• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

LayneG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wait till you have a crossing where you are constantly hearing the jets break free of the water!
No fun, I had that on my way over last month!

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did Blue Hawaiian cross today? Lu Lammon?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
heading out, standing by blue water marina 1000.
The forecast shows that you have a few hours of good crossing weather left.

The forecast does not show 1 footers agin until the 18th.

i saw both apps the forecast this morning all 1' wave, swell 3-4 seconds, but remember that is for guidance, we experienced the 3' wave as well, its whole different crossing than we came. lucky i put a 5 gallons gas in while waiting for @AJack clearing out the seagrass, when i drove near inlet that low fuel lights goes on .

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, he crossed with me.
it was lucky that i learned from this forum, to put bow cover for my 19, as well as store my 4 extra cans of fuel in the ski locker to help increase weight in center to break waves

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m seeing forecasts for 2 footers every 4. Am I missing something? That’s manageable.
The tomorrow's forecast looks to be weakening and has the wind at you back. Should be Manageable, just not comfortable. Though "manageable" and "comfortable" are very loose terms.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tomorrow's forecast looks to be weakening and has the wind at you back. Should be Manageable, just not comfortable. Though "manageable" and "comfortable" are very loose terms.
when it said two footer, prepare to see more than double specially with wind !

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beside that, the beauty part was, we have two group of dolphins swim on our both side, a very short of less than a minutes, but it made a beautiful ending page !

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for checking in. All 10 jetboaters.net boats still accounted for! Boat 11 is a rogue, we have o way to contact them, but they seemed capable.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dave in boat 11 is several houses down from me in the canal. They’re planning on leaving first thing in the morning. They’re boat is more than capable in handling 4-6’ waves.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dave in boat 11 is several houses down from me in the canal. They’re planning on leaving first thing in the morning. They’re boat is more than capable in handling 4-6’ waves.
What is their boat?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forecast has softened but is still worse than the forecast for the 2015 or 2017 crossing to Bimini. Fortunately the planned movement is in the easier direction.

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The forecast has softened but is still worse than the forecast for the 2015 or 2017 crossing to Bimini. Fortunately the planned movement is in the easier direction.
That looks doable but painful - with short periods. But who knows, hopefully won;t be bad.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any update on departure time, forecast, etc.?
The forecast has softened. Winds are lower and the period lengthens in the afternoon. Waves will be at your back. The cross wind will make them messy.

0858DFF9-449C-4CFC-B8A6-BA0C75E3588C.png

NeverAgain3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is from the Windy app. Mid-point crossing is handy. There is also a chat capability where you can inquire if anyone is planning a crossing or anything you might ask.A9E20389-DC5C-41E5-8965-FEF974804E1C.png

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We left Bimini sands at noon average about 28 miles per hour until the last couple of miles where it got rougher.

Everybody made it back we got a little spread out towards the end.

I personally found going slower than 28 miles per hour was rough but increasing speed just a little bit to 28 was a little better.

2.5 Doc to doc