1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240 and 242 Limited / S' started by MrMoose, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Rod5

Rod5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    UPDATE: My new TSB brackets seem to have fixed the issues so far! I've towed over a 1,000 miles this season since the dealer installed the new upgraded brackets, including a 630 mile round trip to PCB FL a couple weeks ago and no signs of cracking.
    Fenders do not shake in the mirrors like before with the original flimsy brackets. And I did NOT change the tires, I'm still on the original non-radial tires.
    By this time last year cracks were appearing on both the brackets themselves and on the diamond plate covers.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Coheeba

Coheeba Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +350 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Can you make a call for me to get the deal you got? :jawdrop: :thumbsup: :winkingthumbsup"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. firecap797

firecap797 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I noticed when I left the house yesterday that the trailer seemed quite a bit more noisy than it has been in the past. A lot of squeaking, I checked the fenders and they seem okay. Anyone else experience this?

4. MrMoose

MrMoose Jetboaters Commander

Ratings:
    +1,798 / 20
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Yes, I have in the past. I made sure that all my grease points were full and I sprayed lube on my leaf springs. It didn't help. I didn't spray any of the bunk pivots though. Some times it's pretty quiet, other times it is squeaky.

5. PortTobacco II

PortTobacco II Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I just bought my 2016 SX240 used from a guy in Maine. I have the issue with the tires on the trailer. Do you think I am still covered since I bought it used? The email I got from Carlisle is requesting the Bill of Sale for the trailer.....I have one from the guy I bought from but not one from a Yamaha dealer

6. PortTobacco II

Ratings:
    +38 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    So how long did it take to get answer from Carlisle that they will replace the tires? I a claim/case # real fast and I sent my pictures in early last week. I got a confirmation that they got my pictures but no word on if I am covered for the replacement tires. I pretty sure I am. I follow up yesterday and still no word back.

Anyone now if maybe they got hit by Erma? Not sure where they are located exactly.....
    Anyone know if I am covered even though I am the second owner of the trailer? I think I should be...

7. Coheeba

Coheeba Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +350 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    I called Shoreland'r Service Department per the Midwest Industries Fender correction bulletin (see attached) and spoke with Mr. Bolles. He asked me to send him some pics of my trailor VIN and the fender mounts and got right back to me and said he is shipping me new fenders. Great customer service. I haven't got them yet but we'll see.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. PortTobacco II

Ratings:
    +38 / 10
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I just got confirmation that they are sending me the 5 new tires. When you called did you tell them that fenders were shaking crazy when you were driving? I made sure to say that a few times and how I was concerned about a total trailer failure.