• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yep.

He could had spilled hot coffee in his lap. Or worse.

Hmmm... This is starting to look like a criminal conspiracy. Get a good criminal lawyer.
:rolleyes:

--
Punitive damages for fraudulent breach of contract.

(I have no idea about that but someone in the THT thread claimed FL law would allow triple damages)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well looks like he pulled all the videos now. I'm not sure what he was after in the end. This all smells like rotten fish.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone needs to tell us what the last video said. As it is a real tease to have link to video that is no longer available. Grrrr

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Parker Boat sold this defective boat to the wrong guy. Many weekenders would not figure out this boat problems. After he posted videos on YouTube and exposed their bad quality they offer to settle. I hope they will settle or already settled to his terms.
I can only hope his is the only defective Parker Boat made.
Have a good cup of coffee! Cheer.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone needs to tell us what the last video said. As it is a real tease to have link to video that is no longer available. Grrrr
He said the letter linked above was false they want him to sign and give back boat so they can I spect and then rebuild. He said no offers came until after he posted the videos and he doesnt have time for them to take his boat during summer he is headed to Bahamas in morning

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Punitive damages for fraudulent breach of contract.

(I have no idea about that but someone in the THT thread claimed FL law would allow triple damages)
What fraudulent breach of contract???

You and @jayasaki138 are making pretty wild projections, it seems to me.

In the light of information that was made public from the manufacturer side I see this as an effort by the Reef dude to, basically, extort money and in this case it seems like a super extraordinarily long shot...
In the complete absence of bodily harm or any adverse event or legitimate safety issue, and in light of manufacturers publicly disclosed offers to honor and fulfill their warranty obligations - this is going nowhere, in any court.

Unless of course Parker decides to sue for defamation/libel. Which I think they should, actually.

--

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reading this makes me realize that Parker is a stand up company

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Like Swatski said above videos being removed could be because he didn’t take the deal and Parker is suing him. Hopefully he took the deal.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What fraudulent breach of contract???

You and @jayasaki138 are making pretty wild projections, it seems to me.

In the light of information that was made public from the manufacturer side I see this as an effort by the Reef dude to, basically, extort money and in this case it seems like a super extraordinarily long shot...
In the complete absence of bodily harm or any adverse event or legitimate safety issue, and in light of manufacturers publicly disclosed offers to honor and fulfill their warranty obligations - this is going nowhere, in any court.

Unless of course Parker decides to sue for defamation/libel. Which I think they should, actually.

--
How can it be defamation if he’s pointing out what Parker themselves said is unacceptable?

Parker did not provide a boat built to the standards that they said they would. Again, they have admitted this all across social media.

OOTR said he contacted them three months ago but Parker didn’t offer a replacement or refund until after he poasted the videos pointing out what they themselves is said unacceptable.

In one of the videos OOTR said Parker was previously insisting that they would take the boat back to take it apart and rebuild it. He would have been without use of a brand new boat for who knows how long because they were going to wait and transport the boat when it was convenient for them. I would have been upset about that myself.

I don’t see how this is a warranty issue.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Like Swatski said above videos being removed could be because he didn’t take the deal and Parker is suing him. Hopefully he took the deal.
From a PR perspective that would be really, really bad...

“We built a crooked boat (and admitted it shouldn’t have left the factory as is) but we don’t like OOTR pointing this out on YT so we sued him.”

:facepalm:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How can it be defamation if he’s pointing out what Parker themselves said is unacceptable?

Parker did not provide a boat built to the standards that they said they would. Again, they have admitted this all across social media.

OOTR said he contacted them three months ago but Parker didn’t offer a replacement or refund until after he poasted the videos pointing out what they themselves is said unacceptable.

In one of the videos OOTR said Parker was previously insisting that they would take the boat back to take it apart and rebuild it. He would have been without use of a brand new boat for who knows how long because they were going to wait and transport the boat when it was convenient for them. I would have been upset about that myself.

I don’t see how this is a warranty issue.
If he's lying about the course of events and whether or not Parker made offers to repair/replace prior to now, then that would be worth suing over. All of Parker's communications seemed to flatly contradict what OOTR said, and it only took about three days for him to clam up and remove everything. I'm suspecting this didn't go the way he thought it would.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If he's lying about the course of events and whether or not Parker made offers to repair/replace prior to now, then that would be worth suing over. All of Parker's communications seemed to flatly contradict what OOTR said, and it only took about three days for him to clam up and remove everything. I'm suspecting this didn't go the way he thought it would.
I don’t get the sense he is OOTR is not being truthful.

Personally, I don’t thimk any of this is worth fighting over. Once Parker made the refund offer (whenever that was) I would have gladly taken then money and bought something else.

My sympathies lie with OOTR. He did not get the boat he should have. For what ever reasons he took this matter to YT and now random people are judging his actions right or wrong.

The only thing we know for sure is the boat is crooked. And neither Parker or OOTR are benefiting from fighting publicly.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It only takes 3 days for the damage to he done to parker. They probably sent him certified letter saying we wont do anything or speak anymore if videos are still up.

He left for bahamas has on trip i am sure he had planned.

They should fly someone down to his house do initial inspections and then once all he has shown in videos is true they could rebuild him boat let him keep using that and then deliver boat to him and have a tech on sight to reinstall all his mods into new boat and take old boat back to factory with them.

He wouldnt be without a boat but maybe day or 2 and parker would get boat back.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t get the sense he is OOTR is not being truthful.

Personally, I don’t thimk any of this is worth fighting over. Once Parker made the refund offer (whenever that was) I would have gladly taken then money and bought something else.

My sympathies lie with OOTR. He did not get the boat he should have. For what ever reasons he took this matter to YT and now random people are judging his actions right or wrong.

The only thing we know for sure is the boat is crooked. And neither Parker or OOTR are benefiting from fighting publicly.
I don’t think we know what kind of a deal he got on this boat, do we??
Perhaps it was sold at a huge discount, perhaps it was sold “as is”, etc.
I don’t think we know anything about this.
The Reefs credibility at this point is close to zero if you ask me.

Keep in mind he posted several videos with walk around information on his boat before all these problems came to light. How serious can these problems be???
Did he not notice the issues while narrating his 45 minute long videos?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Now, with him trying to manipulate the message and selectively delete parts of the conversation/disclosures from Parker, I would side with Parker all day long as far as who has more credibility at this point.
Sorry!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody else notice that he went back and renamed every previous video that included this boat to “<whatever topic> on crooked pilothouse boat”?

I guess I don’t get it. Lol (meaning his attitude toward this whole experience)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
His boat was built poorly. I don’t blame him for being upset. I’d suggest he films all his new videos 15 degrees out of level ;)

Here’s another interesting read.

2018 25' Center Console Hull Failure - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Another poorly built boat from a major mfr. (page six of thread has survey report). The OP is withholding the companies name and trying to handle it through the warranty process.

In the meantime he is without a boat for months while his money is tied up or is making payments. Like with OOTRs boat I’d want my money back or a new hull and some consideration for my troubles...at least a new hat or something.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In one of his videos, OOTR stated that he is going to keep his crooked boat, and learn to live with its crookedness. I still think I would've taken the refund and/or waited for a replacement. I hope he countered with , "I'll continue to use current crooked boat until exact replacement arrives."

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In one of his videos, OOTR stated that he is going to keep his crooked boat, and learn to live with its crookedness. I still think I would've taken the refund and/or waited for a replacement. I hope he countered with , "I'll continue to use current crooked boat until exact replacement arrives."
It takes a keen eye to notice the crookedness he found. He doesn't want to redo all his mods on a new boat. I think all he was trying to do all along was get them to give him money to keep his crooked boat (which is somewhat fair as the crookedness does put him at a little risk of lowered resale value in the future). How much resale does that cost him? That is the hard part to answer....Zero to 2k is the likely range. And Parker can fix it for their own labor? My guess is they paid him something to shut him up and not have to deal with fixing it (which is what they probably should have done on day one to avoid all the bad press-I think OOTR asked for a radar as compensation....which Parker can likely get at cost for 2k?).

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It takes a keen eye to notice the crookedness he found. He doesn't want to redo all his mods on a new boat. I think all he was trying to do all along was get them to give him money to keep his crooked boat.
He did say in his video that he noticed the crookedness the 1st week he had the boat. No doubt this was his plan all along.