• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe best action is get a whole new boat and Parker also steps up and pays labor costs associated with transferring all extra accessories from old boat to new boat?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to mention resell value on his repaired boat. Who's gonna want to buy a boat you knew has been hacked up and "repaired" when you could buy the same used boat that was made right from the get go?
I personally would find no pressing need to disclose it. It's a warranty issue, not like he ran it aground and had it repaired, though now that its immortalized on the internet, he may not have a choice in that matter. May be worth asking Parker (and perhaps that's the point of consternation) about some compensation above and beyond the repair - like an extended warranty or installation of some reasonably priced option.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can understand the frustration of doing all the customization again, but I personally would jump at the chance to get an all new boat. Pending inspection of course.

If it were me, I would run my happy ass off to the dealer tomorrow.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Latest video.

This is what I figured from the last one. The floor was put in out of level...definitely would not want that back “fixed”

I think I’d take the refund at this point.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting new developments....I wonder what Parker is saying now? This would be hard to fix. I'd want a replacement. But I wonder if his relationship with the manufacturer is too damaged now for him to want another Parker?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting new developments....I wonder what Parker is saying now? This would be hard to fix. I'd want a replacement. But I wonder if his relationship with the manufacturer is too damaged now for him to want another Parker?

He said they offered him full refund. At this point if I were him, I would remove my mods, take the refund and move on. Find another brand boat to give my business to.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He said they offered him full refund. At this point if I were him, I would remove my mods, take the refund and move on. Find another brand boat to give my business to.
I mean... exactly.

I'm trying to follow this case (why oh why?) - and am entirely confused at this point - what does this guy want? Did they not offer him 1. money/buyout, 2. a new boat, 3. fixing the problem in their factory?

I also would not underestimate the factory's ability to actually fix/re-level the floor. They put these things together and they know a thing or two. So, if they want to do this - why not? You can always reject the fix if it doesn't look right, at this point what's the difference? I highly doubt they would offer a fix without knowing they can do this. Replacing the deck in a fiberglass boat is not rocket science, especially inside a factory facilities...

This sounds like a complete bs: the guy is running around with a little level... Doing what? The roof is concave, is the pilot house floor leveled? There is just so many unanswered questions...

Having recently found myself in a very similar (in a way) position where I had a legitimate warranty claim(s) completely denied, I'm looking at this and literally scratching my head... In my case, I would have taken any of the three options offered to the Reef dude, and I would be singing praises for the company that does that.

IDK... If there is more to it - let's see the communications, at least he is getting things from them in writing! (I didn't).

The Parker company does not seem in denial at all, in fact their comments appear to completely acknowledge there is an issue, offering a fix or a buyout. They did NOT tell him to go jump in the lake.

Also, his deleting the company's public comments is fishy, is it not? Why do that? - I really wonder what is going on. Am I the only one here who feels that way? Not that I care, but to me this is just starting to look stupid.

--

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From what I've read, the company used his actual name when posting, so he deleted the comment. He always covers his face in all of his videos, so I'm pretty sure he's sensitive about his name. Additionally, the boat offered was not spec'd like the boat he currently has (factory ordered). So he told them that it would have to be another factory ordered boat in the same color. Finally, I'm assuming that he got a good deal on the boat, thus, a refund would make it difficult for him to get the same spec'd boat either through Parker or another manufacturer.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I've read, the company used his actual name when posting, so he deleted the comment. He always covers his face in all of his videos, so I'm pretty sure he's sensitive about his name. Additionally, the boat offered was not spec'd like the boat he currently has (factory ordered). So he told them that it would have to be another factory ordered boat in the same color. Finally, I'm assuming that he got a good deal on the boat, thus, a refund would make it difficult for him to get the same spec'd boat either through Parker or another manufacturer.
Well, the way he goes about it he may end up getting nothing. They made him some solid offers which will make breach of warranty claims pretty difficult to push in court if it comes to that.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Latest video.

This is what I figured from the last one. The floor was put in out of level...definitely would not want that back “fixed”

I think I’d take the refund at this point.
Yeah if I was him they're going to give him a refund that's what I'd do. To be honest if I was parker at this point I'd tell him to pound sand.
Well, the way he goes about it he may end up getting nothing. They made him some solid offers which will make breach of warranty claims pretty difficult to push in court if it comes to that.

Agreed. If I was parker at this point in time of him rejecting all reasonable offers I'd be like aight man eff off, we're out. Sounds like he said he wants an identical boat and for them to throw in a radar too, which I'm guessing is thousands. In reality what real grief has he seen to warrant several thousand dollars worth of extra anything? His boat still technically works, no one was harmed, he hasn't lost money from a business venture, etc. So asking for something on top isn't going to happen.

I've run into something similar with insurance claims. I wasted DAYS of my time trying to rectify a mistake the insurance made on a medical claim. To the tune over several thousand dollars. When it was all said and done months later they finally got it all sorted and paid. However, they weren't going to give me anything more than paying what they should have, regardless the headache and heartache that it caused. In reality......that was fair, they paid what they were supposed to, in this case they're willing to fix it, that should be all they're obligated to do.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah if I was him they're going to give him a refund that's what I'd do. To be honest if I was parker at this point I'd tell him to pound sand.

Agreed. If I was parker at this point in time of him rejecting all reasonable offers I'd be like aight man eff off, we're out. Sounds like he said he wants an identical boat and for them to throw in a radar too, which I'm guessing is thousands. In reality what real grief has he seen to warrant several thousand dollars worth of extra anything? His boat still technically works, no one was harmed, he hasn't lost money from a business venture, etc. So asking for something on top isn't going to happen.

I've run into something similar with insurance claims. I wasted DAYS of my time trying to rectify a mistake the insurance made on a medical claim. To the tune over several thousand dollars. When it was all said and done months later they finally got it all sorted and paid. However, they weren't going to give me anything more than paying what they should have, regardless the headache and heartache that it caused. In reality......that was fair, they paid what they were supposed to, in this case they're willing to fix it, that should be all they're obligated to do.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding sympathy, too.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’d take the money at this point. If they were to fix it I can’t see it being done in a day or even a week but I don’t know anything about building a boat. I do know about manufacturing though so if they fix it where do they put him in the assembly line? Do they pull people off current builds essentially stopping production or does he go to the end of the line and get his boat back in weeks or months? I’d just take the refund if offered and pull my equipment off.

I agree with others I’m not sure exactly what he’s after at this point since they have given him a few options. I also kind of don’t like the idea he monetized these videos knowing it would bring a bunch of views. Strangely the comments are lifted on these videos but not enabled on all the other regular videos.

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe he’s just wanting a big chunk of $$ from Parker as a sorry for messing the boat up and pocket the $$ and keep the boat? I’d take the full refund and move on if it were me.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take the cash before it's too late! Remove your equipment and move on.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Parker lawyers are probably drafting up the paperwork now..

" As part of this settlement, you agree to remove any and all videos, posts or comments that reflect negatively on Parker Boats, Inc...."

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I mean... exactly.

I'm trying to follow this case (why oh why?) - and am entirely confused at this point - what does this guy want? Did they not offer him 1. money/buyout, 2. a new boat, 3. fixing the problem in their factory?

I also would not underestimate the factory's ability to actually fix/re-level the floor. They put these things together and they know a thing or two. So, if they want to do this - why not? You can always reject the fix if it doesn't look right, at this point what's the difference? I highly doubt they would offer a fix without knowing they can do this. Replacing the deck in a fiberglass boat is not rocket science, especially inside a factory facilities...

This sounds like a complete bs: the guy is running around with a little level... Doing what? The roof is concave, is the pilot house floor leveled? There is just so many unanswered questions...

Having recently found myself in a very similar (in a way) position where I had a legitimate warranty claim(s) completely denied, I'm looking at this and literally scratching my head... In my case, I would have taken any of the three options offered to the Reef dude, and I would be singing praises for the company that does that.

IDK... If there is more to it - let's see the communications, at least he is getting things from them in writing! (I didn't).

The Parker company does not seem in denial at all, in fact their comments appear to completely acknowledge there is an issue, offering a fix or a buyout. They did NOT tell him to go jump in the lake.

Also, his deleting the company's public comments is fishy, is it not? Why do that? - I really wonder what is going on. Am I the only one here who feels that way? Not that I care, but to me this is just starting to look stupid.

--
From the measurements he showed in the first video there is no way that the floor is level. They had to have cut the starboard side of the pilot house down to make the roof look level. A lot of effort went into hiding their shoddy work... if it was easy to take the floor out (it isn’t) then why didn’t they do that when they first realized there was a problem?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From the measurements he showed in the first video there is no way that the floor is level. They had to have cut the starboard side of the pilot house down to make the roof look level. A lot of effort went into hiding their shoddy work... if it was easy to take the floor out (it isn’t) then why didn’t they do that when they first realized there was a problem?
The pilot house is molded with the deck as all one piece. It is fairly easy to separate the deck mold from the hull mold. Especially at the factory where they have a crane to lift the deck off the hull. What appears more likely is that they cut the top of the hull mold an inch too low on the starboard side. Unfortunately, it looks like they installed the pilothouse door level and plumb after the hull was capped, which is why the door looks crooked. It is all fairly easily fixed without having to resort to using excessive caulking and without shutting the line down.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Geez it's already spreading like wildfire.

I went to go watch a video on how Parker boats are made and look at the comments!....

image.png