• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I side with Parker. Not sure what a company can do than offer to buy back, fix or give new boat either immediately but wrong color or asap with right color.

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does a radar system cost?

They jacked up his boat. They offered a few different ways to make it right. He went scorched earth and may be too embarrassed now to back down and take what they offered in January.

Honestly, if I was buying a Parker boat I would have concern over their quality control but no concerns over their warranty service.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Radar is a few grand.

OOTR took down his videos, I guess he accepted the offer.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only wish I could get customer service half that good with some of the issues I have dealt with (not with Yamaha, just in general).

One thing I have learned in life is Sh!t happens, especially when people are involved. What matters is how the company responds to rectify the situation. In my opinion there is no more that they could have offered. Legally they just need to remediate the mistake, not also supply you with your amazon wishlist.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know what their warranty says or how it would go down in court but at some point they could have told him to pound sand and that the boat is within spec and operates fine. From what I saw on the videos, nothing is broken.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet somewhere they published gunwale height. It's not right at one of the sides. They already admitted there was a problem, so claiming its all fine now would be a hard sale.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

So he's keeping his busted boat? I dunno he's kinda made himself look like a prick during this whole process.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That being said, implying this is a safety issue is just a bit nutty.
It is a minor safety issue. The gunwales and pads on most boats like that are designed to be above-knee. Hitting at or below knee in some chop could easily cause someone to go over.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

So he's keeping his busted boat? I dunno he's kinda made himself look like a prick during this whole process.
What a joke.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To do what, exactly?

Apparently to negotiate a cash settlement where he keeps the boat and agrees to take down the videos.

Last edited:

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got to say, his line about the camera angle being off because of the floor is funny.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
in my opinion this is not a quality control issue. parker boat knowingly to level the pilot house to hide the floor problem to deceive the boat purchaser. get a good lawyer!

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more I think about this I am betting the same guy that puts the floor in also does the pilot house. If it were a different guy he would have told the first guy to fix it.

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The more I think about this I am betting the same guy that puts the floor in also does the pilot house. If it were a different guy he would have told the first guy to fix it.
It would take more than one person to build boats. This is a team or whole company effort or practice to hide the problems to sell defective products to customers and risk customers safety. This is a “Deceptive practices” could be a criminal act. I would not return the boat “ Evidence" to the factory before settle the case.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure exactly what the manufacturing process is, but I'd wager they slap a template on the pilot house after it's installed, and then cut out the door - making it plumb. Like has been said, I can't imagine anyone trying to get away with that, but some drone on autopilot? I buy that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
in my opinion this is not a quality control issue. parker boat knowingly to level the pilot house to hide the floor problem to deceive the boat purchaser. get a good lawyer!
Yep.

He could had spilled hot coffee in his lap. Or worse.

Hmmm... This is starting to look like a criminal conspiracy. Get a good criminal lawyer.
:rolleyes:

--

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Different topic all together but I found out the other day all new Toyota Land Cruisers with KDSS systems... lean, factory specs on that allow 1” tolerance. In other words a truck can lean as much as 1” (measured from the fender edge to the ground or wheel center) and still be within factory specs.
Just saying.

Yep - I have a 2015 and it has about 3/4" of "cruiser lean". Still an astonishingly well built and capable vehicle and not something I would have ever noticed unless I read about it on the IH8MUD forum, which I did.