• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Battery Charging Question

KoryBehenna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
So I have a new 2024 222s. I am new to the jet boating world, so I was curious how often I should put my batteries on the chargers. Is this something I should do every time I get back, or can I go weeks or months before doing that. Thanks!

It all depends on how much you use(cruise)your boat, draw on the batteries and so much more.
I don’t have a huge stereo or much draw on the batteries and cruise my boat a lot so I only put a charger on mine if they sit for months without use.

When I got my boat, the first thing I did was to install a NOCO battery tender/charger. I plug in when I put it on the lift. It doesn't hurt anything. The NOCO has a maintenance cycle. My batteries have lasted over 5 years and they are as strong as ever.

It all depends on how much you use(cruise)your boat, draw on the batteries and so much more.
I don’t have a huge stereo or much draw on the batteries and cruise my boat a lot so I only put a charger on mine if they sit for months without use.
Thank you very much for that feedback!

When I got my boat, the first thing I did was to install a NOCO battery tender/charger. I plug in when I put it on the lift. It doesn't hurt anything. The NOCO has a maintenance cycle. My batteries have lasted over 5 years and they are as strong as ever.
I will look into that this evening! Thanks for the advice!

Put a NOCO or Minnkota 10x2 smart charger on your boat and leave it plugged in when you’re not using it.

Not familiar with the 222..... but check the manual for your specific year and model to see if your bilge pump is wired directly to the house battery such that it can still run if you turn off the battery switches for your starter and house battery.

I discovered this on my '22 275SD so even with the battery switches off, there can be a parasitic draw on the battery that apparently comes from the bilge pump. Yamaha does this in case the boat takes on water from a leak, rain, etc. and the drain plug is not pulled.

I discovered after my Noco 2-bank charger wouldn't go into maintenance mode for the house battery. I installed additional battery disconnect switches at my batteries themselves so I can completely kill the power to the boat. When I turned off those switches my charger would go into maintenance mode.

The other place there can be a parasitic draw is the DVSR. If the optional ignition control is not used, the DVSR will draw 1.8mA when the boat is sitting. I can prevent this by using the switches I added at my batteries.

Last edited:
Back