• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope they take care of him. I'd be pissed!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, that sucks! I hate warranties. I value my time immensely, I'd be so so mad!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder if it is in all the boats they make or just his...
From what I understand this isn't the norm but I don't know a thing about Parker boats. They offered to give him a new boat but one from a nearby dealer. Apparently he spec'd his boat out and he wants the same boat options and color he had but they tried to give him something he didn't want.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From what I understand this isn't the norm but I don't know a thing about Parker boats. They offered to give him a new boat but one from a nearby dealer. Apparently he spec'd his boat out and he wants the same boat options and color he had but they tried to give him something he didn't want.
Plus he's done a bunch of mods to his boat already.....but guess he's going to have to redo those no matter what!

Last edited:

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They also offered to transport his boat to NC (on their dime) and repair it and he said no to that also. He has had this boat for 3 months. He had to have know about these issues for a while... These issue are real issues and would drive me crazy. But I would have also tried to address these issues before I continued to modify this boat.

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope he comes back to Yamaha and buys a new 27'. He did a lot of great mods to that Parker boat and getting a new boat would be such a hassle. Crazy, I can't imagine if you started measuring Yamaha's....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they promised to make the boat right in two weeks I'd let them carry it to NC and back. That would be reasonable to me... but I'm not the one that got hit with the aggravation, so I can't judge him for whatever decision he makes for himself.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As he showed us in the video it appeared clear there was an issue... but I cN see for the first bit of ownership not noticing it.. when he was showing the way the bottom of the door was not even with the floor i cN see him happily inside the boat.. turn around to walk out of the bow and his eyes fall on the bottom of the door and say... hummm. Then start to see more and more.. I know nothing of boat building but being able to repair that in two weeks.... that would be impressive..

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That sucks. With the distorted dimensions, makes me wonder if the mold warped during production.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meanwhile, inspector no. 12 on the assembly line...
vg7fd.jpg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Time for parker to conduct a urinalysis.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I watched the video when he published it, pretty poor QC to have let that get off the factory floor. Even worse when a company refuses to actually take care of the customer. Fixing a boat over several months, keeping the customer landlocked, would piss off any customer.

I wish he would have opened the comments on the YouTube, he'd probably receive lots of support.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He must've opened it, when he first posted the video, comments were blocked.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Reminds me of the windshield on my '09 210 ;)
Likely the hull is fine and the deck wasn't installed level. If it's just aesthetic issues and the boat performs properly (tracks straight), I think a monetary settlement would be the best solution given his customizing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He must've opened it, when he first posted the video, comments were blocked.
He usually disables comments for some reason. For that video though I think he wants some vocal support I guess.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I guess I see it the other way. Manufacturer is willing to take care of it, yeah the timeframe isn't ideal, BUT it's not like they're telling him to pound sand. Surprised they even offered him a new boat. I'd rather take that route than have them try and fix it and make something else worse in the process.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't imagine how they would go about fixing that! If I were them I'd give him a new boat, move his mods over to it and call it a day. Sell the crooked boat cheap to someone with full disclosures.