• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

bad two days for boats for me..

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well the last two days been hard on my boats... last night on the way home the AR210-MR decided to drop a bearing in the starboard side gear reduction case... I have another but no gaskets... so im just gonna fix that and swap the shafts impellers and mid bearings... I pain in the a$$ but no big deal cause i got another boat thats been running fine right... So I do the preflight and periodic lube on the seadoo, warm up the engine check the oil check the coolant check for leaks check the lights... all is working fine been running great for the last year... so i shut her down and load up the itsy bitsy yellow boat and off we go all is normal up on plane cruisin 5500 RPM's 25 MPH nice sunny day no hurry...

get about a mile out BAM Temp alarm... very unusual in this boat so shut down and reset the ecu... starts right back up no alarm, go to spool her up and bam alarm... so i look in the engine bay and its full of glycol coolant in a normally dry bilge... so i dump some drinking water in the expansion tank and you can hear it running out what sounds like under the engine.... ok no oil leaking out and no water in the oil so no hole in the block... drop anchor and start to investigate could be the oil cooler... cant find anything so call a buddy for a tow cause sea tow and tow boat US are 2-3 hours out... he comes right out and we rig a line bam im home... pay him with a few cold beers and give him 5 gal of gas to get back cause he grabbed a friends little boat rather than his big mako and it was low on fuel...

so I get get the boat unladed and up on the davits.... drain all the coolant out and put it in a pail to take to the dump then clean the bilge and flush it out... with fresh water.... so i pull off the 3/4 line from the expansion tank and stick the hose to her... i cant fill up the engine its coming out as fast as im putting n fresh water and you can hear it but I cant see or feel any leaks... so i get my grandson to keep the water to her and crawl down inside with a flash light... there it is Way in the back where you can see but not reach an inch and a half coolant line to the heat exchanger had popped off it looks like there had once been a steel spring clamp there but no signs of it now. pushed a new all stainless worm clamp from spares... all fixed... Inspected the other side and there is a clamp there that looks good but I think ill replace it when I get a hold of Gumby to reach it...

i should have the AR210-MR fixed this week and send the sea-doo down the road...

Dannnnng….

At least the Seadoo wasn’t our “normal” BOAT style repair. Hope you get back out soon.

Back