• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can't imagine how they would go about fixing that! If I were them I'd give him a new boat, move his mods over to it and call it a day. Sell the crooked boat cheap to someone with full disclosures.
That was my thoughts. Fixing that right probably would take 3 months. They're basically having to rebuild his boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I see it the other way. Manufacturer is willing to take care of it, yeah the timeframe isn't ideal, BUT it's not like they're telling him to pound sand. Surprised they even offered him a new boat. I'd rather take that route than have them try and fix it and make something else worse in the process.
If they aren’t giving him a 1:1 replacement and just trying to give him something off the lot then I’d say they aren’t concerned with doing right by the customer, especially if he custom spec’d the boat.

Fixing this boat wouldn’t likely be cost effective for the manufacturer. Spending all the time to cut it up and try to make it straight would be a nightmare I’d imagine. Their easy way out of this is to give him a boat off the lot that likely won’t be the color or specs he wants. That’s not really fair to the customer IMO

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If they aren’t giving him a 1:1 replacement and just trying to give him something off the lot then I’d say they aren’t concerned with doing right by the customer, especially if he custom spec’d the boat.

Fixing this boat wouldn’t likely be cost effective for the manufacturer. Spending all the time to cut it up and try to make it straight would be a nightmare I’d imagine. Their easy way out of this is to give him a boat off the lot that likely won’t be the color or specs he wants. That’s not really fair to the customer IMO
Well he said they were trying to give him a boat a few towns over. I'm guessing that's the closest boat like his to him. I'm sure after some back and forth they'd likely source him a boat closer to his. So far, it seems, they're at least trying to work with him and based on his video every option he's just saying no. We're all on the outside though looking in, who knows what's really going on behind the scenes.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a perfect opportunity for great reviews for the boat manufacturer..... send someone high up out to his house... look at his boat.... listen to him tell you the problems.... let him show u the evidence.. then proceed to make it right. I know it isnt going to be cost effective to do it but it would look good on the company. Many times people just want to know they are being taken seriously.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From Parker on his YouTube:
Staying up to date on the comments posted to this forum, we’ve noticed a lack of transparency from Out on the Reef about Parker Boats’ conversations with him, preventing a full account of recent events. He has also deleted Parker Boats’ comments on this forum, so we felt it is best to keep Out on the Reef’s followers fully informed and updated on past and present discussions with Out on the Reef.

Over the last 24 hours, Out on the Reef’s Parker boat dealer has had multiple conversations with him, and our owner Linwood Parker has been corresponding with Out on the Reef since he notified his dealer. Throughout multiple conversations, Parker Boats has offered Out on the Reef the following:

Parker has offered twice to pay for and arrange to pick up his boat, bring it to North Carolina, fix it and transfer it back, paying in-full for transport and repairs. For those unfamiliar with the boat manufacturing process, correcting the measurements on Out on the Reef’s 2120 is a one-day fix. It requires us to simply release the deck, lift to make the adjustments pointed out in Out on the Reef’s video, re-install, bond the boat, replace the bumper molding, shine and finish. Out on the Reef refused this offer and asked Parker Boats for financial compensation to fix the boat himself. This request was denied. Fixing the boat in our NC plant is the only way for Parker to ensure that the next boat owner purchases a flawless boat. Within the last 24 hours, Parker Boats has offered to replace his existing Parker with a new Parker from his closest dealership. Out on the Reef has refused this offer as well. Parker then offered to reimburse Out on the Reef’s Parker purchase. He once again denied this offer stating that he loves his Parker boat and still wants to be a Parker owner. Out on the Reef is rejecting phone calls from Parker Boats.

We recognize the adjustments needed to Out on the Reef’s Parker 2120. As many of you have mentioned, it should not have left the plant floor, and we agree. We have already adjusted quality control process to prevent this from happening in the future. This boat should not have passed our quality control. Parker Boats has been in business for nearly 40 years and has produced tens of thousands of boats. We strive for excellence in every boat we produce.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If he’s denying all they are offering is he just looking for a some money (reimbursement) instead of a true fix? I have no idea but just a thought. He seemed like an awesome guy in his videos so I wouldn’t think this would be possible? I would just take the offer to fix it perfect again. Not the new boat as it doesn’t have his upgrades.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wouldn’t want it “repaired”

But Parker seems to be being pretty reasonable by offering a replacement or refund.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If he’s denying all they are offering is he just looking for a some money (reimbursement) instead of a true fix? I have no idea but just a thought. He seemed like an awesome guy in his videos so I wouldn’t think this would be possible? I would just take the offer to fix it perfect again. Not the new boat as it doesn’t have his upgrades.
One of the comments said he wants a free radar installed.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... it does seem like they have offered reasonable solutions... a head ache I know for out on the reef but they are owning up to it and ready to make it right.. I cant fault them in their responce.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read their comment on the Youtube video as well. I can't imagine how they'd fix that boat in a day. Re gelcoating the joints would take at least 2-3 days to dry and sand etc.
This is what they say, and it sounds reasonable to me:
For those unfamiliar with the boat manufacturing process, correcting the measurements on Out on the Reef’s 2120 is a one-day fix. It requires us to simply release the deck, lift to make the adjustments pointed out in Out on the Reef’s video, re-install, bond the boat, replace the bumper molding, shine and finish

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a perfect opportunity for great reviews for the boat manufacturer..... send someone high up out to his house... look at his boat.... listen to him tell you the problems.... let him show u the evidence.. then proceed to make it right. I know it isnt going to be cost effective to do it but it would look good on the company. Many times people just want to know they are being taken seriously.
Yes, this process was originally developed by Yamaha jet boat division legal and customer service teams, it has since become known as “the Yamaha way”.
Not.

:p

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From Parker on his YouTube:
I honestly don’t know what else could you expect from a manufacturer standing behind their product??

Something is amiss.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I honestly don’t know what else could you expect from a manufacturer standing behind their product??

Something is amiss.

Agreed. Something smells a smidge fishy.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I read their comment on the Youtube video as well. I can't imagine how they'd fix that boat in a day. Re gelcoating the joints would take at least 2-3 days to dry and sand etc.
Yeah, I agree with that. One day sounds a little ambitious, but doesn't seem to be an extraordinarily onerous task that I would fear having repaired (especially being done at the factory, and not a dealer).

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Something is amiss.

Boat owner is probably a little upset (justifiably) and needs some time to think things through... or he wants $$$ back and will just use the boat as is.

I would think a replacement boat is fair. But I would push for them to pay labor $ for any after the sale upgrades I installed to be transferred to the new boat. (Except that window AC :facepalm: )

Yeah, I agree with that. One day sounds a little ambitious, but doesn't seem to be an extraordinarily onerous task that I would fear having repaired (especially being done at the factory, and not a dealer).
Nothing ever goes back together as well as it went in the first time. Plus they had to have hacked on the pilot house and or door frame to get it to “fit” the first time.

I imagine gobs of caulking to cover things up followed by lots of future stress cracks as a result of the de-bonding process.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to mention resell value on his repaired boat. Who's gonna want to buy a boat you knew has been hacked up and "repaired" when you could buy the same used boat that was made right from the get go?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to mention resell value on his repaired boat. Who's gonna want to buy a boat you knew has been hacked up and "repaired" when you could buy the same used boat that was made right from the get go?
I'd bet most Parker boats out of the factory would measure pretty close to specs but after repairs THIS boat will be close to perfect.

From my experience with Yamaha warranty and customer service I feel like Parker is actually trying to remedy this situation

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd bet most Parker boats out of the factory would measure pretty close to specs but after repairs THIS boat will be close to perfect.

From my experience with Yamaha warranty and customer service I feel like Parker is actually trying to remedy this situation
Parker may make amazing boats, I really have no clue about them and not trying to dog the company at all. I'm just saying if you were Joe Blow off the street and were next to two identical boats priced the same except you knew one had this issue in its life vs the other which was perfect from the factory day 1, which would you chose and what would it take to make you pick the repaired boat vs the other perfect one, all other things being equal? I know for my money where it would go.

In the end it just sucks all around for him and Parker. I'm glad to see Parker appears to be stepping up since I've read their statement someone posted earlier. Seems there is always more to the story than any of us will ever know. I have no dog in this and just think its crap bad luck for his new boat and wish him the best in whatever they come to an agreement to.