,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TuckerE36

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ha, my 21' 195S does this, 100% until roughly 28-30 gallons left, then 55-60% when 15-20 gallons left. Read 28% and 4 gallons were left.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Had a similar problem on the 2022 SX195. Since I always top the fuel off post usage I could never rely on the digital fuel gauge as it never moved from 100%. @FSH 210 Sport recommended to me that I run the boat and drain the fuel down “significantly” and re fuel. Problem went away and now the gauge works as it should. Just be cognizant on how much fuel you “should” have when on the water burning it down. I can now tell mine works as on the water I have more fuel in the boat than when I bring it home as I have a roughly 30% grade on my street and I always show more fuel at home on the trailer then on the water. The float must be towards the back of the tank and as my bow is higher than the stern, I show more fuel on the trailer. Now since it’s digital I still don’t fully trust it. When it shows 40%, do I “really” have 40% in the tank?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had a similar problem on the 2022 SX195. Since I always top the fuel off post usage I could never rely on the digital fuel gauge as it never moved from 100%. @FSH 210 Sport recommended to me that I run the boat and drain the fuel down “significantly” and re fuel. Problem went away and now the gauge works as it should. Just be cognizant on how much fuel you “should” have when on the water burning it down. I can now tell mine works as on the water I have more fuel in the boat than when I bring it home as I have a roughly 30% grade on my street and I always show more fuel at home on the trailer then on the water. The float must be towards the back of the tank and as my bow is higher than the stern, I show more fuel on the trailer. Now since it’s digital I still don’t fully trust it. When it shows 40%, do I “really” have 40% in the tank?
On the connext screen there is a “used” line on the page that has the mpg, max speed and other stats. That used read out on my boat has been very accurate, to within a 10th of a gallon. Once you fill your boat up just go into that page and reset that page, then you can use the used line to know how you’ve used ergo how much fuel is left.

And yes several people have got their percentage gauge to work by burning down the tank to 1/4 or less then refilling. Again, use the used line to see how much fuel you’ve burned so yiu don’t run out.