• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Big Papa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm sorry to say but I am going to have to cancel. I had to buy 1 camper A/C, 1 roof mount 4-ton AC and a truck AC this week... I'm tapped out.....

Big Papa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When it rains it pours...

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It happens to all of us. My truck just went in shop for a $1500 repair for the "Vehicle Power control unit" or some sucha

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha, my truck's blower fan just died, but luckily I was able to find a $30 module replacement that worked!!! Four screws later, I have A/C!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I spent 4 grand on mine this year and it just had a clicking and grinding on rear end. 2004 f150 with 154k
New trucks are too expensive!

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
did you rental agreement include not having electricity 24 hours a day ? It sounds to be the landlord is in bridge here not you ( granted not his/her fault).
any news on the power situation over there

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a separate threat for it, but as far as I know they will be rotating power for a while (well after summer )

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bimini Big Game club says they have no power interruptions and do not expect any, for what its worth.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
100 mile "Bimini test run" on Lake Cumberland Saturday. Second Bilge working, check, GPS, check, 100 miles and still 18%gas left, yup ! All my upgrades functional! I'm ready!

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
100 mile "Bimini test run" on Lake Cumberland Saturday. Second Bilge working, check, GPS, check, 100 miles and still 18%gas left, yup ! All my upgrades functional! I'm ready!
question on the 2nd bilge pump. is that a Yamaha boat thing? I have an outboard and seldom see any water in my bilge.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its a "keeping my boat in the water and I dont want it to sink" thing. The Yamaha bilge requires switch to be turned on and (as I understand it) it cycles on and off every (x) amount of time, water or no water. This drains the battery. Most advise to install a second bilge with an internal float switch so it turns on only when there is water, and this is wired direct to battery bypassing all switches.

I installed an 1100gph model with 1.25 tubing. This weekend I held the drain plug open and it pumped out water faster than the water was coming in!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this tonight always be prepped

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So glad I installed a second pump!!!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to hear that power is 100% on for the facilities we are concerned with.
Although truth to be told I am bit skeptical how that can be as the islands are running on 30% of the power they used to......

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Its a "keeping my boat in the water and I dont want it to sink" thing. The Yamaha bilge requires switch to be turned on and (as I understand it) it cycles on and off every (x) amount of time, water or no water. This drains the battery. Most advise to install a second bilge with an internal float switch so it turns on only when there is water, and this is wired direct to battery bypassing all switches.

I installed an 1100gph model with 1.25 tubing. This weekend I held the drain plug open and it pumped out water faster than the water was coming in!!

ok. just sounded like the Yammies like to take on water....

From the factory, the bilge pump on my boat is wired so it automatically turns on when it senses water regardless if the main power switch is on or off. i can also manually switch the pump on when the power is switched on.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My primary bulge pump ( Yamaha factory one ) failed during the 2017 bimini trip. We returned with the back up as the only functional bilge pump. You should ask @Edgar Almonte about the value of a functional bilge pump.......

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need a partner for dock at Bahia Mar, who's ready to make reservations?

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need a partner for dock at Bahia Mar, who's ready to make reservations?
I do, my boat name is " Lu Lammon ", what boat name are you ?
any idea the reservation shall send to Stephanie, or Allen?

Last edited: