• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 Potluck/Pigroast

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last year we had a fabulous potluck/pigroast at honeymoon harbor. Everyone backed their boat up to the beach and put their spread on the swim decks. It was an awesome time and even included a couple of engagements!

This thread is dedicated to planning this event again.

@Bruce has already volunteered to supply the razorback ham!

Throw in with your menu, I'm already getting hungry!

I'll bring/grill Venison Roll Ups.. and some Venison Sausage!

This is Upperdeck's video from 2014

And my favorite picture of Honeymoon Harbor

YamahasInParadise.jpg

Of course I'll bring moonshine plus some chip and home made salsa.

Last edited:
I work for sysco foodservice if there is anything specific you guys are looking I supply food to resturants

I was going to bring the fryer and pot, so I could boil a bunch of corn, potatoes and carrots. How many people are we thinking about?

I was going to bring the fryer and pot, so I could boil a bunch of corn, potatoes and carrots. How many people are we thinking about?
With about 20 boats/skis there is going to be 80+ people. I don't think anyone needs to provide enough food for everyone, just enough for about 10-20 people.

If we do need or want anything in bulk let me know and I will pick it up through work. I know @Bruce is bringing a ham I can grab a 20# case of carolina style BBQ from work if you like as well if we have a way to get it over there or anothing else just let me know. If I know what we need in advance I have a good enough relationship with a lot of manufactures reps that deal with us at Sysco could probably get cases of various products donated to the cause.

If we do need or want anything in bulk let me know and I will pick it up through work. I know @Bruce is bringing a ham I can grab a 20# case of carolina style BBQ from work if you like as well if we have a way to get it over there or anothing else just let me know. If I know what we need in advance I have a good enough relationship with a lot of manufactures reps that deal with us at Sysco could probably get cases of various products donated to the cause.
@robert843 great offer, I along with others would probably be able to carry some items over.

One thing I did mention before, but to make things easy, everyone should bring their own plates, flatware, and cups.

The Mrs and I are discussing it, we'll figure something out next week when she's back in town.

Sorry for not jumping in on this earlier. I'll bring some bean salad, and I'll cook some chicken sausage on my grill.
Also, I want to give a sincere thank you to all of the Bimini veterans who have been helping newbies like me prepare for this trip.
I doubt that I would ever consider doing a trip to Bimini if it were not for the supportive jetboaters.net community.
I'm heading outside right now to make sure that my new grill works.

My crew's contribution. All credit goes to David! Please take note of the Spanish theme!

Spanish Empanada

Large and thin savory turnover filled with tomato sauce, red
and green peppers, onion and boiled eggs.

DSC_0194.jpg

Pinchitos Morunos (Moorish Skewers)

Very traditional tapa that consists of grilled pork or beef skewers
marinated in a garlic, saffron and spice mix.

2.jpg

Gambas al ajillo (Garlic shrimp or lobster)

Another traditional tapa.
Shrimp lightly sautéed in a lemony garlic sauce with a splash of Spanish
paprika.

ingredientes-gambas-al-ajillo-604x270.jpg

As a reminder, everyone is to bring their own utensils, plates, and drinks.

Back