• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery charger for 2022 ar250

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been searching around on the forum for a good battery charger for our I haven’t found what I’m looking for yet. I could use some help deciding on one. I need a charger for two batteries. I’m not sure whether I would get one that I install on the boat, portable or like a trickle charger I use for the motorcycle. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been searching around on the forum for a good battery charger for our I haven’t found what I’m looking for yet. I could use some help deciding on one. I need a charger for two batteries. I’m not sure whether I would get one that I install on the boat, portable or like a trickle charger I use for the motorcycle. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have 2 boats, one with 5 batteries. I have been using these for over a year and like them.

Attachments

• 3D0A3698-783B-4E8C-A9C7-7FC7597F0FDB.png
    3D0A3698-783B-4E8C-A9C7-7FC7597F0FDB.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 43
  • CA2A2619-922B-4D3E-9056-69FC2DDE466A.png
    CA2A2619-922B-4D3E-9056-69FC2DDE466A.png
    461 KB · Views: 51

An on board smart charger like a MinnKota or NOCO two bank charger with at least 10 A per battery. Trickle chargers are not sufficient to charge deep cycle batteries properly, and to properly de stratify the electrolyte and clean the plates you need at least 10 A. Also, if you are running flooded lead acid batteries the charger needs to have a manually activated equalizing charge profile that you can run once a month to properly maintain your flooded lead acid batteries.

I have the ProMariner 12x2. Works really well for me. I like that it has a maintenance mode so you basically plug it in and forget it until you use the boat.

Thank you for the replies. So do you mount the onboard charger on the boat or do you take it out when you are finished? Sorry for the newb questions. I’m guessing it stays on the boat.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. So do you mount the onboard charger on the boat or do you take it out when you are finished? Sorry for the newb questions. I’m guessing it stays on the boat.

Yes - mine is mounted under starboard rear seat.

Mine is mounted near the batteries with a thru-hull AC port for easy plugging in even after the cover is put on. So convenient to be able to walk up while on the lift and just plug a cord into the side of the boat and not have to remove seats or covers.

81DdNGv-2mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

No worries on the questions !

You mount the charger on the boat, and install a waterproof male plug on the boat so the female end of your extension cord just plugs right in. @biffdotorg mounted his on the outside and sounds very convenient. I mounted mine on the center console, and my chargers are mounted in the center console. The instructions that come with the chargers guide you on where to mount the charger.

In my opinion all boats should come with an onboard charger installed on them.

Did you install the through hull NOCO plug?

I did on my 252 - it's on my build thread somewhere. Right by the gas cap.

It looks like it is above the port storage?

Correct.

So if I go with noco 2 bank charger just leave it on all the time while it’s in storage? Through winter? I will be 3 hours from my boat in storage

So if I go with noco 2 bank charger just leave it on all the time while it’s in storage? Through winter? I will be 3 hours from my boat in storage
Pretty sure that’s what its designed for. I leave mine on when I do not use the boat. Mines at my house tho.

Back