• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You wan to check with @Rick215HO on potential weakness on your boat. I don't think the tower is the Achilles heel on that boat.
I would check @Rick215HO for the strengths! I think the only blemish in his Scarab was the windshield panel, a part that collapses on every other Yamaha in rough water.
Oh, wait, mine did break, too! LOL ;)

EDIT: I would say though - without the keeled hull like new yammie 240s - I would install trim tabs in a new Scarab as a first mod, I think. Would likely see huge benefits.
--

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm looking at a 2016 255 impulse. It's a new unsold boat that I'm getting a pretty good buy on. I'll be tradeing my 2017 scarab 195 impulse for. I'm not to keen on going down a year. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would check @Rick215HO for the strengths! I think the only blemish in his Scarab was the windshield panel, a part that collapses on every other Yamaha in rough water.
Oh, wait, mine did break, too! LOL ;)

EDIT: I would say though - without the keeled hull like new yammie 240s - I would install trim tabs in a new Scarab as a first mod, I think. Would likely see huge benefits.
--
Ah yes, I forgot the windshield... minor "blemish" - Not sure if it was just an assembly issue on my boat or design. This had been repaired under warranty before the trip because the STB side window had moved to the point that it allowed the center window to come off its resting tab. Of course, it moved again during the trip, the center window got jammed on the resting tab and on the next wave it pressed the STB windshield and the glass exploded in a million pieces (literally). It was fixed again and I think its fixed for good. Lessons learned: (1) laminate the windows and (2) keep the center window open and secured if conditions are not ideal (this was suggested during the captain's meeting btw, I'm stubborn that way).

Pretty sturdy boat otherwise, we've been happy with it.

Tabs for the Scarab is my next project. Seems challenging with the heat exchangers occupying most of the lower edge of the transom, it will require some creativity.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking at a 2016 255 impulse. It's a new unsold boat that I'm getting a pretty good buy on. I'll be tradeing my 2017 scarab 195 impulse for. I'm not to keen on going down a year. But it is what it is.
Don’t sweat it. I bought a new 2007 Bayliner in 2009 and got 40% off sticker. Best deal in boats i ever made.

Edgar Almonte

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Edgar Almonte Just curious. Did you have a keel guard ? I always have the funny feeling that a keel guard absorbs most of the shock from all the bouncing. I might be wrong.
I did not have a keel guard. I think a keel guard is more for protecting against scraping against rocks or debris in the water so I'm not sure it would have helped.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it easy getting through customs and all the process ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As long as you have al the documents you need its pretty simple just time consuming.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am sure there is a link somewhere for that paperwork?
Here is one of many places to find most of the documents, https://biggameclubbimini.com/marina/customs-immigration/ . The one document that can't be downloaded is the immigration form, this is a long narrow 3 page carbonless form, each person in your group needs their own form. The only places I know where to get the immigration form is from the immigration office or call the Bahamas tourism office in Fort Lauderdale and have some mail to you.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
https://svrs.cbp.dhs.gov/Default.aspx

you can do a lot of this upfront with the SVRS, check to see if there is an office near you. Also when you go to customs in Bimini you need to add your boat registration to the paperwork, Some ask, some don't....end game is the line is slow and you don't want to go thru twice by forgetting something.........

In the past we've asked for a customs officer to come to THE SANDS due to group size. (they never showed).....you'll see the term "island time" start to be used more and more on these subject points

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one of many places to find most of the documents, https://biggameclubbimini.com/marina/customs-immigration/ . The one document that can't be downloaded is the immigration form, this is a long narrow 3 page carbonless form, each person in your group needs their own form. The only places I know where to get the immigration form is from the immigration office or call the Bahamas tourism office in Fort Lauderdale and have some mail to you.
You guys never disappoint... now.. someone post the link about training your kids and / or spose to do what you say without question! PLEASE....!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah... i am worried my wife and kids will counter strike! There r 4 of them... my boy is 6 2 and the little one is cagie! The middle one i could handle until she starts doing the puppy dog eye thing.. and the wife knows the combo to the gun safe!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just called the the bahamas office i florida and they are mailing me 6 imigration forms.

The number is 1-954-236-9292.. it was a 5 min call!

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah... i am worried my wife and kids will counter strike! There r 4 of them... my boy is 6 2 and the little one is cagie! The middle one i could handle until she starts doing the puppy dog eye thing.. and the wife knows the combo to the gun safe!
My 6’7 son found out that weight beats heigth..... ;)

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just called the the bahamas office i florida and they are mailing me 6 imigration forms.

I think @Bruce gets the forms and distributes them during the captain’s meeting

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 6’7 son found out that weight beats heigth..... ;)
Oh i regularly grab my son amd make sure he knows whos boss!... its the other three jumping in thats the problem... thats a lot of elbows and knees to keep track of!

Last edited:

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Just called as well, it was really quick
Thanks for the info!!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
customs was a breeze when you're the first person to get there ;) and they were waiting for us. Really good experience last time around. They love collecting that $150 cash tho lol